Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not filled yet and eating everything i can.. 2 weeks post OP anyone with same issue??

Just had my first fill yesterday and boy what a difference it made - I am no longer in bandster hell - it's fantastic. I'm at 5cc's and totally feeling restriction (at least I think I am...hope it's not all mental)!

Congrats on your fill! It's nice to hear you feel some restriction. I have my fill in 2 weeks and can't wait. You know it's bad when the Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmer starts looking decent. ;-)

i am exactly two weeks post op and I get to eat fish and mashed potatoes starting tomorrow. I was worried too that if I didn't stay on liquids i would damage the band but I am soooo ready for some food. I can't drink another Protein shake. I am not loosing weight as fast as everybody else does so it seems or feels like. I am exercising everyday for an hour and only ten lbs since surgery.

How do you go about getting the ticker posted to the end of your messages I need help.

thanks for the info on the ticker. I get my fill in two weeks does it hurt? and do you have to go back on liquids

I just read through this thread and I'm in the same position. I am starving and wanting some real food and I need my fill to come quickly. I go on 4/22 for the first fill. I lost a lot of weight at first, but it has slowed down since I can tolerate just about anything I eat. I'm being careful and trying to stick to mushies, but some days I need a piece of chicken or something to get by. I have 3 weeks to go until my fill...I hope it goes fast!

Thank goodness I don't feel so alone now. I love these threads they are always help when I feel like something is wrong. I have been doing great staying with the things I am supposed to but have noticed over the past few days that I can get and want more than 1 cup of food. This is normal right? I will be 2 weeks post-op tomorrow 4/3/08 (banded 3/20/08) Last night I probably had almost 2 cups and was full. Have I stretched or messed things up?

I was banded on 3/10/08 and I have a much stricter diet than what I am reading here. I was on 2 weeks liquid pre-op, 2 weeks liquid post op, then 2 weeks pureed foods, 3 weeks soft foods, and then I can go on a regular diet. I was going crazy thinking that I was the only one that was able to eat more than other people I know that have had LapBand. I talked to my dad and he said that after your first fill you will see and feel the difference. The weight will come off faster and you will not be able to eat as much. He told me to enjoy my meats right now because I will have a hard time after my first fill. I have read about people eating wings and pizza after surgery and I just don't think that is very smart either. I can understand wanting to eat a few things not on the doctor's diet right now because we can and haven't been filled, but let's all just remember why we had this surgery to begin with...and not waste all that time and energy just to fall back into bad eating habits. The band is not the easy way out, it is still going to be difficult and it is still a lifestyle change. Once we all remember that, we will do and feel 100% better!!!

I'm deleting this quote because I deleted the original post due to it being extremely rude.

losingjusme

I think I will just respond by quoting one of your posts from 3/30. You said:

Look how mean you people are.

Fatness must produce irritability.

Geeze. Have a donut.

Please take your own advice, little miss perfect. And if YOU are so perfect then why did YOU need a band? :unsure:

Edited by losingjusme
removed quoted text

I think I will just respond by quoting one of your posts from 3/30. You said:

Look how mean you people are.

Fatness must produce irritability.

Geeze. Have a donut.

Please take your own advice, little miss perfect. And if YOU are so perfect then why did YOU need a band? :unsure:

shortgal you go girl i don't know who this person thinks she is

That person has been posting stuff like that in other threads too. Ignore her. This is about support, not that kind of criticism.

Hi all. I was banded 3/18 and am in the mushies stage. I am experiencing some serious gas pains and nothing seems to remedy them. Doc says it's from surgery and anesthesia, guess I have to believe him. Tried some bread today... bad idea!! I was in a situation where it was bread or cand to eat, I chose bread. I will not do that again. The gas has been so bad the last two days, I really haven't eaten anything (other than the bread :unsure:

Lise: Glad to hear your fill went well, I don't get mine until May!

Just someone who likes going around causing problems I believe.

There are many points to argue in the short but hateful post Love777pink left---but I think the one I will bring up is how the band works.

The goal is not to "diet" as we all see the word. The ideal goal of the band is to help control hunger, not simply cause restriction. We do not need to concentrate on simply eating a little less, we need to work to eat just enough, and quit. Just Enough. Just enough that you are no longer hungry--forget full for now. Most of us live in a manner that if we find ourselves starving again in 2 hours, we can reheat some Soup, or snack on a FF/SF pudding cup. But often times, stopping when you have had 'just enough' will hold you.

StephieNana--much of restriction following a first fill is dependent upon what size of band you have, and how aggressive your Dr. is with that fill. Following my first fill, I felt very little change--if I ate to fast I could feel minor pressure, but my amounts were not changed. I was still struggling to control how much I ate----working hard to behave!!! Then I went for my 2nd fill, and he was SOOOOO conservative I thought it would make no change at all---he gave me 1/2 a cc the second time! But OMG I had massive restriction!!! I have never required a 3rd fill. I am not tight as some people prefer, but my hunger is controlled, so I opt not to get any tighter. I can still eat any meat, and for that matter pretty much any food. I PB'd on a donut once, and opt to never EVER eat one again!!

But each person reacts totally differently to the fills.....I hope yours is smooth!!!

I too was on a much longer post op diet than many---I had 2 weeks of Clear Liquids, 2 weeks of full liquids, and 2 weeks of mushies, before moving on to a regular diet. But I managed, and survived!

Bandster Hell is hard---and I sympathize with those of you there---but soon it will be behind you and you will be dispensing the same words I so often repeat......It WILL get better!!!! You CAN do this!!

Kat