Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

unsuccessful lapband results

Hello everyone, I am a 44 year old woman who had lapband surgery in 2002. Initially, I went in weighing 290 pounds - I lost 80 pounds... Starting in 2004-to today, I gained most of my weight back. Also have had 3 lapband fills. I am so disgusted with myself. I now weigh 265 pounds. I'm so embarassed to see my doctor again. Is anyone experiencing what i have experiencing now?

Honey congrats on the amt. of weight that u did loose.. U have to realize that most people get more than 3-fills in a year after time goes on the fill evaporates over that much time... Make an appointment and go get another fill... U can do this u already have the tool inside u just have to reactivate it... :incazzato:

Thanks Beachgirl, I'm gonna do exactly that, I just have to fax over op reports to new fill doctor, hopefully I can see him as soon as next week. I see you were banded in Mexico too. Who was your surgeon? Do you think that us Mexico bandsters receive less on going support and therefore suffer more negative results. I have a girlfriend who was banded 1 year ago in the states and she goes to support groups and anniversary dinners and such, and she's doing great. I'm thinking of joining her group but it's participants have all been banded by the same doctors in a shared practice at NYU hospital. What do you thinik?

Ms Trina am I reading your ticker right you lost 51 lbs since May 15th, 2008? Thats something to talk about!!!!

i wish that is since I started the process.... in October of 07... Now the real test is starting now... I will have a Dr's apt. on thursday so when i weigh in that scale better go down or i will be fighting myself...lol...

Hello and thank you for teaching me about the evaporation in the band. I had drifted off this site. Good news... I have an appointment to tightnen up my band on June 17, 2008.

We will keep in touch. Thanks again.

zagagirl

Hey Ms. Trina and Zagagirl

Zaga what was the talk about evaporation? I missed that one. If this is the case, I have yet another source to blame for my being baaadd! LOL. But really I would like to learn more.

Mrs. T

51 lbs. in 8 months is still something to talk about.

Congrats!!!

I faxed my pre-op report and other stuff the new doctor needed today so I have to wait for the review and then the appointment. Hopefully I can get one sometime next week. I am stating to get really motivated again.

I have an elliptical trainer in my basement that I drove my husband crazy about buying and have been on the thing only maybe three times. He's pissed I know it but he doesn't say it, hes so supportive. But if I can get my start then I will be more motivated to take my behind down stairs and work out. OH btw my hubby and son also have a home gym for total body toning, so it would be good if I used that too.

Looking forward to new change of old habits.

Thanks gals

lol... Thanks.. it is truly hard and i have a 3-year old son that wants this and that.. and wants mommy to taste everything... but I am in control and I just have to say no... and I am doing rather well at that now... Plz keep me updated on how your apt and everything goes... I would also ask the dr. to see how much u have in your band before u get a fill also... and that will let u know if some of the Fluid evaporated....

Thanks Ms T

Yeah I will do that. Called today to confirm receipt of the reports and they have them said they're on the doctors desk waiting for her to review them and then they will set up an appointment probably early July!! thats horrible I may go back to old doc further away and charge more but I can be filled sooner. Gonna call now to see. Let you know what happened later

Hi zaga,

I just registered here today, not sure how long ago you posted comment. Well, you have a friend in me sounds just about like my situation. I was banded in Nov. 2004 and it was the best decision I ever made. I lost the weight WAS a success story and now almost 4 years later I'm inching or rather running back up, I'm about 203 now. I came here to find support from others like me and looking for the initial support I received from these type of online chats. I have been eating terribly drinking soda wine basically anything; I have restriction sometime I know I can use a fill so thats my first step and them I'm gonna start new. Looking for a support partner. Could this be you? Oh btw I'm changing doctors too. Yeah somewhat from embarrassment but also I moved and its a little far.

Hey there! I had my band on March 18th 2008/ I lost fast the first month, like 15 pounds....then had my first fill at 6 weeks. 4 ccs in a 10 cc band. Then on June 28th I had 2 more ccs put in and I still do not feel tight enough. Yes, I eat less than before, but I wanted to puke I guess everytime I ate for awhile...lol. I just dont want to be able to eat and I am afraid that I can only have 4 more ccs and I am maxed out, and I see people on here with 3.5 or 0.5 after ten fills and they are tight and losing like crazy, I know there are different types and sizes, but I am already frustrated too, but signed on here to get some encouragment...My husband just had it two weeks ago today and he had the new realize band, and he is of course losing like crazy being a guy....but I want it to work for me too, hang in there. We will make it, everyone keeps telling me it's only a tool and you have to find your sweet spot and get tight enough....I am 5'5 weighed 252 day of surgery and now weigh about 238....hang in there!

Hey Ms. Trina and Zagagirl

Zaga what was the talk about evaporation? I missed that one. If this is the case, I have yet another source to blame for my being baaadd! LOL. But really I would like to learn more.

Evaporation isn't possible since the saline is enclosed in a medical grade silicon tube. But leakage certainly is possible.

i dont understand, but im dissappointed with the lapband.. i have not lost much and i had surgery aug 2007.. my doctor just tells me to go on liquid diet, if i did that before i would of lost without have to install this bullet into my stomach...

im very upset, i had lapband done 8/07 and i hardly have lost. my doc says to go into the liquid diet, but if i would of done that before i wouldnt have neede this bullet feeling in my stomach..

Hello everyone....

I just never knew there were different types of bands... I am going to do some research on it. Also, I don't know very much about the evaporation in the band... but will also do research on that and post it the link to the information I find. On that note, I weighed at weight watchers from last week I gained 2 pounds. I know why... because I know I'm going to have the bad tightnen on Tuesday June 17 and I want to eat what I like -- I know this is wrong... but I just have to take one day at a time..... Lets do it together!

ZagaGirl *hugs*:teeth_smile:

My theory is if u put saline in a plastic bottle and just leave it sitting on a shelf for 1 to 2 years thru heat, cold, and everything else.. not leakage.. some of the Fluid will evaporate... I have found this out thru people that's been banded for years.... so nothing is impossiable but when u get your next fill just ask your Dr. to see how much of a fill u have and that will solve that.. lol

Check this link out also.. which will support what I said... :-)

http://www.core.monash.org/patient-care.pdf

Edited by mstrina27

MsTrina...

Thank you for clearing up Telecia post regarding the evaportation. I really appreciate you posting and advising us on the evaporation....

We will have continue our conversations... When you have a moment, let me know how you are doing... *hugs* .... Have a great day... I will be back online tonight.

ZagaGirl :biggrin: