Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summerville, SC

Hello everyone, Kathy seems like we have finally got others yeah! I am glad we got this forum started. Where is Dr. Bauman? How much does he charge for fills? I am sticking with Dr. Ponce for the first year but would like to find someone closer for the long term fills. Bondgirl is your insurance paying for the lapband? if not we can help give4 you names of Dr.'s. Dr. Ponce cost for outpatient was $13,700.00 for everything, surgeon, anethesiologist and facility. He is in dalton, ga. that is where i went and theu were awesome. eliza

I am hoping Insurance pays. My friend Steve has the same insurance and they payed for his and his BMI was 38. He has sleep apnea and so they went ahead and payed for it. So keep your fingers crossed they will pay for me. I don't see a problem. I just need to get all my paper work done and submitted to get a surgery date and approval from insurance. They said it will take a week after submission to approve it. I will keep you guys posted.

Forgot to answer about Bauman. He is up in Concord, NC. He is a good hour away from me in Lake Wylie. Check out his website http://www.lgbsurgery.com/I like him and I know 4 people that have gone with him and have all done really well.

Hey, Thanks for posting! I am really excited about this and can't wait. It is great to know there are some girls near me that will have the lap-band. My other friends have had the gastric RNY with Dr Rutledge and Dr Bauman. I am the first of us girls to go with the lap-band. I am sure will go well. I can't wait to see your results and how you do with the surgery. It is coming up fast! :)

Hey Angie, go to the Introductions Forum and post an intro...so folks can get to know you , they'll all say hi, etc. Most folks don't read this thread just because it's in the SC Forum. I've seen you posting all over today so I'm glad you are comfy here! It's a great place, let everyone tell you hello.

Here's some Bauman info, when I had decided to see Kuri in Mx, I was calling around looking for aftercare/fills so I didn't have to fly all the way back to MX. So I called Bauman's office and the girl said, "he does do fills, but he is thinking about NOT doing fills for other Drs for liability reasons" which I took to mean, yes, but not for MX Drs. so I went elsewhere. So, Eliza, I'll bet Dr Bauman will do your fills. But I'd be interested in finding out what they said.

Thanks Kathy! lol They are probably wondering who the hell I am? lol I will definetly do that.

When I talk with Dr. Baumen again before surgery I will ask him about this and see what he has to say. I am happy to hear that he does them so I don't have to find someone else. Hopefully they will change their minds and help you out.

I have really enjoyed the forums today, especially the poopie one! It was hilarious. I think the people in here are great and can't wait to go through this journey with you all.

Thanks again for welcoming me.

Angie

Hello Girls,

Hope all is well just wanted to say I am hanging in there. The gas pain is subsiding and the hunger is getting to be less. I can't wait til the true mushy phase and my first fill! One thing i keep telling myself is that this is the healing part not the weight loss part and not to stress out that I am eating foods that I would "normally" consider to be off limits: creamy based soup; eventually mash potatoes; soft cheeses, etc...broth gets old but works. I am not really in the mushy phase yet but every now and then i have something with some substance to it. It hasn't seemed to be any different than when I have just broth. Now that the swelling has gone down, I am losing some restriction and can eat a little more; I don't like this and snacking seems to becoming a routine. Today I have focused on NOT snacking. I think the fill will eventually help with this. "Three meals a day, No snacking is what I keep telling myself." At any rate, i don't have any regrets and feel much more positive than ever! Good luck Kathy on Friday! If I don't post as much...it's because I have a bunch of papers and projects to do for school. I am still thinking about you both and keeping you in my thoughts. Take Care, Eliza

Thanks Eliza! Check in on me...I'll be posting when I return Saturday evening. Glad you are healing well. Don't eat the wrong stuff too soon! Let the Band heal...you are doing great!!!!

Hang in there girl! I am sure it is hard. To go in one day and not be able to eat what you want. I will be there soon enough. It is hard to even think about it. How much have you lost? My friend has lost 20 pounds since March 8th. He is looking good. Do you feel your clothes getting lose? That is going to be fun! I can't wait to feel that.

Good Luck to you Kathy! I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted on how you are doing. I am so excited for you!

I had a bad day yesterday. I had my psychologist appointment at 3pm. I left the house in plenty of time. I got there 5 minutes past and they wouldnt see me because the Doctor needs a full hour with me. I was so upset because I had my date switched out so I could go early. That was a big let down yesterday. So I am back to the drawing board on calling and seeing if any cancellations have happened. Oh fun! I am sure this part before the surgery is very stressful. I will get through it though. :cool:

Let me know if there is anything I can do for anyone of you. I am so happy you two are having it done and will be able to help me through it. Thanks!

Angie

Hello girls,

I am down 15 lbs! wednesday will be three weeks post op! I am feeling much more normal and am ready for a fill. Kathy how goes it? Let us know. I've been thinking about you.

Take Care, Eliza

That is great news! 15 pounds is a big deal Girl! Keep up the great work. How do you feel? Are you getting used to the liquids and mushies? I think that first stage will be hard for me, but I will do fine I am sure.

I go to my Nutritionist tomorrow. I just had to fill out a questionaire and it was long. Asking all kinds of weird stuff. I guess they have to do that to make sure you are not crazy and doing this for the wrong reasons.

I hope Kathy is doing fine. I can't wait to hear how it went for her. Let us know when you can.

Hey girls! I made it back...did you see my posts? Eliza, you are so funny, I think you log on and just come stright to Summerville, SC and just read here, don't you?! WOW! 15 pounds! Well done!

Hey Bondgirl, I heard about a NC Lap Band support group...they are a Yahoo group, NC Bandsters and they are having a dinner at the end of April, the group is small but seems nice if you need something local. I'll not try to attend that one so soon but will stay in touch with them. JudyBellyBand posted something in the NC forum...you can look that up here on LBT.

So, I had my surgery Friday, today is Monday and I'm feeling fine! Sore, etc but recovering and on Clear Liquids...yah, today I get to add V-8, whoda thought I'd be looking forwrd to something like that? Really though, it's fine!

My son is calling and needing a bit more attention this AM than I am giving him so I guess I need to take a break from the puter...I'll post again! Yay! I got banded!!

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. Hey, V8 isnt so bad! lol

Thanks for the information, I will check it out. I can't wait to even get a date. It seems to take forever, but I know it has to go slow. I don't want to rush it and hurt myself.

Keep us updated! Congrats again on your new journey!

Angie

Kathy, I do just come here. I don't have a lot of time to navigate and post...

Since I am in graduate school I have three listservs i subscribe to and have a hard tiime keeping up. I am glad you are doing well. I can definately tell i need a fill soon. i am calling Dr. Ponce in the am to set it up. Take care, eliza

Eliza,

How can you tell you need a fill? What does it feel like? So many questions from someone that hasnt even had it done yet!

I went to the nutritionist today and it was very insightful. She had a lot of things to add and made me feel a lot better about doing this. I can't wait. I wont be able to have my surgery until June now but that is no big deal. I dont want to rush things. Plus my husband and I are going on our 10th year anniversary to Vegas on the 13th of June so I want to be able to enjoy it! lol

Please keep me updated on your progress. Let me know how much weight you guys have lost! I am so excited about this!

Thanks,

Angie