Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Unfilled... a little scared

I started aspirating Saturday night, and I'm getting completely unfilled today until I can find a surgeon who can look into it (the fill doctor I am going to doesn't have flouro). My self diagnosis is that it's slipped.

I'm nervous about losing restriction. Between June and December, I totally let myself go and crept up about 20 lbs. All of that is gone now, and I don't want it to come back. My intention is to keep counting calories even when the band is empty, to keep losing weight despite that, but I don't know how strong I'll be able to be. I know that often for a slip someone will be unfilled for a month or 6 weeks to see if it'll slip back into place, so I'm resigned to at least that much time without it. If I need surgery to fix it, it'll be from now until I get surgery, and then 6 weeks after that, before I start getting fills again, and who knows how long it'll take to get good restriction? And that assumes I'm not told that I have to have it removed, and then wait for six months before I can have another one or something.

Mostly I'm just venting off nervous energy...

Sarah, vent away.

Fingers crossed for you that it will turn out just fine.

I cannot imagine how freaked I'd be, too. I haven't been filled yet and lately have been noticing more restriction and signals after about 1/2 cup of food that I'm full. It wasn't like that before but I'm ignoring it for now...until I start with the reflux and aspirating that is.

Goodonya for getting an unfill until you can figure out what's really going on.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I do know how you feel because I went through it last year and had to have repair surgery. It sucks, but it is a good thing about the band that even if it slips, it can be fixed. Best of luck and vent to us anytime!

Marimaru......sounds like you are doing the right thing, the safe thing for your body.

I had a complete unfill last summer before I had PS.....and I still felt like I had restriction for about 3-4 weeks - that was a relief!! I could see myself gaining 20 pounds while my 'fat apron' removal was healing. But it didn't happen.

I think the key may be in avoiding the white carbs.....they cause your blood sugar to bounce and make you think you're hungry when you really are not. You won't feel deprived and you'll be able to control your eating and staying on track. Be sure and track your food intake on something like fitday and keep your Protein count high to keep your metabolism going at full speed.

I, too, have a slipped band and am going thru the 4 wks of liquids til we can figure out what to do. We can do this!! It's too important to not be successful in getting thru this bump in the road.

Hugs,

Gayle

I'm all empty. Dr. Kelly said it's possible that it's just stress, but I'm not so sure. She gave me an order that I can take to an imaging center to get a barium swallow with flouro, and then I can take the films back to her to review. If I don't find a surgeon in my area soon, I'll go that route.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches