Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating in a day?

Can you post what you eat in a normal day? I am wondering how I compare to others at the same stage.

I obviously am not good at eating healthy/balanced meals (or I wouldn't be fat!) so I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to be watching....is it more important to count calories? count carbs? Fat grams? :wink_smile: what????? What is your normal daily intake of each of those (if you know it)? Any advice/input would be appreciated!

I think it's all important. It also might depend on how your body digests certain foods. You want to make sure you are NOT eating to many calories. You also want to make sure the food you are putting in your body is the best food for you. No junk. Go back to basics - that's what I'm going. Grilling fresh fish, chicken and other things. Steaming veggies, making rice - I cook my rice in organic chicken broth, some spices and dried fruit. It shakes things up a bit and I don't get tired of the same old rice, ya know. Don't drink your calories, either. You won't feel full, and will want to eat. I hope this helps you. Good Luck!

Peace,

Maggie

Can you post what you eat in a normal day? I am wondering how I compare to others at the same stage.

I obviously am not good at eating healthy/balanced meals (or I wouldn't be fat!) so I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to be watching....is it more important to count calories? count carbs? Fat grams? :wink_smile: what????? What is your normal daily intake of each of those (if you know it)? Any advice/input would be appreciated!

I pay the most attention to my calories and Protein. However, since getting my fill and having restriction, I can't eat much at a time and I concentrate on solid Protein (can't stand protein shakes), I am eating lower carb most of the time.

My typical day:

Breakfast--Quaker Weight Control oatmeal, about 1/2 the packet or 1/4 cup of Eggbeaters (equal to 1 large egg) with a slice of fat free cheese and 1 or 2 slices of turkey bacon

Lunch--part of a Lean Cuisine meal (eat all of the meat, about 1/2 the carb part) or slices of lean deli meat w/a slice of fat free cheese or 1-2 turkey dogs w/cheese (try not to eat these too much, lots of sodium)

Dinner--about 3 ozs of meat (chicken, fish, or lean ground beef), 1/4 to 1/2 cup of veggies, maybe a little bit of a carb side but I'm usually full after the meat and a tiny bit of veggies

Snack--usually only once a day, something like string cheese or something high protein if I need more, or maybe a sugar free pudding. I also love these 35 cal fudge bars I found...yuuuum, so good.

I eat about 700-800 cal a day, 60-70 g of protein on average.

Edited by JaimeSTL

Typical day for me:

B - Scrambled egg w/cheese or whole wheat mini-bagel with ff cream cheese

L - Whatever meat and veggies they are serving in the cafeteria at work. I had a salad today with boiled eggs and cheese. About 1/2 - 3/4 cup

D - Tonight I had 1 small piece of cubed steak, about 2 tablespoons of rice, and green Beans.

I usually have a Protein shake between lunch and dinner. If I get hungry after dinner, I will have a yogurt or sf popsicle.

I did have to start counting carbs. Even though I was eating less, I was getting in way too many.

well my eating isn't too good right now. since my 1st fill 1.6cc and then i had a 2nd fill .6 and unfill .6, I can't hardly eat anything without bad pain coming on except oatmeal. I have a cup of that in the morning and some jell-o with a 2 tbl of fat free half and half on it. tonight i tried vegetarian refried Beans (99% fat free) and had 3 little bites and had horrid pain again so i I just had chocolate Muscle Protein Drink (yum!) from costco. that has 240 calories and 22 or 27 Protein. I'm hungry, but I'm dieting through pain punishment. lol If my stoma doesn't calm down by this week end I just might go in and ask for a little more unfill. 1.6cc, should not be doing this to me. Think i just have to be a long time on liquids and mushies more than normal. I'm hungry, did I mention that before. lol

I try to eat between 800 and 1100 calories, (when I can eat) anything less than that would be unreasonable for me and my life long goal. and 45 to 60 protein. I just started paying attention to the fat content also.

l buy lean Cusines with meat and vegies only but I can't eat them now, wha! I'm hungry...:lol: I drink hot chicken broth to open and relax my stoma now but that doesn't work for long either. I don't like tea.

ok, i'll stop complaining now. :wub: i can have sf fudgecycles though. :lol:

I tried rice before I had a fill. I had no problems. I eat Pasta all the time, mostly the noodles in my lean cuisine Entrees and I've never had a problem with them. I haven't tried bread, but the other day I did try a South Beach kit that was ham and turkey on a wheat tortilla. That didn't feel too good going down. I'm definitely not trying bread anytime soon.

Ok, fun thread! Here's what I eat in a normal weekday (I usually give myself a bit more freedom on the weekends since I am much more active on the weekend)

Breakfast - Pick one of these 3 - Scrambled egg with sprinkle of cheese / Quaker Instant weight control Oatmeal / Cup of coffee with Carnation Instant Breakfast

lunch - Protein shake - either Atkins or Muscle Milk

snack - LivActive cheese

dinner - A Protein & 2 veggies (might look like Salmon with salad and green Beans or chicken with edamame and yellow peppers or a pork chop with cauliflower/broccoli and cheese sauce)

On the weekends, I stick to the same breakfasts, but eat what I want for lunches and dinners - but try to stay low-carb and easy on the portions. So far - it's working!

I don't count calories.. I didn't get this procedure to live the rest of my life in a counting calories and non-carb hell. This was a life change not to feel like I'm dieting for the rest of my life..

I cut out all the bad crap, ie, no more fast food, no more hamburgers and pizza and chicken fried steak... I do eat toast, but it's whole grain/wheat and it's thin and toasted. I eat multi grain crackers... and sometimes if I'm feeling really naughty I might have a tortilla or some rice...

My basic day is like this right now because my fill is completely gone (yay tomorrow!)

Breakfast: banana and about 5-10 almonds, or a can of tuna, or Fiber One Cereal with skim milk

Lunch: Bowl of vietnamese pho' chicken Soup. If you've never had this, it's very healthy and good. It's basically broth, bean sprouts, different herbs and chicken... Its very filling... I also sometimes bring the handheld cans of Soup you drink... cream of chicken is my favorite.

Dinner: Varies.. last night we had Pho' for dinner... or chicken and veggies, or wraps, or whatever... but it's something healthy

I then have a SF chocolate pudding around 8:30 if I'm hungry. Or a plum.

Now, when I have a fill and i'm really tight, my diet is completely different.

Breakfast: Muscle milk or Isopure

lunch: tuna and multigrain crackers or soup

Dinner: Squash soup, or pho soup

I stop when I'm full.. I eat something when I'm hungry, but I try to make healthy choices and I always get my Protein and Vitamins in every day no matter what.

well my eating isn't too good right now. since my 1st fill 1.6cc and then i had a 2nd fill .6 and unfill .6, I can't hardly eat anything without bad pain coming on except oatmeal. I have a cup of that in the morning and some jell-o with a 2 tbl of fat free half and half on it. tonight i tried vegetarian refried Beans (99% fat free) and had 3 little bites and had horrid pain again so i I just had chocolate Muscle Protein Drink (yum!) from costco. that has 240 calories and 22 or 27 Protein. I'm hungry, but I'm dieting through pain punishment. lol If my stoma doesn't calm down by this week end I just might go in and ask for a little more unfill. 1.6cc, should not be doing this to me. Think i just have to be a long time on liquids and mushies more than normal. I'm hungry, did I mention that before. lol

I try to eat between 800 and 1100 calories, (when I can eat) anything less than that would be unreasonable for me and my life long goal. and 45 to 60 protein. I just started paying attention to the fat content also.

l buy lean Cusines with meat and vegies only but I can't eat them now, wha! I'm hungry...:rolleyes: I drink hot chicken broth to open and relax my stoma now but that doesn't work for long either. I don't like tea.

ok, i'll stop complaining now. :redface: i can have sf fudgecycles though. :scared2:

I was banded 13th Jan, have lost 16 kilo's, but have been losing very slowly the last few weeks averaging half a kilo a week. This was after my first fill and I seem to be able to eat most things without problems,I guess my expectations were for faster weight loss, now my portions and nutrition are great. Why , do you think this is ? Are we not eating enough perhaps ? All I know is in the past this would be the time I'd give up and say to hell with it, but now I'll battle on. A fellow bander said to me "just remember that every ounce is now gone forever " so I think of that when disappointed. Wishing you well and know that we are all facing our "demons" ( impatience is one of mine) you are not alone, with time we will succeed.... Jan P

I'm definitely a carb watcher (no more than 30 mg/day) The fat and calories I don't watch at all, but they seem to take care of themselves.

Typical day

B - If I have Breakfast I will usually have a Protein shake, or if I'm really hungry some scrambled eggs with cheese and a couple of strips of Jimmy Dean Maple bacon (yum)

L - If I ate breakfast then I'll usually have a Protein Shake. If I didn't then I'll generally eat something like tuna salad, or string cheese wrapped in roast beef

D - Always a meat with veggies and sometimes a small amount of rice or potatoes (always measured). Last night I had 3.7 ozs of BBQ chicken, 1/3 cup baked Beans and about 1/2 cup of salad.< /p>

Night before was 6 oz of fresh yellowfin tuna steak (broiled with lemon and lime juice and lemon pepper seasoning) and five fresh brussell sprouts (steamed)

If I do good on my carb counting during the day (didn't last night cause baked Beans are loaded with carbs) I will have some sugar free pudding or Jello with cool whip on top (more yum LOL)

I basically eat as much Protein and veggies as I can and make sure I watch my carb intake. I eat pretty darn good!

oh, also i have a question. I was told never to eat rice, bread or Pasta and yet I see a lot of you are. it never gets stuck?

My surgeon said no rice, bread, or Pasta when I was on the mushy stage. After that, the info he gave us was that we could eat them in moderation. I try to stay away from all 3 because of the carbs, but I do have a bite or two sometimes. Rice goes down fine, pasta goes down fine, bread doesn't feel good, so I tend not to eat it.

i count calories because i need to learn the right amount, i used to make very bad judgments and i don't want that happening again. one can have the band and still get way too many calories in a little amount of food. i'm in a learning process yet.