Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone going to be banded on the 17th of March

Hi, I am new here and was looking at all the really good info this forum has. It has been a long hard struggle to get here, but here I am. Finally approved 2-18-08 and surgery will be March 17th, St. Patrick's Day. Surely it will bring me good luck, right?

Butterflylady

I was approved on Feb. 15th and my band date is also on March 17th. I'm Irish so it's a doubly lucky day!:tt2: My surgery will be at Mt. Carmel in Columbus, OH with Dr.Choban. Where will yours be done? Lets keep in touch on this thread so we can compare notes.

I willl be banded on March 17 was approved February 15. Go for my pre op on March 4th and get to start the 2 week diet then. I have 125 pounds to lose. I live in Bedford pennsylvania. I'm scared and excited and not looking forward to the 2 week diet.

I willl be banded on March 17 was approved February 15. Go for my pre op on March 4th and get to start the 2 week diet then. I have 125 pounds to lose. I live in Bedford pennsylvania. I'm scared and excited and not looking forward to the 2 week diet.

I to am scared, but very excited. I live in Fort Worth, Texas. Was approved on the 18th of Feb. Pre-op on with Dr. Adam Smith on March 3rd. Pre-op for the hospital on the 10th. Got a letter from the doctor on 2/20/08 and I am to start a "diet" of high Protein, low carbs. Which means grilled fish, chicken etc... and lots of veggies. Have been trying the protein powders, just need to learn to mix things better. Going to be a busy month for all of us.

Knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing helps. I plan to keep up with all of you.

I am going to be banded on March 17 also. I am in Oklahoma and will be having surgery at Norman Regional Hospital with Dr. Ronnie Keith.

Good luck to everyone else who is having surgery on the 17th.

Congrats Lisa!

I am planning on wearing green to the hospital that day. Going to tell family and friends that are coming to do the same.

Keep in touch.

Donna

Butterflylady

I think its interesting to see our ages of who are going to be March 2008 Bandsters -- so far I'm seeing our youngest at 18 years old, then ranging to 34, 44, 47,52 and 62. I can tell you that if this technology had been an option when I was in my 20s, 30s and even 40s I would have had to seriously consider it because in each of those decades I would work really really hard to lose a major amount of weight (like 100 lbs) and then eventually it would slowly creep back on. Unfortunately during those previous attempts for me, it was often a 'guy' I was trying to lose for instead of losing just for me to be healthy. That is the big, big difference now in my mindset so if I had to take the journey I did to get here, I'm still looking forward to the next 40 or 50 years in a thinner healthier body!

Best wishes to all my fellow Shrinking Shamrocks.. just love that nickname. I'm actually going out to an Irish restaurant in downtown Columbus area in the next week to keep the spirit up before I hit the 2 weeks of liquids. So far my surgeon's office hasn't called to say I have to do it, but almost everyone else I hear has to, so I'm mentally getting prepared.

hi butterflylady and all march 08 bandsters

surely it will be good luck.

i am going to be 1 year out in march and plan to be at my goal.

this is the best thing i've ever done for myself and i am sure you will feel the same way.

it isnt easy but it is soooo worth it.

it has changed my life.

good luck, erin go braugh and godspeed (an irish good luck)

Hello everybody!

My surgery date got moved up! It was the 25th, but now it's the 17th. This will be fun to see how everyone does.

All I can say is, "Yippeee!":thumbup:

I'm March 17th, also.

My insurance hasn't been approved yet, but I feel confident.

I have to be confident to start the 1,000 calorie diet!

I am also scheduled for March 17th and presently on liquids till then or 1000 cal a day. I have 150 pounds to take off and looking forward to each pound. God bless and it's going to be a good day for all!

March 17 is also my surgery date - tomorrow I have my last visit with the surgeon and also pre-admission stuff at the anesthesia clinic. It will be interesting to have the surgery done at the hospital where I'm employed. Hoping my co-workers don't feel the need to see what I look like right after surgery. :-) Seriously, all have been very supportive - I'm so blessed. Looking forward to being a part of this special group of St. Patty bandsters.

Rachel