Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need something for energy!!!!

Ok, so here’s my deal. Before surgery I would have a RedBull at least 2-3 per week. It really helps me get thru the day…well I haven’t had a RedBull since about a week before surgery and today I NEEDED SOMETHING…so even though I know carbonated drinks are a nono…I stopped and got a SUGARFREE redbull….took 1 little sip and well BIG mistake bc it was NASTY!!! So, whats a girl to do??? I NEED something for energy….I have been so fatigued and lifeless around 3pm everyday at work………HELP I NEED SOME ENERGY!!!!

I got to that dragging around point and started Protein supplements. After about three days you'll notice a difference. Shoot for the high end of what your doctor recommends of protein grams.

I hit the wall after three weeks of liquids--and certainly missed my coffee.I find that a morning mug of decaff helps me. Maybe you could have some decaff after lunch for a teeny lift.

And EXERCISE gets your motor going usually...once you're on the wagon. Initially, as you know, you're tired but after a week or so, it energizes.

Also, an endocrinologist once told me that there are two big enzyme dips in humans, and the greatest number of people actually die during these time periods. One's in the early morning and the other 12 hours later at that late afternoon time.

There is probably a natural solution to this that you could google...or some expert in here who will hopefully see your post.

I've been thinking of trying an energy shot called 5-Hour Energy. They're only 8 calories, and not much caffeine. I think they are even available without caffeine. It's loaded with B Vitamins. I read lots of online reviews, and most agree they make a huge difference. I'm not having a lot of problems with low energy, but I figure they might come in handy when cleaning house or other tiring physical activity.

I get a B12 shot every month from my OBGYN & have prior to and post surgery. It helps a lot, as does a cup or 2 of "Joe" in the morning. I was a HUGE Diet RedBull fan prior to surgery *Diet Coke as well*... I've only tried it once, and like you kaninag...it was nasty.

I get a B12 shot every month from my OBGYN & have prior to and post surgery. It helps a lot, as does a cup or 2 of "Joe" in the morning. I was a HUGE Diet RedBull fan prior to surgery *Diet Coke as well*... I've only tried it once, and like you kaninag...it was nasty.

Did your doctor suggest these? and why?

I used to take b-12 shots before when i did this super expensive medically supervised diet I paid for ...and they were wonderful....they really get you moving....

But my current PCP said by blood work came back fine that I would have to have a dificiency for him to RX that. darn...I think I'm going to try my obgyn too!

Did your doctor suggest these? and why?

I used to take b-12 shots before when i did this super expensive medically supervised diet I paid for ...and they were wonderful....they really get you moving....

But my current PCP said by blood work came back fine that I would have to have a dificiency for him to RX that. darn...I think I'm going to try my obgyn too!

Actually my OBGYN did suggest the shots. I'm Anemic (not severe) & have Low Blood Pressure...My periods were extremely draining and I had no energy. Because I'm a bad pill taker - we just decided to come in for monthly shots. I just pay my copay of $10 and I'm good to go. My PCP is not someone I rely on much other than to get a referral - or a Antibiotic Script. He doesn't even know I have the band :(. I would def contact your OB!!

My doctor suggested sublingual B-12 500 mcg daily or 1000 mcg two or three times a week. I am also supposed to take B-1 for the first month after surgery. That plus 60 grams of Protein should have you energized. Also make sure you are staying hydrated.

Don't know anything about RedBull. But you believed it gave you energy and diet won't work.

You can try what I did.... Half and Half.

Half regular mixed with Half diet. I started at 25%/75% and worked my way to half and half.

Now, I can't tell the difference and think they accidentally gave me a regular when it's diet.

Yep, got to work on those addictions...don't just transfer them.

If you get in enough Protein and avoid the carbs, you should notice an icrease in energy. The carbs will drain you of energy fast.

Try to keep the Protein evenly spaced throughout the day, not just one big dose once or twice daily.

I get monthly B-12 shots but that is because I have a low count. I don;t think it will do mcuh for you unless you really need it. (my count was low before being banded, not as a result of being banded)

* I got a B12 shot today...hopefully that will help!!!

Well guys I went and got a B-12 shot too yesterday!

I am anemic and have low blood pressure as well. But he did say to continue the sublingual daily as well. So I will continue to receive them 1x per month.

I can feel a big difference in energy!

I dont know about you 4Jin but that B12 shot really made me feel better!

I will def try the 5 hr shots...I have been seeing those everywhere and was wanting to try them...just hadnt.