Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approval on BCBSTX-PPO??

Hello, my name is Vicky and I am going to True Results in Austin,TX.

Currently I am on my 5th month of supervised Weight loss program. I have already done the sleep study, EKG, Lab Test, Stress Trest, Physh and nutrition.

Has anybody had a good experience with BCBS-TX PPO getting approved? How long does it take?

I was told by True Results I have benefits from my Insurance but they will send the Whole package to the BCBS by the end of my 6 month weight loss program just to be on the safe side.

I am low BMI= 35.8, but with comorbidities, like Diabetes II, infertility, amenorreah, mild sep apnea, Thyroid desease under medication, severe back pain. I have gain 75 pounds in the last 6 years, I have done all diets on the world and if I loose 15 pounds I gain 20 back. I don't feel satisfied at any time, I am always hungry.

Can somebody tell me if I have a good chance to be approved? I am clue less....I just wish the say YES.

On the other hand I think the people at True Results know what they are doing, if they would think I don't have a chance, then they wouldn't made all these test on me, right? Just trying not to loose any hope.

Thanks

Vicky B.:wink2:

203 Currently

130 Goal

BMI= 35.8

Height= 5'2"

Edited by Vicky Barberena

:shades_smile:

hello there

i also just started the process with True Results in Dallas and I have BCBS - based in Mnnesota though. I have to go through the same supervised weight loss you mentioned. I am a male and heavier with a BMI of 46 and have sleep apnea. I also gained around 75 lbs in the last few years. A lot of similarities.

I do think that BCBS will approve us. I have read good reports of those who qualify. I am not 100% sure about True Results though. It seems (the visits I have had) that they just wanna rush you in and get you banded - not really assisting me with lifestyle changes. Wham Bam so to speak. I have actually went off on a couple of people there and if it happens again, I will go to upper management.

Maybe your expereince will be better.

Good luck and keep in touch!

Any follow up on how the Blue Cross process is going. I'm on a group BC of California plan and they tell me nothing. Dr. Spivak's office says 6 drs. visits discussing only weight (no other instruction to me) and one pysch visit and they will submit. Know anything about the psych visit?

I have BCBSTX TRS Activecare. I went through True Results and I had my approval letter in a week. I'm very pleased with how smoothly the whole six month experience went.

the pysch visit is nothing more then a few questions about your weight history, do you realize what it will take to make Lap Band work for you,do you have a support system family, friends &

or some type of group very important to say yes to support also some rational thinking questions like The early Bird get the Worm? means... i believe the point is to make sure there is not some type of eating disorder or anything going on in your present life that may stop you from successing. 6 doc visit is about the changes in your diet what your eating habits are now and the changes you will have to make I actually had to change my eating habits over 12 visits so 6 is easy, also to prove you our willing to commit to the process not looking for a quick fix well i hope this helps

well, i am in month 4 in may. i have lost 30 lbs on my own since my second visit with the "dr". it's just a weigh-in. They gave me no advice that I didnt know and I was told to slow down or i may not be approved. i laughed and said if this weigh-in thing can be an accountability tool for me, and the fact that i am very competitive, i may lose this weight on my own. if not, i will at least have gone thru the 6 months and ready for approval. i should be down another 10 lbs by my 4th weigh-in making 40 lbs total! i have cut out cokes and drink Water and tea with sweet and low only. i eat Breakfast and low car meals daily with whole almonds for Snacks. i throw in one light cheat meal (not over do it) once a week. i am not excersing yet but start with a personal trainer in a week or so. i think i can drop from 320 to 220 on my own by christmas. i am committed. it is a daily challenge but the lord helps me. good luck with your process. no psychological just yet. a patient in the "weighting" area (haha) told me it that was a joke. could be just the people at the richardson clinic. nice but want you in and out - you can so tell. some of them not all of them.

Jan - before visit 320 (lost some

Feb - first visit 318

Mar - second visit 315

April - third visit 298

May - 4th visit coming up but so far at 288 and going for 278 by 5/13

Take it one day at a time and have a vision of where you want to be!

June and July visits - i would lke to lose 10 lbs a month with my lifestyle and that would put me at 258 if I hit my May goal (i will!)

At that point I will have serious decision to make and may or amynot have the surgery. THIS IS WORKING FOR ME. May not for others. I think the surgery must be a tool not a quick fix. let me know if i can help you out!

Thanks to all who have responded to my newbie questions. I did talk to the pysch lady yesterday. She lives a couple of miles away. We could end up doing this over the phone! Or at Starbucks.

I do want to say it's not fair to use the name OldMe at age 36. Based on your weight loss so far maybe HYLYMOTIVATED / or WALKSONWATER would be more appropriate given the numbers you are putting up. Gee is it great to hear that someone can lose the way you are doing it. Makes me less happy with my excuses. I do see a personal trainer twice a week and get an hour there with 1 or more sharing her attention. It has helped a lot but I do nothing in between and I'm trying to get more active but so far I'm leaning on the "forced" workouts. To all of you, fight the good fight! Keep it up.

thank you gary. OLDme is actually referring to the guy I knew way before I gained all the weight. I am motivated and ready to conquer the world - and my weight problem. i encourage everyone to catch a VISION and do what you can on your own and then use lapband as tool if you need it. that's my plan. we'll see. good luck everyone!