Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your Fill Level in a 10 cc AP Band?

My first fill was 3cc and my second was also 3cc in a 10cc AP band. My doctor did say that was protocol for the AP band. My 3rd fill will be in 2 weeks and that will also be 3cc (hopefully). I have barely and restrictions.

By the way don't let an intern try and fill you...my second fill the doctor asked if I would mind if the intern tried and I said sure because that is how they learn. She missed and kept tring for a minute!!! Then the doctor took over and got it:) I am fearfully for the same thing happening at my 3rd fill:O

I'm on my 5th fill and am at 3.6 in a 10CC band. My doc said that the recommended fill limit for my band is 4.0. I was banded in June 2007 and first fill in August. I'm never hungry and I do PB a lot IF I don't eat slow and take too big of a bite. I have lost 60 pds - but the last 20 pds has taken me 3+ months. I am exercising a lot. But I do have a tendence to overeat....not because I'm hungry - but because it is a habit. Thanks god for the band....I'm slowly starting to recognize that I don't need to eat so much.

Julieh - a good way to get Protein in the Trader Joes' Protein shakes. They come in a can and are 35 grams of Protein and 4 carbs. They taste good too.

Take care - love to all

CJ:thumbup:

I just had my first fill, they put 5cc in my 10cc band and none was added at surgery. Its been a couple of days, I get full quicker, but restriction for the most part is about the same, at least for now.

My surgery was 1/28, 253, 239 at two week checkup on 2-13, first fill 2-20 of 4cc in a 10cc band, nothing, absolutely nothing.....went in this week 3/4 second fill added only 1cc for a total of 5cc...good restriction. No weight loss from 2-13 to present, very very discouraging, but now with the 2nd fill, I am optimistic I will see it soon

Hi,

I was hoping all of you could shout out & tell me what your fill level is in your 10 cc AP Band?

I have 2.75 and I think my Doc is on the conservative side with fills. I am not feeling any restriction. I know it takes a while, but when I discussed it with my doc he mentioned that he never goes more than 4 cc's and only adds approximately .5 cc each time...

Just looking for some info. Thanks!

I have a 10 cc band with 5 ccfill

1st fill was 2/0408 3 cc

2nd was 2/29/08 2 cc

banded 12.28.08

227/203

I am assuming that a 10cc band will hold 10cc? I am as of this week at 5cc with restriction, I am not hungry and when I do eat, can't hardly hold anything. I think this is good????

If you feel full quickly on small portions of solid food and stay satisfied for several hours between those small meals, then yes, that is good and that is restriction!

Generally, as you lose more weight and fat around the stomach inside, then the band will loosen and you'll another small fill to get back to that same restriction.

Your level of hunger in between meals, is usually a good indication if you're ready for another fill.

Quilter girl, you probably won't get 3cc's for your next fill because you are getting to the point where most people with the 10cc band start feeling restriction and you need to take care because .5 ccs at this point can put you over the edge. I have had five fills for a total of 7.5 cc's and if they had me at 9cc's (which is where you'd be if they gave you 3) I would be miserable. I think I am at the perfect level of restriction and would not want to be any tighter. Please be careful and maybe start going up 1 cc at a time now. Wouldn't want you to have to get an unfill!

I had to go for another unfill today. My doctor that does my fills is not the doctor that did my surgery. I had my surgery done in Mexico. What I'm getting at is before my unfill I was at 1.5 ccs. I was unable to drink Water with out it hurting. So now I'm at 1.0 ccs. My fill doctor is just amazed. He said that the other doctor in Mexico must have put my band on a little lower on my stomach; thats the only thing he can think of as to why this is happening.

You guys, I feel so depressed and a little screwed over. I have a whopping 2.5 with my second fill in a 10cc band. What the crap man? I have heard of being cautious but this is rediculous. To top it off, I can only go back once a month, so now I get to wait another month in hopes of getting some restriction. Try absolutely zero weight loss for a month now!

Songinmysoul1- I know how you feel, and I know how frustrating it is. Your doctor is even more conservative than mine and I thought she took the cake!!! I'm allowed to get fills ever 10 days if needed. My fills were 1.5ccs, 1.5ccs, 1.5ccs, then 2ccs then 1cc. But, honestly, in the long run it is going to be okay. Trust me! You are getting used to restriction very slowly and it is going to be a lot easier for you to deal with than people who have to adjust much faster. I know you just want to get the weight off, I was there too! I lost 12 pounds in the week after surgery, and then that was it! I didn't lose any more until my 4th fill! I was sooo discouraged! Now, after 5 fills I finally have great restriction and am down 25 pounds! I love my band, but if you had asked me 1 month after surgery I would have told you it was a huge mistake to get it! Hang in there and be patient - I promise you are going to lose weight!!!

Hey everyone, I owe you all an update...:huh2:

I have been definitely feeling restricted even with the 2.75 cc's in my 10 cc band. I am down approx 8 lbs this month...

I have a fill appt scheduled next Wednesday 3-19-08 which I will keep; but, I think I am going to tell them I feel restricted most of the time, but still get hunger pains sometimes.. My guess is I will get a very small adjustment.

My doc is definitely conservative from what I can see at this point. But, since I do have restriction I don't have to make an issue of it yet...

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread, your info sharing is invaulable.

My first fill was 2 cc with no restriction. Second fill was 1 cc for a total of 3 cc, no restriction. Third fill he asked me if I wanted a larger fill. Of course, I said yes. He gave me another 2 cc for a total of 5 cc, and within an hour and a half I was back in his office crying and heaving since I couldn't even swallow my own saliva. He took 1 cc out, leaving me with 4 cc. Since then I've had one more fill of .5 cc and will have another .5 cc tomorrow since my restriction level has been decreasing over the last two weeks. After tomorrow, my total fill volume will be 5 cc with, hopefully, decent restriction again.

I have a 10CC Inamed band and my doc is also conservative like Motocross Girl....he has done approximately 800 LB's and many times more that of GB's and never lost anybody. He, too, says that it is the recommended 4 CCs max in a 10CC band. I was banded on 6/18/078 - got first fill of .1 after 6 weeks and am now at 3.6. I am getting close to the max. Perhaps it is the brand of lap band. I don't kow but mine is working great and I am losing weight and look great - so no complaints! CJ

Question for you guys who have surgeons that only put in 4cc in a 10cc band...Why didn't your doc give you that size band (4CC)? I gotta give you guys major cudos that it's working for you - I however would be a MESS!!

I got 5ccs in at surgery - and am currently at 7.9cc in my 10cc band **just squeeking into restriction** - close...very close.

Thankfully I have a "aggressive" surgeon when it comes to fills, for me - I've needed that ... so odd how what works for one, doesn't another.