Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Nov. 26th and I have had nothing but problems. From infections to a broken rib etc.... I went to Tallgrass Bariatric Surgery in Topeka Ks and I was wondering if anyone else on here had been there and had problems??? This has been the worst thing I have ever been thru in my life!! I have been in the hospital 2xs. My band has been completely swollen shut and has not healed since my surgery. I haven't had any real food for 3 months. I have lost over 50 lbs. which is great but its not the way I imagend it. I have been starving at some points I can't even drink Water and thats when I have been put into the hospital for dehydration. I have been gaining a little weight because of the steroids they have me on. I have had to get my regular physician involved because my dr. will not listen to me. He saw for himself in a barium swallow that nothing was going down but he isn't that concerned. But my regular dr. sure is. Its very heartbreaking and has taken its toll on me physically. And my family for always having to run me to the dr. which is 2 hrs away from where I live. I am not happy with everthing that has gone on and I was just wondering if anyone else on here has gone to the place in Topeka Ks??

I hope to here from someone I need some encouragement badly!! I'm one of those people that is probably going to reject the band. I paid for this out of my pocket, my insurance wouldn't pay anything. Its like they got their money and now they are done. I have never been treated so badly by a dr. ever. So give me a shout out if anyone else has gone thru this in some way or another.

Thanx!:shades_smile:

So sorry to hear about your experience. You might try checking the thread out called Doctors & Hospitals and be sure others considering this Topeka facility know of your experience and maybe someone will contact you. Best wishes.

I echo mnn2501. A barium test shows the band is closed. I would call a lawyer and check out the Dr's name on the forum. do an advance search at the very right top of the forum page. ( not the google search one, the search above it).

I really think you need to find a new surgeon, hon. Or a lawyer to scare the one you have into treating you properly.

I am so sorry to hear all that trouble, me too, I went to San Antonio Texas and they drove us 3 hours down to Mexico, I got Staph a month later, then my tubing poped almost through my skin and then no one here in Oregon will see me , no matter where else I went and then I have a revision in October and now the bottom incision has poped open and drains fluids and still no surgeon will see me, I don't know what I am going to do now. The Dr. who did it has moved and would barely answer me this time. So see? there are maNY others out here with you . I sure am sorry for you too.

Thank you to those of you who responded to my thread. My regular dr. has mentioned me getting an attorney but not until I have been treated. Cause no matter what, I have to go back cause no one else will even touch me. So I have to wait this out patiently even though I am losing my cool. Its not that I want to have a lawsuit but enough is enough. I just want this fixed!!! I was sooo excited before all of this and now its an everyday struggle just to get thru it.

Again, I appreciate your comments and I thank you for sharing your time with me.

Crazy 8

I am so sorry to hear all that trouble, me too, I went to San Antonio Texas and they drove us 3 hours down to Mexico, I got Staph a month later, then my tubing poped almost through my skin and then no one here in Oregon will see me , no matter where else I went and then I have a revision in October and now the bottom incision has poped open and drains fluids and still no surgeon will see me, I don't know what I am going to do now. The Dr. who did it has moved and would barely answer me this time. So see? there are maNY others out here with you . I sure am sorry for you too.

This is so terrible! Can you go to an emergency room in Oregon just to get the thing removed??

crazy8, sorry to hear of your problems...i went to tallgrass seminar a year and a half ago because i didnt want to only look at who was local to kc, but i didnt have surgery there after all. i hope you get better.

Thank you to those of you who responded to my thread. My regular dr. has mentioned me getting an attorney but not until I have been treated. Cause no matter what, I have to go back cause no one else will even touch me. So I have to wait this out patiently even though I am losing my cool. Its not that I want to have a lawsuit but enough is enough. I just want this fixed!!! I was sooo excited before all of this and now its an everyday struggle just to get thru it.

Again, I appreciate your comments and I thank you for sharing your time with me.

Crazy 8

Don't understand that thinking. Who would want the same surgeon that screwed you up, to try to fix the problem? Then you might have two problems! I would seek legal advice right away, even while you are still seeing the original surgeon.

Ask a lawyer these questions. I'm sure the original surgeon has to treat you even if you are bringing suit against him.

I am so sorry to hear about your surgery and the aftermath. Does the doctor who performed the surgery take responsibilty for the broken rib?