Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need encouragement

Oh and I forgot to tell you all! My son spent his Saturday morning in his room (not watching cartoons) and made me a "smoking bracelet". He said it was like a worry stone only made my him. It has beads on a stretchy elastic and he says that when I feel like I should have something in my hands, then play with that. It REALLY helps in the car. What a sweeeet boy!

Guest punky247

You can do it! My surgeon told me that most infections happen after surgery from smokers, and that was all I needed to hear before quiting. It was hard to do but I quite before my surgery date wich was on Sept.21st.2004. And I never looked back. Remember it's a new life. Believe it or not and this sounds so weird but, after surgery I think I was so worried about doing everything the right way, I just didn't have the cravings, practicing my new band life took over my smoking cravings. So you can do it it's all about a new life now. Go girl.

Start weight 239

current weight 234

Dr. Horgan, Chicago, IL

Ohhhhh That was VERY sweet of him to do that for you... See how much your family cares too...

Try going to the lower dose patch Princess... I had to go to step 2 as step one gave me chestpain and made me feel like poo... and the Patches did make the process a lot less stressful. Wishing you the best and be proud of yourself because what a tough and hugely important battle you are fighting! You can do it!

Aww, what a thoughtful son, which also tells me that should be all the strength you need, it must really be important to him to see his mom smoke free. Good luck!

PS, I'll bet he's a snuggler too.

Day TWO: This morning I was okay. I put on the patch again and it was okay this time. I think I was just stressed and emotional yesterday (when am I not). I was doing fine until my husband and I noticed a very large mass that has appeared on our dog's chest wall. He is breathing kind of heavy (not labored but differently). We will take him to the vet this week. Then our lawnmower decided to die. I decided to clean the garage. I found an old pack of cigarettes. I caved and lit one in secret. It was GROSS! I took 4 drags and put it out. My taste in my mouth was gross. I don't know if it was a really old pack or what but I put it out and went to brush my teeth and change clothes. I didn't tell anyone (but all of you of course).

Little set back, but I am back on track I think.

Today I am going to try and keep busy working on the computer. I am taking things very day by day I think.

I NEEEEED to do this! I CANNNNNN do this darn it! You see, getting the band surgery is part of quitting smoking. Back when I decided to do this and self pay (which I really don't have the money for) my mom said she would give me $5,000 for the surgery. The rest I am financing. That is a HUGE chunk that she will not pay for if I don't do this!!! And she WILL keep her word about giving me or not giving me the money if I fail/succeed.

More updates to follow... (hopefully with better news).

We're all pulling real hard for you princess....just keep in mind when you stop smoking so do the others in your home.

Everyone knows its hard but You can do it.

I found an old pack of cigarettes. I caved and lit one in secret. It was GROSS! I took 4 drags and put it out. My taste in my mouth was gross. I don't know if it was a really old pack or what but I put it out and went to brush my teeth and change clothes.

QUOTE]

You're doing great, girl! How about hanging onto that nasty tasting pack? Maybe that taste will be good aversion therapy.

Baby steps...one at at time. You can do this.

I have never smoked before but My roommate woke up one day and wassick and tired of being sick with sinus infections so she quit cold turkey. Congrats on setting a date do keep your hands busy my friend still drives with a pen in her hand. Remember your doing this to improve your health. You can do this .

Jenna: Set backs happen. You didn't like the taste that is good. Remind yourself of that awful taste each time you crave one. You will have set backs being banded and eating the wrong things. It happens.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!

I HAVE FAITH!!!!!!!!!

Jenna I hope this brings a chuckle to your day. I thought of you when I saw this.

post-204009-13813131686314_thumb.jpg

HAHAHA Thats cute Penni... Jenna will like that one!

Where do you get all your funny things... sign me up for your funny mailing list LOL

Evening update on day 2: Today was a good afternoon. I didn't really crave much. (especially since that yucky tasting one). I think hope is right, and DH agrees, I am holding onto that pack and if I get an UNcontrollable urge I will light it and drag (and probably gag again). And it will also alleviate a headache pang. But I haven't needed to all day!

The evening I am hoping goes well too. I find myself hoping for sleep time so I can sleep through some cravings. (nothing interupts a princess and her sleep!)

The "smokers bracelet" has been SO wonderful for in the car. I twist it, turn it, and sometimes suck on the beads. It has really helped.

My family aren't really talking much about this because I think they don't want to make me think of it, so we aren't saying anything about it. But I know my son wants me to quit, he hates it. I am a very "respectful" smoker, always have been, so they were never affected by second hand smoke.

Tomorrow is going to be my first day back to work. I am used to going 8 hours without a cigarette since I can't smoke at work, but the drive to/from work is going to be tough because that is when I usually "stock" up.

No cigarrettes since Friday night at 10pm!!! *except that gross 4 drag one*

People tell me I have to get through 3 weeks and I will be fine. Is this true? Does it ever get easier?

The lower dose patch seems to be working.

Thank Penni, I needed that!