Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you had your second fill?

wHEN DID YOU HAVE YOUR LAST FILL?

I had my 2nd about 2 weeks ago and Just yesterday was the first time I felt any restriction. Weird I know but it is actualy quite comon to have delayed restriction.

After my first I felt no restriction. I also thought they didnt put enough in. but when I talked to my dr he said. You have to be able to swallow. Thay is why he took that little bit back out. but he also told me with the first few fills the swelling is there and when they fill the band it seems tight because of the fat that is there. after a little while the fat moves or is gone and it seems looser.

Hope that helps.

Well.. I went to lunch for some Soup and only eat about 1/3 (small bowl) of it. Also it took me awhile to eat it cause usually im done with my soup before my friend is done with this Large soup but this time I finish 1/3 when he finish his large ;p

So I hope this is a good restriction cause next fill is in 3 months... June =O

So I'm seeing that my doctor is VERY conservative with fills. I've had two fills and I currently have 3 cc in a 10 cc band. I'm losing veeeeerrrrrryyyyyy slowly, which really is fine with me, however, I'm feeling like I'm doing it all on my own. The bulk of my weight loss was still before and the first month after surgery. I think I've only lost about 10-12 lbs since 1 mo post surgery. Sounds like I should get another fill, huh? I'm able to eat a lot, and don't seem to have any problems with anything.

SIGH. I'm sure if I go back, he'll put another 1 cc in, which will make 4. I wonder if that will really help?

Well the more you go the more he puts in. the closer you are to the sweet spot.

I really hope I get that restriction soon. I am tired of doing it on my own

I saw my dr. about 2 weeks ago and had my second fill. Boy, that one made a BIG difference. I have days that I can't gag down any food or I'll throw it right back up. Forget about feeling tight...I simply can't get it down. However, I have days when I can eat just about anything, without feeling restriction at all. I'm finally figuring out which foods probably won't ever work again--oh, my sicilian pizza and just about any kind of bread--even toasted--doesn't go down or stay down. Pasta is tough, too. I wasn't going to schedule my next appointment for the 3rd fill like I was told because I have had such a challenging two weeks (you think I'd lose weight with all of this puking, eh?!) but today put down some serious amounts of arancini (Italian rice balls) and am thinking maybe I'll go ahead and schedule after all....My dr. just keeps telling me to schedule for every 4 weeks. I really haven't lost any weight since my last fill 2 weeks ago. Well, we'll see what happens...off to the gym. Can use any help I can get! :wink2:

ITs been couple weeks since my second fill and i'm still puking... it mostly anything with bread. I used to eat Wraps for dinner but guess that out of the plan now cause I have puked it up atleast 4times in row and now its on my nono list like most other hard products. I can still eat alot but it mostly like Soup and salad stuff cause they seem to go down easier... owell guess it will help in long run :shades_smile:

I weighed-in at 245 at second fill and hoping that I hit 235 this week or before end of March.... didnt hit my 20pound goal lol but i knew it mostly likely wouldnt happen but atleast I tired

Oh, ok. So I got hungry tonight after puking up a piece of pizza--and I'm baffled as to HOW you were able to eat an entire pizza. I thought that maybe with a thin, crispy crust I'd be ok, but not so....and a few hour later, starved, I ran to McD's for a 4 piece McNugget. I got two down before they came right back up in the middle of the parking lot....I have barely eaten (and kept down) anything today. I had a small salad at lunch with no issue and about 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes. Nothing else all day...til I tried my small piece of pizza. How is it you've lost so much weight, Ant??!! I'm dying here and can't keep food down and am not losing anything....

More imporantly, is this puking going to cause band slippage or something horrendous like I've read about in these forums? It's not that I haven't tried everything to avoid throwing up, but a few times it's just come back without any warning!!

Anyone have any idea as to how much longer this puking goes on (it's been off and on since my 2nd fill almost 3 weeks ago---some days are easy, others simply horrendous) and at what point I give up and head back to my dr.? I have had 4 or 5 days of decent eating with no issue, so I wasn't thinking that it was a problem any more.....:shades_smile:

WOW, I'm amazed at the differences in our doctors, bodies and bands.

I had my first fill 3 weeks ago and go back in on the 28th for my second. I have 1.1ccs in a 4 cc band and still feel rather restricted, but am too getting hungry more often.

I have had 3 fills I think he only put in .5 in firt 2 fills then I told him to be aggresive and he put in 1.5 I didn't have any difference until this past wk I was at a stand still for about 3wks, I started working out with weights and walking more on my treadmill I have went from a 16 being just about right to being very loose and I tried on a pair of 14 and I could get them on buttoned and everything whoo whoo. I am having some PB'ing though lately I had a 1.5 hr. horror story thursday at work, I was about to call the dr. it hurt so bad when I finially got it up. I couldn't eat anything that night either.Not able to eat much since but that is ok, weight is finiallly coming off again so hopefully I am at my sweet spot for a while anyway.

I had my second fill a couple of weeks ago and now I am at 6.6 cc in my 10cc band. I have noticed that I have to be careful to chew well and eat slow. Otherwise I will have pain, it feels like food is getting stuck. If I chew well and slow them I am alright. Sometimes I forget that I have the band, especially in the morning when I am in a hurry getting the kids ready for school, I tend to eat fast and then I suffer. I haven't had any nausea or anything like that, no pb's, just pain. I have to keep reminding myself to go slow and chew. I have my next dr. appointment and fill scheduled for April 7th. I hope everyone is doing well.:crying:

OK ALL!

If you PB you need to go on liquids for a little while.

Your throat and area arround the band gets swolen from "throwing up"

And you will keep throwing up because things cant get down when it is swolen.

First go on liquids then when you get to solids make sure you eat slow and chew well.

I have not had restriction...but somehow PB'd on a chicken nugget. weird

From what I have notice is morning to afternoon I can only eat soft stuff like salad and at night my restriction is little looser but I still cant eat stuff like Wraps or bread that I used to eat at first fill.

Average day I eat about 1k-1.2k but burn like 2.8k-3.3k... but some reason I seem to eat little more on weekends (dinner time).. I guess as reward or something wrong with my head lol

So average day...

Morning breakfest - Protein drink or a yummy 60cal coco/van Jello ;p

Spend 1 - 1 1/2hour gym (7:30-9am)

then off to work (9am)

lunch - Seafood soup... salad

back to work (till 6pm)

dinner - salad w/ nonfat dressing or lean cuisene meal

M/W/F - second job (6pm-10pm)

snack - Jello again

sleep (12am)

repeat ;p

Days without second job I'm usually eatting like 2 jello or something low cal... some days I do cheat and eat little more but it usually dont add alota cal but I have hit upward of 1.7k cal but that usually mean I have to do a good workout 2morrow.

I'm no expert or anything and I have tried many different ways to get my body kick started in loosing weight but I think you do gotta try different things before your body get used to it and go into a pattern and plateau

anyways good luck

any questions just ask...