Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spaghetti Squash Pesto Casserole

I made this again over the weekend for dinner one night this week, and I added some leftover Jennie-o turkey for some Protein. It was a whole turkey breast that I had cooked, I just diced the leftovers into small cubes and added it to the squash mixture. I tasted a bite after I cooked it and it was really good and I love the fact that it added extra protein.

I wanted so bad to make this, I just ran out and bought a spaghetti squash, sure I had parmesan... well I don't. I do however have lots of feta, so I'm gonna try that! I think it'll be good!

ooooh, feta sounds good too! Let me know how it turns out. Last time I made it, I mixed some cheese in with the spaghetti squash and pesto, and some additional on top! It was very good. There are lots of additional things that could be done with this recipes. Sauteed onions and garlic would be good, or any other veggies you like could be thrown in. Have fun with it!

It was good with the feta... but little did I know that feta, or at least what I had, doesn't really melt all that good or at all. I'll crumble it WAY better and spread it around more next time so its at least evenly distributed. I feel like it again tonight, so I went and bought some parmesan today and I'm going to make it your way. Actually... you know what, I'm gonna half and half it so I can try them both!

It was good with the feta... but little did I know that feta, or at least what I had, doesn't really melt all that good or at all. I'll crumble it WAY better and spread it around more next time so its at least evenly distributed. I feel like it again tonight, so I went and bought some parmesan today and I'm going to make it your way. Actually... you know what, I'm gonna half and half it so I can try them both!

Great, I'm glad you liked it! I thought about trying it with a garlic and herb crumbly cheese, I think it would add lots of flavor!

I tried this tonight with feta cheese and it was delicious!!!!!!! My 11 year old son even ate it. I am a huge fan of Pesto so I had to try it....I will be making this all the time! Thanks again :)

I tried this tonight with feta cheese and it was delicious!!!!!!! My 11 year old son even ate it. I am a huge fan of Pesto so I had to try it....I will be making this all the time! Thanks again :)

Your welcome! I'm so glad you liked it! I love Pesto and believe it or not, I just had it for the first time a few months ago, now I can't eat enough of it. I do have to be careful with how much I use because it is a little high in calories, but I love the flavor it adds.

Im definately gonna try this!

Great, let me know how you like it!

I just wanna say thank you georgiagirl for reintroducing me to the wonders of the spaghetti squash! I am hooked on this, with both feta and parmesan! I know I'm going to eat myself into being sick of it, but I'm loving it in the meantime!!

Gonna go grab my squash outta the oven, lunchtime!

I just wanna say thank you georgiagirl for reintroducing me to the wonders of the spaghetti squash! I am hooked on this, with both feta and parmesan! I know I'm going to eat myself into being sick of it, but I'm loving it in the meantime!!

Gonna go grab my squash outta the oven, lunchtime!

I know what you mean! I am lovin the spaghetti squash! You should try my other spaghetti squash recipe, the Baked Spaghetti Fake Out! It is sooo good and it taste like real spaghetti. I don't miss the noodles at all when I make this. If you make it, make sure you cook the spaghetti squash long enough so it is soft, like noodles. Glad you like the recipe!!