Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any suggestions on the liquid diet post op.

Which part? Clear? Full?

The clear phase is pretty basic

Water

Propel (not Gatorade!)

chicken or beef broth

sugar free Jello

sugar free popsicles

Crystal Light

coffee (black)/ Tea (if your doctor allows you can have caffeine)

That's about it.

Consult your doctor on the full liquid stage as this can vary between doctors. For example, mine discourages creamy Soups as they just go through the stoma.

I hear you on being healthy and doing this to yourself! But you will be feeling great in no time and on the way to knowing that you are becoming a slimmer you! I had to get out of a wheelchair and get on the table, but it was no problem, so it must have been a lower table or something. My docs gave me kudos as I pulled the gown out before I laid down and they said" Hey someone who knows what to do!" My nurse said, "Of course she does, she is a MOM!" So pull your gown out from under you and see if you impress your surgical staff! 8-)

hey there,

i can tell you that you will likely get Versed in your Iv it's a lovely drug that makes you relaxed and feel as safe as in a nest. with assistance you gently slide from the stretcher (gurney) to the operating table, then more happy meds are given and you don't know or care about anything till you wake up

Piece of Cake LOL

Amanda

I'm goin for the pain meds!

I've read here that the arm/shoulder pain is gas (yes, gas), and walking a lot helps releive it (release it!)

Well, if screaming on the inside while they're wheeling me into the OR room counts as freaking out, then count me in. LOL I so bad wanted to just say, "Nevermind! I change my mind! I don't want it that bad!" I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself the next day if I did that, though. So I bit the bullet and went through with it. Best choice I ever made.

My anesthesioligist gave me some happy juice on the way to the operating room so I don't even remember moving to the table in the OR. The last thing I remember was kissing my husband goodbye and the next thing I knew the nurse in the recovery room was asking if I needed pain medication. She gave me some morphine and the next thing I remember I was in my room and my husband and daughter were there. I slept a lot that day between walks down the hall and trips to the bathroom. No real point in wasting a lot of worry on it. Just relax and enjoy the ride. The worst part was the uncomfortable gurney in the pre-op area.

Im in the same boat about being freaked out about the unknowns. I have had a minor surg before and have been under anestesia, so that doesnt worry me too much anymore.....but I was like, oh god incision scars, pain, failing!

Then I came to my senses and thought....the scars arent going to be any worse then the stretch marks I already have! lol

Im more worried about my IV now then anything else. I have a huge phobe of needles/giving blood. I had to go give blood again today before my seminar next week, and I had a anxiety attack and almost passed out. I HAAAATE having to get blood drawn. They took 7 tubes *shivers* :tt2:

I really appreciate your guys' support! my husband assures me that i will be fine...it's just the fear of the unknown i guess!

Bless your heart Lv my Labs:closedeyes:. When I was 18 many moons ago I was in a car accident that broke my left upper leg. They wanted to do surgery to fix it but I said no. The fear of going to sleep was intense. So instead I chose to spend six yes six weeks in the hospital in traction. Dumb me. That really sucked. I wish I had done the surgery. So anyway I have had several surgeries since that and going to sleep really is the best part. It is scarey at first but once you do it it's no longer a big deal. I wish for you all the best. I just know you'll be ok. Good luck in your journey.:tt2:

What is the left arm pain? I have had surgery many times (sinus, a cyst removed from my ovary, a tonsilectomy, a lymphectomy) and I am still nervous. I never had a bad experience with surgery, however I think the whole expereince can be emotional cause not only are we going to get major surgery we are also going to change our lives drastically and the unknown is very scary. Plus if any of you are like me I am an emotional eater and before surgery would be the most opportune time to eat. = ) Just cause of nerves.

I really want to know more about this arm pain. I am a massage therapist and can't afford to have my arms out for to long. When I had one of my surgeries, I got the gas pain in my left shoulder...is this the same thing? It was so painful but only for a few hours.

LV my Labs

Well just like everyone else here I totally understand what your going thru. The nite before my DBF said I looked like a dear caught in the headlights. Trying to be brave for everyone around me but inside TERRIFIED!!! Couldn't fool him and I had to lose control for a minute and let him comfort me. In my head I knew it would all be alright, but in my heart I felt like a 5 year old going to the dentist for the first time.

And to be honest some of these boards were doing ALOT to feed my anxiety, everyone is here trying to help but honestly for me I had more information then I needed and some of it freaked me out.

Take a deep breath, know that you made this decision after research and for all the right reasons.

I never had the gas pain, I'm only using liquid tylenol for the soreness--no pain, just sore, and I'm not hungry, which to me is the craziest part of all---and was the ultimate goal of this whole thing.

Deep breath and good luck:thumbup:

chubbychecker, yes it is the same pain you felt before in the shoulder. I had my husband give me a good massage and it really helped. Everyone is scared of actually being put under but I just said my prayers as they were wheeling me into the operating room and I sang my traditional surgery song very quietly to myself. "I like to sing the Oscar Meyer bologna song" It is silly but hey that is what keeps me from jumping off the table. Best Wishes