Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh Down Workshop

Has anyone done the Weigh Down Workshop program before? I'm interested in doing the bible studies, and would love to borrow or buy the books from someone. Thanks!!

Thanks for responding! It's a bible based weight loss program. I actually found it on ebay and should get it soon. I will let you know how it goes. I am excited about starting it, but not sure if I can do it on my own. If I like the program, maybe we can figure out how to do it together!

Sue

Hi All,

we, ladies, from our church, did this workshop a few years ago but learned that Gwen left her church and started her own. She went off into error about the trinity and other Christian doctrine, so please prayerfully consider this.

You can Google for more info on this.

cal

I remember seeing this on the computer last year. I called the 1-800 # and it was a recording asking for my # and they would call me back. Well, about a mino sec my phone was ringing and it was a representive asking me how would I like to pay for the tapes, etc. She was so pushy, I told her that I just wanted some info, but didn't want to commit before knowing more infor, after that she was not interested in talking to me, needless to say I haven't heard from them since....glad later I saw the commercial about the lady taming her lion. LOL

Thanks to you all for the info. I looked more closely and came to the same conclusion about Gwen and her methods and beliefs and chose not to try and follow the program. I will find a bible study that suits my needs, or I will just continue to read and pray for guidance. It has worked so far!! Blessings to you all.

Sue

suellen, we're doing First Place at our church. I'm on 4th week and really do like the bible devotions that go along with it. The same ladies did it several yrs back and wanted to do it again. The only downfall I have, is the diet. It doesn't work for me so we all decided to use what works for us (2 are doing the WW points, one the flex), me? well...LB is it!!!!! But still, going for the support and the daily devotions, that's what I make of ours!!!

I'm glad to hear you walked away from WDW. For a very similar, but more grace-based program, check out Thin Within. The Bible studies I did through them were very good, although it was several years ago and I don't know if their materials have changed. Unlike WDW, they do promote choosing healthy foods and doing moderate exercise, but otherwise it is the same concept of 'eat only when physically hungry and stop when just satisfied'.

My DD from several states away cannot get the lap band, due to insurance problems and she decided to "pretend" to have the band, along with me, lol

and rekindle her Weigh Down Workshop books. They are the greatest!

She is doing wonderfully....PTL

I too have done WDW years ago and discontinued the program for similiar reasons as noted above. I agree that healthier eating and excercise are important however do like her concept of of eating when hungry and stopping when comfortably full something my band helps me to do...

I have at church and I brought the home program it was a good program but it was hard for me at the time.

I participated in the Weigh Down Workshop many years ago. It did nothing for me at the time, I am not sure if I was open to it, or not, or if it just didn't work. I have seen a lot of the ladies that I went to the classes with and they are all just as heavy now or heavier. I did not know any of the information about her leaving her church and starting her own before today, but that does not surprise me.

I feel that the weight down workshop did not work for me because there were to many expectation which I feel leads to failure quilt and shame and judgement instead of grace from the father above.I realize that was were I was at the time of the program. I read a really great book lately called the shack by William P Young it has a great spin on God.