Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not lovin' the "acronym expander" feature

Sorry.... it just bothers the heck out of me. Now i feel like i have to go back and re-read my post just to make sure it hasn't "corrected" my words! :puke:

I typed in B C , not spaced for B C powder and it changed it to birthcontrol.

What, lap band talk doesn't give me credit for being able to type what I mean?

Alex actually IS a genius!... who is constantly trying to improve our experience here. It's probably just an optional feature that he thought he'd try out to see if we like it.

I'm just weighing in....so to speak.

I was startled when my N S V abbreviation was changed to "Non-scale victory" (which shouldn't be capitalized in the middle of a sentence, but whatever). I wasn't aware of this feature until then and thought that I could see where it would be helpful, but I could also see where it could cause even more confusion...

Such as when I was reading a thread in which a poster mentioned adding P B to a shake and the expander decided that she was putting in productive burp. I'm fairly sure that she meant Peanut Butter. Ew. :puke:

If it could be optional, I think that would be ideal. That way newbies could see what productive burp means and people talking about Peanut Butter wouldn't inadvertently conjure up a disgusting image in my mind.

I'm of course appreciative of the site and enhancements in general, just my suggestion/experience with it so far.

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Thanks for the thread, maybe these geniuses will get rid of it.

Where did this come from? Alex created this site and provides it to us for FREE. That's pretty cool in my book. So he tried an enhancement that hasn't been well received, that's no reason to insult him.

I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Some things are helpful for newbies, like P B being converted to Productive Burp, so they don't have to ask what it stands for, but some things just get lost in the translation.

This feature has been removed.

Such as when I was reading a thread in which a poster mentioned adding P B to a shake and the expander decided that she was putting in productive burp. I'm fairly sure that she meant Peanut Butter. Ew. :puke:

umm, yeah - eww

Where did this come from? Alex created this site and provides it to us for FREE. That's pretty cool in my book. So he tried an enhancement that hasn't been well received, that's no reason to insult

TG, i couldnt agree with you more.

It's all good....if I took everything posted personally, I'd be sitting under my desk crying right now :puke:

Where did this come from? Alex created this site and provides it to us for FREE. That's pretty cool in my book. So he tried an enhancement that hasn't been well received, that's no reason to insult him.

I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Some things are helpful for newbies, like P B being converted to Productive Burp, so they don't have to ask what it stands for, but some things just get lost in the translation.

Yeah, someone who has the patience to put together a forum, maintain it, and even update features, deserves lots of kudos. :puke:

It's all good....if I took everything posted personally, I'd be sitting under my desk crying right now :puke:

Well, just know that we love ya, Alex, and thanks so much for the site.

Awwww thanks, it's my GREATEST PLEASURE!! Helping others helps me.

Wow, insult?

I don't take offense as miscommunication happens so often on boards.

This board is wonderful! I call many 'geniuses' and there is nothing sinister behind it.

I guess I'm one who means what I say but when people read something else into it... well, miscommunication.

Guess I could have said these ___ "the people behind this board who created it and ensure it's up and running all the time and who have great business minds...." but geniuses is shorter.

Hah GraceUtah, I wouldn't worry about it - I think just in the context that "geniuses" was used skewed it a bit as I perceived it the same way everyone else did. Just give Alex a big'ol hug :lol:

We love ya Alex!

This feature has been removed.

Thanks Alex.... I think that's probably best. It's a good idea, just doesn't really work in reality.