Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really want to cheat on this preop!!

Okay,

I have been on this stupid medifast since the 19th.

I have been really good.

I have only cheated by eating plain lettuce, a couple of saltines once, and I added alittle tofu and low carb veggies to my broth the other day.

Other than that I have been kicken butt.

I have lost 14 lbs since my first weigh in on Feb 6.

I know its bad but I really want to eat.

mabey a salad with dressing and cheese

or 1 piece of pizza

My surgery is on Tues.

Do you think I will go to hell if I eat one small meal tonight.

Please dont give me the crap about this is a test to see if I can handle the band. I know I can do it. With the band I will be able to eat.

I have lost 14 lbs dont I deserve one piece of pizza?

pizza is a bad choice. A small piece of grilled chicken or a salad would be better if you feel you must cheat. The bad choice of pizza will only make you want more bad food. If you resist the carbs, it will be easier to stick with the rest of the pre-op diet. Remember the preop is to hlep shrink your liver before surgery. High fat foods are not good for that.

After being banded and you lose some weight, will you reward yourself with bad food because you deserve it?

Sorry, not trying to be mean. I know it's hard to stay on any diet especially the pre-op ones and easy for me to say because I only had two days of Clear liquids after a two week low calorie low fat diet.

Work with your Dr. so you get the best results possible for you to have great success.

Regarding your comment "with the band I can eat"... post op you will be on a liquid diet for however long your doctor says, and you MUST NOT cheat on that diet. That diet is so that your band can heal properly in place so that you avoid slippage in the future. You wont even be able to have the lettuce and the vegetables you've already been having.

I don't mean to lecture, but it's only been 10 days, and I know at least my post op liquid diet was 3 weeks (between clears and fulls). Then mushies.

If the hunger is getting to you, add steamed low-starch veges or homemade vege broth as an evening meal. The standard Optifast diet allows for 2 cups per day, so this isn't really cheating and shouldn't affect your weight loss. It will also stop you from getting so desperately hungry that you are trying to justify having the pizza. You don't need us to answer that question about "just one piece" - you already KNOW the answer :confused:

Part of the problem you are having is the Medifast itself...ugh. Use this time to find some good Protein you really like and can 'doctor up' with sugar free syrups and berries. There are some that are as good as Starbucks when made warm and as good as DairyQueen when make into a shake. EAS and whey Gourmet and nectar are some of the brands I like. Some Starbucks will sell you Syrup or you can find Davinci syrups at Walmart or TJ Maxx, among other places. There are some great recipes on DaVinci Gourmet – Flavored Syrups, sauces And Tea Concentrates and wome on Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op Recipes, and Help.

Shortgal:

Yes I do plan on rewarding myself with the food I like.

I do not plan on never eating the foods I like ever again.

I do not think there is anything wrong with allowing myself a piece of pizza after depriving myself of the things I like for weeks at a time.

If I can eat healthy and continue to loose weight I see nothing wrong with an occasional small splurge.

I am a strict vegetarian and eat mostly organic so I really do not consider the things I enjoy on a regular basis "bad food".

Marimaru:

I do understand the rules of my post op.

I am on clear for 24 hrs after surgery then I can eat most things as long as they are

pureed for the next two weeks, then I move to soft foods for the next two weeks.

So yes to me that is being able to eat

Fanny:

yea I already knew that the pizza was a bad choice. I was having a moment of weakness.

I was just hoping for a little support.

Gayle:

yea this medifast sucks

My dietician only allows us 5 packets of medifast a day, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, and broth.< /p>

I do not eat jello and do not use toxic sugar substitutes so I have been having a really hard time.

Thanks for all you replies.

In the end I did not have pizza

Like I said I was having a moment

In the end I think its really crazy that our doctors expext us to be "perfect" on these pre op diets dont they know that if we were that good at sticking to diets we would not be fat and need this surgery :laugh: