Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

might as well be addicted to crack

I ate pizza today!!! PIZZA- and then to make matters worse, I had a taco bell crunchwrap chicken supreme for dinner!

I am two months post op and had 1 fill so far. I feel zero restriction and can eat any amount of anything! I have been so good up until this point. Now I am all worried I stretched out my pouch! I have mild discomfort bordering on pain but havent PBd or vomitted. I am so disgusted and upset with myself for making such bad food choices and not being able to stop.

Tomorrow is a new day- I will go on liquids for a little bit just in case I stretched anything out. I hope I didnt do any long term damage.

Any words of reassurance or perhaps stories of where you have strayed and got back on track would be very much appreciated!

Nah, you didn't do any damage.

Everyone strays off plan from time to time! I have yet to meet a bandster who is measuring their time since banding in years (i.e. a veteran) who hasn't made poor food choices along the way.

What you need is another fill. So get thee to your doctor. :smile:

And if you are still feeling down, I highly recommend reading The Beck Diet Solution and trying out the suggestions within. It's not a diet; it's about coping strategies for those of us trying to eat right to lose & maintain our weight. My doctor pointed me to it and I'm working through it right now. It's really helping me stay on track.

Don't worry! Once you have more fills it will change everything. There has been more than one time when I have gone to eat pizza or Taco Bell and I take a few bites and I'm done. It will happen just give it time and a few fills!!:smile:

Umm, I just ate four Cookies and ended up puking in the bathroom. I'm not about to point any fingers . . . I'm the type that has to be hit in the head with a lead pipe before I learn, so discomfort and pain are my best teachers.

Seriously, you obviously don't have enough restriction yet and these things are going to happen. How long ago was your first fill? You might think about another in a week or two. Restriction from my first fill only lasted about 10 days, but the second one was much more effective for much longer. Of course, see the remark about the cookies above . . .

Just relax. I still ate all sorts of nasty bad for you stuff after my surgery. Weightloss doesn't 'really' occur until after you have good restriction, which for ME was after my 3rd fill.

restrict2008:

You're having a hard time because you don't have restriction yet. Wait until you do have restriction and you get pizza. You'll eat less than one piece and have to stop. I still have one piece every few weeks and it hasn't hurt me.

Sometimes if I know I want something that's not a "good" food choice I make sure that I walk to go and get it. It helps with the guilt and then the craving is gone and I've gotten some extra walking in for the day. It takes me about twenty minutes to walk to my favorite frozen yogurt store. So, if I get a sf or ff yogurt I also have a forty minute extra walk on top of the five miles I walk almost daily.

Good luck getting restriction. It's such an easier battle then.

Sue

I did the exact same thing. As I said in another post, DH and I are doing some home remodeling and when he suggested pizza (my pre-band fav) I caved in and said yes. I had TWO slices. I couldn't believe it. The next day I had a hot dog WITH the bun and it was a Martin's potato roll (heavy bun). It was yummy and I ate just like before the band. Then I was kicking myself, just like you.

The good news is, I have my second fill this Friday and I'm hoping for better restriction.

Keep your chin up, we'll get through this phase of band life.

thank you so much for your posts- I do feel better!! I have another fill scheduled in 2 weeks... hopefully will have some restriction then...

I need to stop reading this board for a little bit- I have terms like "pouch packing" "esophageal dilation" "pouch dilatation" and "slippage" all swirling around inside my head... I wonder how irritating neurotic newbies are to more seasoned bandsters- thank you again for your stories!!

It took me two fills to get to proper restriction, and then it loosened back up and took two more to get back on track again. It's a long slow process. When I have restriction, I won't eat pizza or fast food, b/c I know I'll regret it (and need better nutrition for the little amount I do eat). If I don't have restriction I go right back to my old ways. You will do great, just be patient and don't put too much pressure on yourself!

We are in the same boat. I was also banded in January, I have only had one fill and I have no restriction. The only thing that keeps on track is that I count my calories(making sure that I never exceed 1200) and I go to the gym. My portion size is also getting bigger but I know that will change after a couple of fills.

By the way nothing has made me PB, Slime or Throw Up either. Someimes I wonder if I really have the band.

I ate pizza today!!! PIZZA- and then to make matters worse, I had a taco bell crunchwrap chicken supreme for dinner!

I am two months post op and had 1 fill so far. I feel zero restriction and can eat any amount of anything! I have been so good up until this point. Now I am all worried I stretched out my pouch! I have mild discomfort bordering on pain but havent PBd or vomitted. I am so disgusted and upset with myself for making such bad food choices and not being able to stop.

Tomorrow is a new day- I will go on liquids for a little bit just in case I stretched anything out. I hope I didnt do any long term damage.

Any words of reassurance or perhaps stories of where you have strayed and got back on track would be very much appreciated!

QUESTION:

How MUCH pizza did you eat - and what would you have gotten at TACO BELL beofre the band?????

For me, I had pizza a few days ago - (post surgery but pre-first fill in that bandster hell time period) and I really beat myself up over it UNTIL I REALIZED - I only had a piece and a 1/2 - and they were the little skinny long rectangular slices - PRE-Surgery - I would have had at least 6-8 of those puppies - WITH chips and a soda --- SO - putting it all in perspective - I realize that that little bit of pizza wasn't going to kill me ---

It's really weird how are perspective changes and that is something we need to keep in mind - even during "bandster hell" I FELT like I was eating more than I should have - but in reality my calorie intake was WAY lower than it would have been pre-band -

For example - I would OFTEN have a fast food lunch and then a full meal for dinner - with seconds --- I haven't done that in almost two and a half months..... (and don't have any plans to resume that behavior :drool:)

started busting out laughing...ITS OK that you had some pizza....you are human....its not as if you ate a LARGE pizza by yourself...lol.....we still have cravings and still want the same things we wanted before we had a band...dear Lord they didnt operate on our brains...lol.....I am smiling from ear to ear....soon when you hit your sweet spot..that will all change and you will be wishing for a piece of pizza...smiling....stop beating yourself up and there is NO damage I am sure....you are fine.....Hang in there...