Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else for March 11th?

I wondered if you might have had some complications. Sorry for all the added problems. Sounds like you are coming out of the woods. I hope it gets easier for you from here on out. Welcome back and please, take it easy. Sounds like you're going to need some extra rest and TLC. Glad your family is supporting you. Write back when you are up to it. :thumbup:

P.S. -- Lost 14 more pounds since 2 days before surgery! :blushing:

Holy Moly! :ohmy: That's just amazing! Good for you!!! Hmm, wish I has asked about the skim milk... I started using it in my shakes right away, and yes, sometimes it takes me over an hour to drink to one. Oh well, either way, we're on the road to healing. Congratulations on getting onto the fast track! :thumbup:

Day 6 and 20 pounds lighter! I am starting to feel normal and can sleep on either side now. My hunger still has not returned at all. I am not sure if the liquids are just filling me up but I am still having problems getting all this Protein in and can't wait until I can eat some protein like tuna or scrambled eggs (which is allowed on day 11).

Sorry I havent gotten back on since surgery, but truth is I havent felt like it! I'm doing great, but I have had severe shoulder and neck pain that has just eased up today. I have walked, took gas-x and tried everything imaginable to get rid of the gas, but it has lingered on. The small amount of soreness is a breeze for me, but this gas pain, I cant handle! I went back to work today and did great. Then I came home and cooked a huge supper for my family. So now Im pretty worn out!

I too am having a really hard time with the Protein. I was doing the unjury chocolate and strawberry and both made me very nausous, so Im struggling! Im probable getting at least 20-40 g in a day, but Im still shooting for 60. The bloating and fullness has been so bad, I feel like I just cant take it another sip. But, as I said, I can tell its a little better today.

Im glad for those of you who were sent home with pain meds. My dr. told me to take childrens liquid tylenol, which is hard to stomach the amount needed to knock out the pain, so I've done without!

I did sort of throw up after a Protein shake. Nothing actually came up but I heaved and air just gushed out. I hope it didnt do any damage. Has this happened to anyone else. I mean it felt just like I would vomit, but only air came out. Now I'm worried.

Anyway, other than all the previous complaints, Im doing well. I hope all of you are well too!!!

Tamra

Welcome back, PreK... It's been a week now for me, too, and I'm still really struggling with that bloated feeling. I can't get in as much Protein or Water as I should either. No matter what I drink, I immediately feel bloated. Wish it was gas that would come out (top or bottom, lol), but it just leaves me feeling really uncomfortable. I admit I cheated yesterday and had some laughing cow light cheese in the morning and evening to help get protein that wasn't liquid. It felt great! I have my post-op visit today and will mention it. I'm supposed to be on liquids one more week, but I just don't think I can do it with all that bloating! :shades_smile:

I'm not doing so good with the Protein either! At least I know it's not just me. I had not been trying to specifically try to get more Protein since I've been banded because I've been having a hard time just trying not to be naseous all the time. Just been sipping LifeWater and regular Water since last Wednesday. Yesterday morning I tried a SlimFast Optima and after the first couple of sips I felt like puking so I quit with that. Then at lunch I went a bought some Isopure and it tasted like grape flavored vomit. Ugh! I don't know what to do!

Yesterday on driving home from work my body was trying so hard to throw up and I was trying so hard not to let it! As soon as I pulled in the driveway I ran in the house to take one of my anti-nausea pills that I got the day of surgery. Left my kids in the car and everything. I figured it would do more damage for me to throw up than to leave the kids in the car for a few minutes by themselves!

I'm going to try a different flavor of the SlimFast today and I just had 6 oz. of chicken broth which I added a couple of drops of soy sauce and that made it a little less bland. Probably not so good sodium wise but so far I don't feel like throwing up yet!

If any of you have any ideas for protein that aren't too horrible taste wise please share! I think my problem with the SlimFast is the milk base so I'm kinda leery of it but I'm still going to give it another try!

I gave up on the protien ... I purchased a $52 case of Isopure ready to drink that I tested and liked at the store only to gag me while trying to sip it at home.

So I tested myself with some tuna and light mayo ... no problems and good protein! So now I am basically on my day 11 diet 4 days too soon.

I still have no hunger. I am getting 64oz of Water a day and the pounds are melting off ... 20 pounds or so down since surgury.

HI everyone! I am new here. I was banded on 3/11/08 in DSM, IA. I had my first apt to take out my staples yesterday. Now my incisions itch more than ever! Oh well. If that's the worst of it, I'm ecstatic! I have to try to get more Protein in starting today. How come no one is hungry? Maybe I am not getting all my Fluid in. Ok, today I start paying close attention to my fluids and protein. Did you all have your band tightened when it was put in? My doctor doesn't tighten it for 5 weeks and I have heard that is different than some but he says he has never had a band slip since he does it that way. I am jealous of your non appetites and big weight losses but I will be patient. I keep reminding myself this is a long term process not overnight. About the appetite. Most of the time I "feel hungry" and I think about it, I'm really not. It's more like something I can't have just sounds really good. I'm not actually hungry though. So I guess it is a big part mental like someone else said on the site. Well, I'm up way late so I will check back with you guys at the end of the day and let you know how my protein and liquids go once I pay closer attention. I'm so glad you're all here. It's nice to have someone who understands what is going on.

Welcome, 2BMe! You're right, it's good to have all of us to bounce all our strange and wonderful new experiences on.

My doc thinks I may have some mild lactose intolerance issues that I've never noticed because all my Protein is milk-based shakes, and I've never consumed much milk before. (Cheese, on the other hand, is no problem! :thumbup:)

So he wants me to try liquid Protein without the milk-base. Mom007, this may be your issue too??

I tried Profect Protein (peach flavor) that someone gave me. It comes in a big test tube, but it's a small quantity of liquid for 25g protein! It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Now I've ordered other flavors to sample. Maybe this'll help with the whole bloat thing. Plus whenever I get a fill, my doc requires 2 days of liquids again, so I'll need something for those times too.

Bossstar, I got read the riot act for eating too early. My doc stitches part of the stomach over the band to the pouch area to help it stay in place. (Saw the very graphic photos from surgery!) Eating too soon may cause the pouch area to swell and rip (ouch! :tt2:) the stitches through the tissue of the lower stomach. That visual and explanation was enough for me to promise that I will try not to cheat at all anymore for the next 7 days. Then I get to move to mushies. However, there's no denying you're losing weight at an amazing rate! :tt2:

I hope everyone here is feeling better today. I got great sleep last night! :biggrin:

Bossstar, I got read the riot act for eating too early. My doc stitches part of the stomach over the band to the pouch area to help it stay in place. (Saw the very graphic photos from surgery!) Eating too soon may cause the pouch area to swell and rip (ouch! :thumbup:) the stitches through the tissue of the lower stomach. That visual and explanation was enough for me to promise that I will try not to cheat at all anymore for the next 7 days. Then I get to move to mushies. However, there's no denying you're losing weight at an amazing rate! :thumbup:

I think all doctors stitch the band to the stomach but that is healed in 7 days (according to my doctor) ... I tested the tuna carefully and that is all that I have tried since it gives me the Protein that I need. My calorie count is amazing low (around 300 calories a day) and I can't wait until I am allowed to get back on regular foods ... hopefully at my check up on the 27th.

Anyone else not able to get all the glue off?

Well, it's been nice to read up on everyone! I'm back to work as of yesterday. I haven't had a problem getting the Proteins in. I'm lucky I guess, as I didn't have any gas pains or nausea either.

My lapband incisions are doing fine. I don't get really hungry either.

I started on my pureed foods on Sunday (2 days early).

So far I've had cottage cheese, lamb roast (which I have to grind up), the inside of a Taco Bell Beef & Bean burrito....minus the lettuce & tomatoe....(my doctor said that refried Beans are good to eat as they're loaded with Protein and are very mushy). My doctor gave me a bunch of recipes, one which for cheese grits (then you add an egg to about 1/2 c. serving, whiles it's hot, & whisk it in). A 1/2 c. serving has 15g Protein & is a nice filler around 10 in the morning. The lamb is also LOADED with protein (1 oz., before grinding, has 9g protein).

True hunger has not returned either, but I have gotten hungry. It's amazing that like a 1/2 c. of anything just fills you up so quickly! I weighed myself yesterday, which was day 14 post-op & I've lost a total of 27 pounds since I started my pre-op diet.

I hope everyone is recovering well!!!!!

Great job on your weight loss! :)

I started on mushies yesterday (a day early), and had my kids leftovers -- blenderized 2 oz salmon (had to add a lot of liquid and it still was pretty tough...), Green Giant Teriyaki veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, blenderized too -- YUM!), and for dinner, f/f refried Beans with salsa and guacamole (the last 2 had to be blended to remove chunks -- my doc is pretty strict about that).

I plan to have some Green Giant creamed spinach today (doesn't need to be blended - YAY!), and this stuff that now looks like yucky baby food, but it's really blenderized veal-filled ravioli with a spicy arrabiatta sauce. They told me get over looking at the food and just taste it, so I'm trying. :thumbup:

I think this phase is harder than liquids. Anyone else?

Chica......

I'm elated that I can eat anything, after being on 4 weeks of almost nothing! I also made some homemade guacamole, which I luv, and put salsa into it too!! My Beans are f/f too......forgot about that! I haven't tried veggies yet, just drinking V8 and V8 fruit fusion (it's fruits & veggies)....NOT V8 Splash, which is not very nutritious. Maybe I'll have to do the spinach thing. My kids luv spinach with cider vinegar & salt. It's actually very tastey! I did have some oatmeal yesterday, but I thought the grits had more flavor. My doctor is also very strict about the "no chunks" too! I figure that this won't last forever, which keeps me going. Plus, like I said, I'm just so happy to be having something other than Jello & pudding & popsicles & Protein shakes & soup!!! :)

I was looking & I saw that we're close in age & with about the same amount of weight to lose. I knew we had exchanged where we lived before, but I forgot, so I looked back at our previous posts. You're in Reston, right? I live in Fredericksburg. Maybe we could hook up somewhere in between sometime. I think I remember asking you if you golfed & you said "miniature", right? Send me an email: ewgagolfingal@yahoo.com so then maybe we can coordinate meeting sometime!!!! :)