Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bumbed out

:smile2: It has been a long time since I have visited this site....I was basically bummed out about my lap-band. I was banded in 6/06, I had an aggressive dr who filled my band to tight. 4cc band, first fill 2 cc, second fill I went up to 3cc within months of getting my band. Lost lots of weight, 75 lbs in less then 6 months. Unfortuantly by band slipped. Unfilled, try filling again always slipped. My doctor told me since I only had 25 lbs to lose try on my own.:eek: that is like asking the cat to watch the canary. I honestly did try, went through the whole thing with 6, 7 different diets, which always failed in past and failed again. I actually gained weight from these diets. :biggrin: At the time my doctor did not want to fix my band, even thought is was moving up and down my stomache. It has been a year and 20lbs heavier, (which if I didnt have a band I probally would of gained more). I am fed up...angry....would like to meet my doctor in a dark alley somewhere...just kidding, ok only partially. I want my band fixed, it is the only control I have over eating. I dont just eat... I really enjoy food. :tt1: The taste, the texture... I know.. Im crazy. My senses, tasting, hearing, smelling and seeing are excellent (my children could get away with nothen...gotcha) :lol:

I am seeing my doctor again on monday, I have acid reflux again...band is completely unfilled for about a year. If I have to get my doctor in a headlock I will. I want my band fixed.

Has anybody gone through this with there doctor? She acts like to doesnt want to be bothered with me, I am not her star patient anymore...Even my regular doctor doesnt understand why doesnt want to fix this problem..

bummed out...........

Well I would be bummed too. I think I would keep pestering until he fixed it....Or maybe say"if you DON"T KNOW HOW could you recommend someone who does?"

Quite honestly, if possible I would see if I could find another surgeon because IF you were able to get your doctor to fix it, then you have to go through trying to get correct fills again and it sounds like maybe your doc was being too aggressive? which may have caused your slip to begin with. I'm no expert, just my opinion. Good luck to you! :biggrin:

"If you don't want to fix my problem because you don't want to have to admit my slip in your statistics as a surgeon, don't worry, because if I have to get this fixed elsewhere, the entire band community will know how 'helpful' you are".

Honestly I don't know what else to tell you. If my BAND surgeon told me to try and lose weight by dieting because there was something wrong with my band, I would probably just stare blankly at them for a few minutes, and then ask them why the hell they became a band surgeon if that was the advice they were going to give people. And then I'd find a different doctor, and then I'd be sure to post here and anywhere else I could think of to make sure people were aware that if you have complications, she's just going to tell you to go on a diet.

This is just not good enough... I would demand some action. If she doesn't I would contact the medical complaints dept in your area. Not sure what they're called in the USA. Good luck.

What about a phone call or letter to the hospital medical director or the lap band manufacturer to help get results???