Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from WV???

Hi

Just wondering if there are in West Virginians out there. I'm currectly in the 6th month of my weight loss program with CAMC weight loss center. Dr. Shinn will be my surgeon as long as all gets approved by the insurance. I know several people that have had the gastric byass surgery but not a soul that has had the lapband.

Let me know if anyone out there is from WV.

Thanks

Not from WV but my family is from there. Yes I admit it. haha...

Really though welcome and hope you meet some other WV folks. My family is in Belington which is outside of Elkins. We have our family reunion there ever Sept. It's a beautiful place!!!

Hi. I'm right across the river from Parkersburg in Belpre, OH. I will hopefully be having surgery at Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital in Parkersburg with Dr. Kaplan. I don't go for my info session with him until March 15. I'm hoping to be banded by May.

Thanks for the responses

I am in the Charleston area. Hopefully it won't be to long before I get a date. My final appt.. is Monday then just have to wait on the insurance approval. I'm excited, impatient and nervous all at once...lol

Good luck on your journey Kyla

Aloha, I am not from West Virginia, but my in-laws are from there, we were just there visiting, and we found out that my sister in law is in the diet stage, you know, having to do the 6 months of dieting before her insurance will accept her, she is hoping to have the lap band done in 7 months from now, she is from Milton, WV. I think she would be having her surgery at St. Mary's? Does that sound right? We have given her this website, hope she visits here and gets all the info she needs. Good Luck....

Hi....yes tht does sound right. St. Mary's is in Huntington...do you know who her doc is? A co-worker is seeing Dr. Neese? I believe he is in the Hungtington area. You should definitely encourage her to visit this sight, it has been very helpful to me. People have asked/answered questions I would have never thought of. I assume you have been banded? Looks like you have had success. That is reassuring to me.

Thanks

Hi

Just wondering if there are in West Virginians out there. I'm currectly in the 6th month of my weight loss program with CAMC weight loss center. Dr. Shinn will be my surgeon as long as all gets approved by the insurance. I know several people that have had the gastric byass surgery but not a soul that has had the lapband.

Let me know if anyone out there is from WV.

Thanks

Would you advise to have it and how lwould you rate the before, during and after so far? I am from WV. Thanks

What part of WV are you from?

I was just banded on 04/16 and so far so good. My journey started in Aug. of 07 with my 6 month diet/excerise program that was a requirement of both my insurance and surgeon. It flew by a lot quicker than i thought and while I would have liked to skip that step it was actually a learning experience. I also had to have multiple medical tests such as, blood work, ekg, sleep study, pulmonary function test and of course the psych eval. All of that was completed during my 6 month excerise program. Once all that was done and submitted to my insurance it took about a week for the docs office to call ready to set up my surgery date. My surgeon requires you to stay overnight in the hospital however, not all of them do. A co-worker of mine was banded the same day by a different surgeon and went home that evening.

As for recommending it I would say that is a personal choice. If you have always struggled with your weight and are ready to make a healthy positive change then I don't see anything to stear you away from it. At this point I don't have any negative comments other than the normal moans and groans that come along with any type of surgical procedure.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Hello all.......I'm in Martinsburg. Would love to meet with other bandsters in the area.

I can't make it to Winchester for their Wednesday night meetings right now because of church. Maybe this summer.

Please feel free to IM me or email.

Hey SkatKat!

Finally someone from Eastern Panhandle! :) Did you have yours done in Winchester? I just went to the information meeting this past week. Now it's a hurry up and wait to see what my insurance will cover. I would like to know from the time you first went to information meeting to getting banded took? I have lots of questions! LOL Thanks for any info. btw... I'm in Martinsburg too!

Yaherd.who did your surgery,Was it Dr. Robarts?

Just got insurance approval today,so I am not far off.

Are you happy with it and would you do it again?

Yes Dr Robarts... he is all professional and serious... but they have a great program and he is an excellent surgeon... I have no regrets... I am only starting my 4th week now.. so I have a long way to go... but so far so good!

Yaherd,I just got my surgery date today for July-14.

Did you have go on a pre-op diet?

I know some people have to do a liquid diet, but they told me today that he does a low carb diet prior to surgery and not a liquid diet.

Just wondered if you had to do this.

Just a ltlle nervous,and was wondering what your experience has been like so far,and how you liked him and the staff,and how you have been treated.

let me know when you get a chance.

YEAP low carb diet lost on it too.. I get my first fill the 15th of July. I like Joy she is nice and the dietitian.. are you going to class Tuesday the 17th? I think that is when they have their class.. I go at 6:30 for the support group, the pre-op goes at 5:30. Dr Robarts does good work and you stay in the hospital over night and you get pain shots.!!! every 2 hours... yee haw!! no really it was not bad at all.. I dont know how Cabel does there program, but I really am glad I went with Dr Robarts Team

Edited by Yaherd