Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED a good sports bra.

I'm only in week 1 of my comprehensive 45 week training.

Right now I'm at "walk to treadmill".

Whew, good workout!

Tomorrow: "Return to chair":biggrin::thumbup:

The best bra I've found for running is the

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Womens-Powerback-Underwire-Sports/dp/B000OWDOKM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1205966588&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Champion Women's Powerback Underwire Sports Bra #1694: Apparel[/ame]

but I have had shoulder surgery, and it takes an army to get that thing over my head! Once it's on, the girls don't wander off.

Did you hear about the woman who went on a diet? She went from a 42-DD to a 42-Long. Badum Bum...

I've worked out since 1983 and was up to a 42C. Lessnless is absolutely correct: Champion makes an excellent sportsbra! I also use Under Armour Sportsbras which do a good job of supporting the kids too!

The difference is that Champion's is mostly cotton and heavier, so it provides good support. Under Armour is a nylon/polyester and so is lighter (for summer) so you're not quite so tightly held.

With both, I always make sure I get the "Racer Back", so there's excellent support and no bother with "straps". And I find a lot of mine on Ebay (I only buy the brand new ones!)--sometimes you can get a really good deal, even WITH the shipping! :wink2:

Edited by make33

i am a size 48 f i but great sportsbras at walmart! 2 for 10$$$ they are the hanes sport..they are so soft and i wear them to work with hy dressy outfits too.

I forgot to add to try to make sure you get a sports bra with a wide band around the bottom (with hopefully good elastic in it).

A thin band at the bottom allows the bra to ride up and over--not good! Whereas the wide band tucks those puppies away for good! :wink2:

I swear by Enell Brand - When I started to run, I all but duck taped the "Girls" down. At 34DD, I've never owned a sports bra (or bra for that matter), that propped me up, and kept me "intact" like Enell - I wish they made bras...the VS ones just don't give me the support:)

Angie, sounds like you've found what you are looking for.

Anyone else who is looking for more sports bra options, Title 9 has a huge selection of tried and tested sports bras, with ratings for how much shape and how much motion they can handle.

Title Nine - Women's athletic apparel, sports bras, shoes and accessories

They rate their bras from 1-5 barbells. They have one 5 barbell bra, for up to DDD. It doesn't help those of you who are more endowed than that (I used to be before breast reduction years ago) but apparently it is the cast Iron sports bra for the DDD set, which as we know is hard to find. The prices aren't terrible--I think most are in the $40 range, up to $60. I haven't used them since my breast reduction (LOVE LOVE LOVE) but I like their other products a lot. And they go up to about 44DDD but they would probably be best for those midway through weight loss, down in size but pre-plastics and wanting to control some of the "flopping". LOL.

Anyway, thought that might help someone out there. I like Title 9's activewear products in general.

Goddess makes a sports bras up to G. I'm out of luck, I wear a J (yes, a J!) and from the research I've done there are no sports bras bigger than H. I wear a Goddess bra that is not specifically a sports bra, but is similar. There are few sports bras bigger than D or DD.

Its the Enell one Oprah swears by isnt it? They're only available online here, and to me, they just didnt appeal coz they're so huuuuuuuge. Neck to knee huge, lol.

I like a bra that's a regular style bra, I swear by the Berlei Sports bra. Berlei's an aussie brand though and no doubt you'd probably only find them online there, a bra is one thing that I will only buy online if I can try it on in real life. The Berlei ones are very good but I've never been bigger than an E cup. When I was bigger and to a large extent now (I'm a D now) I find a bra and then a sports top with a fairly supportive shelf bra inside it good for running. Or if you wear a larger Tshirt, wear a good sports bra and then one of the pull on type sports bras on top of it. Two underwired bras together (which I've been advised to do at times) only equals major chafing and injuries from the wire.

Its the Enell one Oprah swears by isnt it? They're only available online here, and to me, they just didnt appeal coz they're so huuuuuuuge. Neck to knee huge, lol.

Two underwired bras together (which I've been advised to do at times) only equals major chafing and injuries from the wire.

Yeah - they are the ones Oprah likes & they ARE huge!!! I think each one has 10 eye hooks in the front. DH laughs how I put those one - leaning forward, tucking the boobs to the sides so I can actually SEE the hooks to lock them in place. Then I look like I'm off to battle he says..LOL I hate underwire...and these secure me to my throat almost, but I like that better than black eyes:tongue:. They're very well built & comfortable now that I've gotten use to them. Googled Berlei, I like their regular Bra selection, will have to peruse further.

I ordered an Enell at a heartbreaking $60. I just got one. LOL

I'll let you know!

ENELL are the BEST!! :smile: I am the same size as you (well, 46F) and I swear by them. They may not be flattering, but I don't really care what I look like in it, as long as I can work out in it! And let me tell you, I can RUN with no problems! Virtually impossible with any other bra.

They are expensive, but SO worth the investment!!

The Enell bra's work well - but they are UGLY... and you can see the seaming under your t-shirt or tank top.. Just FYI :lol:

Also, check out eBay for the bras. I got mine brand new for about half price there.

I'm a 44DD (on my way to a 42DD), and I've had my Enell bra about 2 years now. When I'm jogging, jumping jacks, ellitptical ...nothing moves. I've tried the other brands suggested here, and they don't compare...once I reach my goal weight, I'll pay more attention to the pretty bras.

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I wanted to update, for anyone still looking for a good sports bra.

I was back home in Portland this weekend where they have a Title Nine store and found a great bra for my size (34D):

Title Nine - AC Underwire Bra

It provides actual shape (not a big uniboob lump on my chest) AND prevents almost all movement when I run. And the double mesh construction keeps me cool. I LOVE it. And it was about $40 which isn't too bad.

The sizes go to 40DD. And it's actually made by a company called Moving Comfort. (Title Nine offers the Enell too, but they rename all of their bras so that's their The Last Resort bra.)

Hope this helps someone out there.