Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like a failure...

Well $7 isn't cheap, but no oven turned on, no time spent preparing etc.

And if you use light mayo and sparingly, you could make chicken salad for lunch the following day.

Think about it, how many of us ever complained about the price of ice cream or chips or Cookies or a drink at the bar or dessert at the restaurant? And how much is a starbucks coffee?

Good healthy food is worth it. If you want someone else to do the work cooking it, we gotta pay the piper!

I cooked when my kids were little becasue it was my job to keep them alive, but that's the only reason I did it. Later, my husband had a different job and starting cooking and he is MUCH better at it and actually enjoys it. Crazy, huh?

Oh and I love gardening! Different strokes for different folks!

Haha, you're right starbucks mocha is basically the same price as an entire chicken and I do pay the piper. I was just quite flabergasted (sp) to read such a huge difference in price in a different area. I know my girl friend who moved to California from here said the groceries are WAY cheaper in the US and to buy the exact same stuff and brands as you would by here would cost you about half as much there.. Grr, oh well lol.

Hmmm, I don't like cooking, gardening or cleaning for that matter LOL Martha Stewart I am not :mad2:

That's the spirit girl :rolleyes:

And you know you can PM me if you ever want to vent! I'll set you straight :mad2:

SmartOnes also has some delicious foods & TREATS. They're good portioned and something about them is a 'smart' choice, I don't remember why.. maybe smart cause they taste good :bored:

The odd pains come and go throughout this journey too. Sometimes I get port aches, or what I can only figure is the tubing touching some nerves on my insides. Tylenol! Gas-X! Walk it off, etc.

Hehe, thanks girlie you have always been fanstastic and I'm sure you will lay me straight again some time :thumbdown:

I did see something interesting at the grocery store the other day that I'm gonna pick up once I've moved and am doing grocery shopping .... it was a combo cottage cheese fruit cup thingy... looked interesting.

Hey everyone,

I just read this thread , and it is exactly where i am also. I have been having funny pain on my left also, at the port area the last few days. Some twingy pains and dull ache when i walk. I am a little over 2 months after surgery and have lost 22 pounds but i am not happy with that. I know i need to get my butt to the gym, and i just keep fighting it. I just can't do it. Pleases give me a push!!! Thanks April

I had to ask my husband how much the precooked chicken costs here ( he cooks, so he shops) and he said between 5 and 6 dollars, depending on how big the chicken is. I have no idea how much anything at the supermarket costs. If I do shop, I just buy what we need. We're on East Coast.

I don't mind cleaning, but I do have cleaning ladies (cleaning angels we call them), like gardening, love decorating, mmmmm cooking, not so much and definitely not more than occasionally.

I was banded 11/02/07. I have only lost 25 pounds. I do not like to cook either, but I have found that frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast can be put in Ziplock Steam bags work great. From frozen to done in 8 minutes. You can also do frozen veggies like that. Makes a good meal in minutes without "cooking".

I love using these pre fixed meats. they have pork roast. marinated chicken. Pulled beef. Tons of different meats all cooked and marinated.

I dont consider myself a good cook. but I am getting better.

Thanks for giving me some ideas, I'll have to check out those ziploc steam bags and prefixed meats.

I had my first fill yesterday - went VERY well, super easy experience. I'm in the "recovery from fill diet" mode at the moment so when I start to eat actual food it will be interesting to see how that is. :tongue:

Guys, I don't know what to tell you - I know I am thick in the middle of this Bandster Hell period and that it is definitely affecting my emotions but I cannot help but feel like I'm a failure or that I am going to be a failure with this band.

I do not want to be overweight anymore and I know that it will take some hard work and determination to get there and this band is supposed to be my crutch to help me along the way... but this is what scares me and worries me that I may not do it:

1) I hate cooking, not just dislike it, hate it. How am I supposed to make decent and healthy meals when I hate cooking at all.

2) While I followed my post-op diet to a T now that I am out of the post op diet phase with no restriction what so ever I find myself eating my old ways (not as much before but still not the greatest food choices) again and struggling with that. What if I can't break this bad choices habit?

3) Exercise is ... well I'm sure I don't need to explain that one. I am forcing myself back to Curves next week (this week I am spending every spare moment packing my house - moving on Saturday).

And I have some kind of strange soreness in my belly on the left side today which is driving me crazy. Wow I am such a whiner. :tongue:

I am so scared that I will fail.

Get a george foreman grill. You can put chicken, fish etc. on there even veggies and no cooking is neccessary!

Ohh I saw those cottage cheese packs with Strawberries, peaches, etc.

That's a good idea!