Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting to Know Me... Fun way to learn more about each other...

I found this in another thread and added to it! I thought this would be fun for all of us.

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Brenda or Bren

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My handsome husband of 5 1/2 years and my adorable and sweet sons who just turned 2 and 3.

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: None

I LIVE IN: Northern Michigan

OCCUPATION(S): I'm a SAHM and am going back to college to finish a degree in the Fall.

AVOCATION(S): I love gardening! Especially my flower beds. YOu can never have enough flowers. I enjoy photography, reading, and enjoying the outdoors with my family.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I just started Running the Couch to 5k. It gives me time for myself in the morning before DH and my boys are up.

I COLLECT: Seraphium Angels, Tom Rubel Angels and a few others made my Roman.

Looks like fun to me!!!!

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Tara

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My Partner of one year, and my Roommate my Bff Paula. And I am very close to my intermediate family.

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: Maggie-my partners 90lb black lab

I LIVE IN: North Louisiana for now

OCCUPATION(S): Receptionist @ toyota dealership, School for masters in counseling (one day I hope)

AVOCATION(S):Art, art, more art. Painting, sketching, body art. Writing and bad photography.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Weights. I love to lift weights...but having my ipod and a treadmill is very soothing also.

I COLLECT: Sculptures and commercial peices of hands, feet and heads. (Its weird I know, I paint them), Art work, Chunky Jewelry

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Tammy

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: hubby of 10.5 years and 2 daughters 18 and 9

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: sasha my shepard greyhound mix and chip my lab, pit mix plus 2 cats who need homes (any takers)

I LIVE IN: mesa, az

OCCUPATIONself employed-I amke kits for teachers who teach scrapbooking

AVOCATION scrapbooking.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming, but I haven't done it in a long while

I COLLECT: scrapbooking supplies

Yesterday 10:12 PMBlessedTwice

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Kelli

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My husband, Tommie, and my 5 daughters. Jamie, 18; April, 17; Adriana, 16; Jasmine, 14; Brittany, 13

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 3 cats - Kizzi, Shadow, and Lily. We rescued a dog recently, but I'm not sure if we'll keep her. The kids call her Bacon.

I LIVE IN: Lexington, SC

OCCUPATION(S): Inventory Analyst

AVOCATION(S): I have a yearly vegetable garden, I'm currently writing a book, I also like to travel

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Right now, walking.

I COLLECT: Children...lol. I don't really collect anything except photos.

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Jeanie or Jean

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My daughter who is 38 yrs old and lives one hour north of me. My one grandson, 18 yrs old, that just started college and is 45 minutes south of me now. :blink: He is my pride and joy.

no significant other

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: I have one beautiful sweetest Papillon Soxie Sue, 13 yrs old and 6 pounds, 2 Russian Toy Terriers (my Russian terrorist!) (very rare breed in USA)and both weigh 4.5 pounds at age 3, Boris Boo and Tasha Tu.

I LIVE IN: Everett Washington

OCCUPATION(S): work in the Engineering department of a large Barcode company (28 years!) I create drawings in word per the engineers for parts we buy.

AVOCATION(S): I love camping, gardening, photography and making digital slide shows and just hanging out with my doggies or family and friends.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I like to hike the best and in -20 pounds from now i am hoping my feet will allow me to do this all summer. i'm going to get a treadmill, to cold to walk outside here much.

I COLLECT: it used to be pig things but everyone bought me so many i quit and i moved last year and minimalized all the "stuff" in my home. :) no new collections yet.

this is a great idea, glad to get to know you all better. :lol:

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Karen, (among other things depending on who it is and why they are pissed at me!)

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My husband of almost six years, Grey; my 21 year old son, Cody; my 16 year old daughter, Morgan

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 1 ten month old Rottweiler, Annia; two fluffball cats, Stormy and Willow; and about 40 fish in a 92 gallon aquarium

I LIVE IN: Ponte Vedra, FL (halfway between Jax and St. Augustine)

OCCUPATION(S): By trade I'm a cash manager but have been unemployed since August. For now I'm a SAHM.

AVOCATION(S): Biker (Harley Fat Bob), stock trader

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I really enjoy walking but can't due to plantar fasciitis. Hoping to make more use of my pool that we built over the winter.

I COLLECT: Painted Ponies, carousel horses, tattoos, handsome men (I wish! LOL)

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Amber

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My husband

of 5 years, my sons James 8, Keith 3, Carson 2

NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 2 Daschunds, Jack and Sue. We recently lost our daschund "Cash" named after Johnny Cash (husband's a big fan) so in his honor we named our newest "Sue" as in "A Boy Named Sue", yes he is male...obvious I am a Texan yet:tongue: oh and a calico named Emmy Lou (found her at a bar near the dumpster.....wow...that sounds bad... I am really not that big of a hillbilly!!

I LIVE IN: Magnolia, Texas (Northwest of Houston)

OCCUPATION(S): RN, high school teaher currently teaching health science technology. Miss nursing but these hours are much better for mommyhood. I'll go back to nursing one day.:)

AVOCATION(S): Organizing, home projects, puzzles, River trips, camping and fishing (I think God knew I was not a girly mom).

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Anything but the treadmill..LOL. Love classes (any kind), yard work, walking.

I COLLECT: HMMMM, nothing I don't believe in clutter, cleanliness, simplicity and organization is good for the soul. My motto: If you can't take it with you when you go, then you can live without it.:blink:

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Becca

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: Husband Jason, 2 boys Brayton (8) & Christian (3)

NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: Sam, the big dumb dog (black lab) and Cayla (the Sam-hating cat)

I LIVE IN: Indianapolis

OCCUPATION(S): HR Director (for which I get paid) / Mom, Housecleaner and Weight Loss Diva (all volunteer)

AVOCATION(S): Reading (read 125 books last year - including almost all classics I had not yet read). Used to scrapbook like a mad thing, but golly that takes time!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Ummmm....what was the question? Oh yeah...well, does makin' sweet love with my husband count???

I COLLECT: Dept. 56 Dicken's Village Lighted Houses. As a teenager, I worked in a beautiful Christmas store for a few years, and used to say to myself, "gosh darnit, when I grow up I'm gonna buy myself some of those pretty things." I now have about 20.

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Amy or Ames

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My awesome husband of 5 years, Dan.

NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 2 rescue dogs from Mexico. Riley is a golden-retriever/cocker-spaniel/irish setter mix. Shelby is a rottie/lab mix.

I LIVE IN: Beautiful San Diego

OCCUPATION(S): Public Relations consultant for local sporting events

AVOCATION(S): Charity work- Amercian Cancer Society, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The Silver Lining Foundation (pediatric cancer), Susan G. Kohmen Foundation

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running, strength training class at 24 Hour Fitness and yoga

I COLLECT: wine!! I just try to keep it on the shelf as opposed to in my belly!!

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Rhonda

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: Daughter (10 going on 35) & BF of over a year and my lovely mother.

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: My little girls, yellow lab and white boxer

I LIVE IN: Houston, TX

OCCUPATION Administration

AVOCATION LBT! And, flowers, gardening, my pets, writing, reading, board games.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None of it! But, walking and weights if I have to. Yardwork, when I really get into it. I love swimming, but haven't been because I'm too fat! :tongue_smilie:

I COLLECT: Dried flowers and mountains of magazines.

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Michelle

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My firefighting husband of 20 years and my 22 month old daughter

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: Female dog, Dakota, a rescued Chow/Spitz mix

I LIVE IN: Central Sierra Nevada Mountains (just south of Yosemite National Park)

AVOCATION: Reading, Traveling

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None!!

I COLLECT: Snowmen

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Kelly or Kel

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My Husband Pat (13 yrs), DD Sarah,5 and son Rhett, 17 months.

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: Scout 6 year old cat, looks like Audrey Hepburn!

I LIVE IN: Near Detroit Michigan (don't be scared) I'm an Eastsider.

AVOCATION: I quit smoking and took up recycling!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: before I was fat, roller skating. After surgery is yet to be decided.

I COLLECT: designer handbags, my current obsession!

Edited by rowshan

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Ash

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My partner and our daughter (aged 5)

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 2 rabbits

I LIVE IN: Ireland.

AVOCATION: Reading, travelling, quality family time

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming

I COLLECT: nothing. I hate clutter and our house is fairly minimalist except for the playroom.

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: Lori

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: My loving hubby (and still my best friend!) of 16 years, and my beautiful 11 year old son. I also deeply love my sister (YankeeBlue) and all of her family! God is also a very important relationship in my life.

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: 3 cats that rule the house, lol . . . we are here for their comfort. Aesop -16 year old purebred Birman cat, Zip - 6 year old "tuxedo" kitty rescued from a shelter, and Chessie - 3 year old tortoiseshell kitty rescued from the vet's office (someone dumped her off and left her!). I am currently searching for a dog that will be another soul-mate.

I LIVE IN: The Great Lake State of Michigan, beautiful, but it needs to stop snowing now! (we got another 3-4 inches last night . . . OY! But most of it melted today).

OCCUPATION: Registered Nurse, Licensed Veterinary Technician, but currently a SAHM . . . one of my goals is to get back in a new job in either career, I love them both.

AVOCATION: My computer, lol. I also love gardening, anything animals, all kinds of crafts, reading, shopping, and traveling to new places and seeing new things. I have a passion for horse-back riding. I *love* learning - I'd go back to college and get another degree if I had the money/time for it right now.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Mountain Biking, I used to love hiking through the woods and swimming (when I was thinner - I'm hoping to get back to both one day! I love the beach!)

I COLLECT: Too much, lol, I'm trying to reduce this as well as my weight! I have tons of books, CDs and DVDs (amazon.com is a favorite place to shop), and I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek . . . I have dragons around the house. :)

Edited by Lori_K

EVERYBODY CALLS ME: On this board, "GC" or "Greeny" :)

MY PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE: Husband of almost 13 years

MY NON-HUMAN FAMILY CONSISTS OF: Three cats

I LIVE IN: Metro Atlanta area, Georgia

OCCUPATION(S): Library assistant, freelance writer/editor, someday a grad student

AVOCATION(S): Blogging, surfing the 'net, traveling, attending plays & operas, forensic science, history, literature, singing, dancing, cooking, obsessing about the color green, secretly reading gossip sites/magazines, shopping online

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dancing, walking

I COLLECT: books, books and more books!

Edited by GreenChrysalis