Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe it!!!!!! March 25th is the date

Howdy!

Here we go! I am not overly worried or excited. I thought I would be both! Right now I am just ready to get on with it. I'm sure that this morning will move quickly. I'll be back here chatting away soon. I am thrilled that I have a little over a week off work. My job is not physically demanding, but it is nice that I can just take it easy for a while.

Well.....good luck everyone today!

Good Luck April. My date is Thursday!!!! I can't believe it is here already. I start on Clear Liquids today and just moments away from doing my first "bowel cleansing" Yikes. Sounds like a fun day ahead of me today...on the toilet!!! haha. Well good luck.

:)

Howdy!

Here we go! I am not overly worried or excited. I thought I would be both! Right now I am just ready to get on with it. I'm sure that this morning will move quickly. I'll be back here chatting away soon. I am thrilled that I have a little over a week off work. My job is not physically demanding, but it is nice that I can just take it easy for a while.

Well.....good luck everyone today!

Good luck hopeinapril,

i am scheduled for the 26th. I cannot believe how fast everything went, I have to be there at 8:30am. I know the clear liquid diet SUCKS!! but it is going to be worth it

I promise everyone, the worst parts are b/4 surgery which includes the waiting. After, everything seems to calm down and you concentrate on getting in Water and Protein. I have a grease board on my fridge I use to jot down thing for the grocery. I also use this to keep a daily count of my protein intake. When I have a cup of Unjury chick broth, I note 20 grams, then 15 for a slim fast.

Well, the day came and it is something that I will not forget, pain wise, I'm okay except the usual places where everyone said was going to be sore, but my biggest hurt is severe heart burn, and indigestion, trying to burp but can't seem to get one up, when I left the hospital they told me to start taking Maalox, yuck, and then I remember "Gas-X", the kind that are on strips, and it has only helped a little bit, so I'm hoping that this is the only discomfort that I will have, been doing some walking not much, but will soon.

To the other 3/25(ers) how are you all doing???:ohmy:

I've had some discomfort, mainly gas and walking does help. My pain was never over a 5. I've used the Gas-X strips and are helping some. I had very little pain on the 25th, but yesterday the gas was a much bigger factor. I feel much better this morning.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi everyone!

Good luck to the newest bandsters.

As for the 3/25ers...how are you all doing? I think we are in one of the bad parts. I am dealing with the gas. Gas-x is a blessing. The heating pad helps. Walking seems to help. I feel a lot of pressure. Last night was a little tough. I changed pain meds and that seems to have helped immensely. I'm still sore at my iv points. Hopefully, this will pass quickly.

I did manage to get in some Protein today. I know that helps with healing.

Okay, Tuesday was the day and now I'm at Thursday and doing rather well, my worse pain was the indigestion/heartburn, but now that is gone, knock on wood, been actually doing a little bit of work here in my office at the house. Emails, gosh you can talk all day long on a email, sleeping is just not happening very easy for me, I think the first day was because I napped quite a bit during the day, so no sleep in the evening, so yesterday, only one little nap, and still was up most of the night, sure don't know where this energy is coming from, but I do need sleep, trying today not to nap at all to see if I can get to sleep tonight, hope, you all are doing great, and remember walk, walk walk. Oh yeah, my doc said today I could start mushy food, which I could only eat a few bits of it, just not hungry, and I'm not restricted yet. WOW, maybe that is a good sign...

It's been 48 hours since surgery and I feel rather good right now. I had alot of pain w/ gas until last night when the seal finally broke at 1:30 am. I thought was never going to happen. The first night in the hospital I didn't sleep at all. So I made good use of the time walking around the post surgical floor and sitting in the comfortable waiting room watching TV. Tommorow I will start driving again and get back into a semi routine until I go back to work on the 7th. I hope everyone else is feeling much better and are happy with the decision they made.icon14.gif

Hey Silverado 1969, thumbs up to you going to work so soon, I took off a week, just to be on the safe side, I'm so bruised around those incisions they are not pretty to even look at, they just look so fresh. Spooky kind of look. I also drive a Silverado truck and it doesn't have running boards on it and trying to get this big butt up there in the seat has always been a chore, now with the incisions it is gonna hurt!! So maybe it was better for me to take the week off. Have you started mushies yet, today I got to start them, and looking forward to solids, which might be faster than suppose to. I haven't had my first fill yet, was told would happen after 3 weeks, but I have seriously noticed a big dip in what I have gotten to eat today, it is like not even a 1/2 cup of anything and I'm satisfied. That is really cool!!!:tongue_smilie: