Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV! Share yours as they happen!

DH and I leave tomorrow for our trip. I went shopping for something to wear on the plane and after trying on several things, my daughter brought me a dress, size L. It fit, looked good, and came home with me!!! I love my band!!!

ssdown, "non-scale victory"

I had one this morning...I was out of skim milk for my Breakfast so stopped at convenience store on my way to work this morning. I didn't have any cash and hated to run my card for a dollar, so I got hubby a pack of cigarettes. When I stepped outside, this guy asked if he could bother me for one. I said sure, as i was opening the pack, he asked what there was to do around town. I said not too much that I knew about. And he asked (here it is...) if he couldn't take me to dinner!

I just smiled and said thank you but i am married. I wanted to say, no, but thank you for making my day! He looked younger than me and attractive. I was just in shock, i think that feeling carried me through half the day at least. i couldn't beleive it.

hi

i have 2 "best" NSV's

1. a regular size towel fits around me. i love this to this day

2. the seat belt on an airplane no longer cuts off my circulation nor do i have to ask for the extender. that was the most embarrassing thing in my life.

Ach, it's horrible, the extender! When I finally achieved Seat Belt Extender Status, I swiped an extender from one of the airlines (rationalizing it by the amount of money the airlines would save from flight staff not having to run around looking for an extender: multiplied by about 20 flights a year, I'm actually SAVING the airlines money!).

I'm looking forward to not having to buy an extra seat, or to travel Business Class.

Hi Everyone:

Yesterday somebody called me "The Incredible Shrinking Sue"! :biggrin2:That was so nice to hear.

After that she asked me if I was done yet, because she thought I shouldn't lose much more. I still have 37 pounds to goal, so that was nice to hear. Someone else told me that she was worried that soon I will be thinner than she is.

Another one is that I actually have muscles in my thighs! The inside of my thighs are soft and mushy, but the front and outside are getting firm. Yippee. Must be the trikke doing it's magic.

Keep sharing your NSV's.

Sue

One of my girlfriends bought me a cute tank top back in the fall that she thought I would like. It is a cotton/lycra blend so it is stretchy and form-fitting! I tried it on when she gave it to me and said to myself, "No way!" I've tried it on once or twice since then - still no go!

So - I had a concert last night and decided to try it on and it looked so different!! I wore it to the concert!:leaving:

I got a new swimming suit today.....and I don't hate it.

I don't LOVE it, but I don't hate it and that's a HUGE victory for me!

I haven't bought a swimming suit for at least five years....the last one I bought, I grabbed off the rack at Walmart just to have something to wear in the hot tub.....

I LOVE this thread! NSV! I have had a few -

- The airplane seat belt fits just fine now - with about an inch to spare! I fly nearly every week and prior to surgery I had to push myself back in the seat and suck it in as much as I could to get it fastened!

- I no longer pee my pants when I laugh, sneeze or cough! Life is so good!

- The other day, I caught myself crossing my legs! I love to sit with my legs crossed, but haven't been able to for a few years now!

I'm going to be on the look out for my next NVS!!! I can hardly wait!:(

I have had a few NSV's too:

1. Wearing clothes that I haven't worn in the past 5 years!!!!

2. Fitting into the seats in the auditorium at my kids school!!!

3. My 16 year old son noticed my arms are getting smaller, he said " Hey, I guess that band really works!"

4. My co-workers call me "baggy pants"!!!

This is fun! Here are some of mine:

Getting hit on by a guy (even though i'm very happily married, this was flattering)

Some pants that have been hanging in the closet for a couple of years fit again! (yay!) And pants i had been wearing (in a size i long ago swear i'd never buy, but eventually had to) are now loose.

Feeling sexy again! Feeling more comfortable w/ hubby, still leaving the light off, but feel more relaxed.

Finally someone at work said something (i used to be a yo yo'er, so i think thats why no one wanted to say anything).

Can't wait for more!

Last night, when I went out to dinner with the girls, I wore a pair of Australian size 14 jeans (US size 10-12) which I haven't been able to fit into in three years. HELL YES!

And my ass looked goooooooooooood........

We went out and hit the clubs afterwards, and I saw an old friend I haven't seen for six months - last time I saw him, I was at my heaviest. He ran up, grabbed me around the waist,

PICKED ME UP AND SWUNG ME AROUND, OLD-MOVIE STYLE. Then the best part? His opening line: "Damn girl, if I wasn't married...."

My ego hasn't had a boost like that in years!

:thumbup::tt1::blink:

Congrats. on the NSV's!!! Most people don't seem to understand the importance of that "ego boost" thing, I guess because they get it more often than heavy people. I reached a point that if I heard one more time about how "cute your face is" I was going to scream. I wore a dress to work the other day and one of the male inspectors I work with eased up close to me and said, "you might think about wearing dresses more often." I told my husband that night and he said he always thought I was cute but my new confidence has made me sexy!!! I'M SEXY!! WOO HOO!!!