Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question??!!??

If you are at goal, near goal, or steadily loosing weight, please share what you are eating and what your workouts consist of.

Right now, I am doing low carb/working out at least 3 times a week at the YMCA. I have not weighed due to my TOM I know I will not get an accurate weight.

Thanks!

I eat regular food.

I don't drink Pepsi like I did preband. I don't drive thru like I did preband. I don't eat even half as much food as I did preband.

Yesterday I had a slice of cinnamon raisin bread, toasted w/ apple butter; a 32 oz Mt. Dew; a handfull of tostitos w/ salsa; and for supper I baked pork chops and made sesame seed bun pork chop sandwiches with seasoned fries.

I ate all the toast.

I drank less than half the drink, but it was mostly ice so eventhough the cup said 32oz, it only held about 20...so I had about 10 oz.

I ate half the sandwich and about 3 fries.

With the band, if you let the band do it's job, you don't have to cottage cheese and slim fast yourself to death.

Because I had soda yesterday, today will be no calorie drinks, and I'll up the veggies today.

It's all choices and moderation.

(didn't mention the workouts because I don't exercise) - but you should! I don't want to be blasted because I said I don't exercise.

I eat 5-6 small meals a day keeping my calories around 1500. I exercise approximately an hour and a half 6-7 times a week, including 3, 30 min weight sessions.

b:2 eggs,maybe 1 slice turkey bacon

s: 4 pack Peanut Butter crackers and fruit

l:Lil'Lunchable- turkey, fruit or Jello

s:peanuts and fruit

D:chicken and salad

S: yogurt fruit and granola

B: 1/3 c. ff refried Beans and 1 1/2 serving of egg white EggBeaters

MS: 1/2 serving of Muscle Milk Protein Drink mixed w/12 oz of Water.

L: 1/2 c. of buffalo chicken salad in a whole wheat wrap, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, and small spinach salad

AS: 1 Pure Protein Bar

D: approx 4 oz. of chicken or turkey, 1/2 c. of veggies, and 1/3 c. starch

Exercise:

Cardio 7 mornings a week. Days I work: 50-65 minutes on elliptical or treadmill. Keeping HR w/i weight loss range for at least 1/2 hr. Days off: 2 hrs 10 minutes of cardio.

Weight lifting 4 nights for at least 1/2 hr each of circuit training.

7 mos post op and 105 lbs gone.

Melisa, I think you'll find, if you haven't already, that different surgeons give widely varying advice and instructions on lots of things. I did a little reading on the 'no-soda' thing, and I think the pouch-stretching theory was developed in the early years of the band and persists even though there isn't much evidence to support it. (If anyone knows differently, please correct me.)

That doesn't mean it's necessarily a good idea to drink soda, as the carbonation can make some people very uncomfortable (me included). As always, it's best to follow your surgeon's instructions, but there's nothing wrong with asking him or her for the reasoning behind the instructions.

My surgeon told me no carbonated beverages because it could expand the pouch created by the band. Yet I see all kinds of people mentioning drinking soda? What gives?

One thing that's definite...is there is no definite.

What is okay for some, isn't for others.

Some docs forbid soda, and some can't eat bread or rice....while others can. Some docs forbid certain things and others don't.

Just follow your doctor's instructions and you won't go wrong.

As for the carbonation issue, I personally can drink beer. I have not had any problems or discomfort. However, as some have pointed out with the soda, I choose not to drink beer too often (as in, none in 2 mos.) as it is empty calories.

I eat at least 4 small meals per day.

B=either unsweetened cheerios w/organic skim milk or oatmeal cooked with Water, brown sugar splenda and dried fruits.

S=nuts, granola, dried fruits

L=usually Soup (preferably Lentil as it has protein) but I will occasionally have left overs from home only in small portions.

D=Whatever my family has except I NEVER eat deep fried anything and I do my best to reduce the amount of bread that I eat as it fills me up too much. EX: If the family is eating something on a bun, I'll have it either without bread or on a slice of whole wheat bread.

I RARELY drink carbonated beverages, but I do occasionally. My original doctor told me never to drink carbonated beverages and I didn't for a year. I had to change doctors, for various reasons and my 2nd doctor's dietician told me that I'm "out far enough" that it shouldn't hurt but remember the empty calories. I feel that aspartame in most diet sodas is harmful, so I stay away from it and indulge in a regular soda once in a great while.

I participate in regular exercise at least twice a week called Egoscue. It's kind of a combination of Yoga and Pilates. I try to walk daily, but am not 100% faithful to that.

Note*I have been unfilled for over a year and have maintained my weight by doing this. I'd like to lose more and probably could, but I like how I feel and have no desire to be further restricted.

hi,

i do a 30 min walk around the neighbourhood and every other day i also do 30mins hard on the elliptical. I eat REALLY healthy and have one day a week when i get a small treat (bar of chocolate)

I have found that when i drink Water the weight stays off and although i have reached goal and aren't trying to i still lose weight when i drink heaps of Water.< /p>

I do drink pepsi max (sugar free) and have since a year after i had the band because i can tolerate it, dont need to flatten it either. Although it makes me FULL quick, not enough to stretch the band. Wouldn't recommend it though lol.

I eat more then i did when i was trying to lose weight but not by much.

example is:

2 weetbix

salad sandwich or baked Beans

fruit if i get hungry, usually dont

and small piece of meat with veg.

2-3ltrs of water (when i drink this much im normally to full to eat a heap during the day)

Bel

One thing i notice everyone is doing, and was advised to do here on the board is to have Protein, notice you guys all do, certain this stops the hunger, and i will follow in your steps, keep up all the good work.

If you are at goal, near goal, or steadily loosing weight, please share what you are eating and what your workouts consist of.

Right now, I am doing low carb/working out at least 3 times a week at the YMCA. I have not weighed due to my TOM I know I will not get an accurate weight.

Thanks!

I eat 3 high protein/low carb meals a day & 1 snack. Regarding food, I realize I have to do a lot of planning, and have ready available low cal Snacks around - I carry Ostrich Jerky sticks & Raw Nuts in my purse - so if I 'm hungry, usually after a workout - I'm getting something healthy in.

Today My Meals are planned as follow:

B- 1/2c Fiber One Cereal w/2% milk & blueberries

l- 4oz of cottage cheese w/1tbsp of hummus mixed in w/1/2 cucumber

d- roasting a chicken - will have approx 3-4oz, 1/2c steamed broccoli

s- Jerky or nuts (if needed)

I work out 5/6 days a wk - 2 of those w/a trainer. Each of those days include approx 45minutes of hard cardio / 3 weight training / 2 core exercise classes.

I run a ranch w/my husband as well - and am pretty active with livestock / dogs / & many acreage to tend to...

Hope this helps give an idea - I have about 25lbs to go, but will guess these will take longer than the first 50lb did.