Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise targeting the inner thighs?

Well of course, an inner / outer thigh machine does the trick!! :thumbdown: But not many of us can afford one for our homes!!

How about this though: get on all fours like a dog and raise one leg, bending it at the knee. Now lift your leg as high as you can and lower it (keeping your knee bent), continuing for an 8 or 16 count. Then do the same with the other leg. I would do two to three sets a day--should help a bit.

Curves does have this machine in their circuit--and our YMCA has a machine too--if you have either of these gyms in your area. :thumbup:

Cardio.

The only thing that is going to take inches off is cardio. And sadly, there is no way to "spot train" to take inches off in one place only.

Hi,

You can work the muscles in the quads and get tighter. I like to do Sumo Squats. Place your feet a bit wider than hip distance apart. Hold one dumbbell from the bigger side with the other side pointing down to the floor. I use about 25-35 lbs, but I've been doing this for a long time. Then, with your back straight, bend knees into a squat position. The weight will lower, but make sure your are not leaning forward or sliding your arms down (purposely reaching to the floor), then squeeze the legs and glutes and up to straight position. Do about 3 sets of 10-15 of these and you will feel it. When it gets too easy, add more weight.

Cool! Thanks for the suggestions! I currently use just the elliptical for 40 minutes a day and have noticed the most results in my butt, outer thighs, and calves. Thankfully this week I will be entering my 8th week post-op so I can incorporate some strength training into the mix. I feel like I'm definitely losing inches, but I want to make sure that the ones left behind are as toned as possible! As it stands now, everything just seems loose and deflated, especially the extra skin on the upper part of my inner right thigh (so gross!).

Chickie, I've seen your pics and you look frickin' phenomenal! It doesn't look like you have any saggy skin! What specific exercise regime have you followed?

Chickie, I've seen your pics and you look frickin' phenomenal! It doesn't look like you have any saggy skin! What specific exercise regime have you followed?

Thanks.

I do have excess skin. Not a whole lot of it, but I do have some. I did have a Tummy Tuck in August of 2006. My stomach was my problem area (its where I carried most of my weight, there and my ass)

To be truthful, all I do is run, sit ups, push ups, chin ups and planks. And a bit of yoga. Nothing special, I just do it daily. I think that is the key.

How about this though: get on all fours like a dog and raise one leg, bending it at the knee. Now lift your leg as high as you can and lower it (keeping your knee bent), continuing for an 8 or 16 count. Then do the same with the other leg. I would do two to three sets a day--should help a bit.

ohhhh... that one sounds like it could kick my behind! thanks!!! something to add to my work out ... when i work out...

Thanks.

I do have excess skin. Not a whole lot of it, but I do have some. I did have a Tummy Tuck in August of 2006. My stomach was my problem area (its where I carried most of my weight, there and my ass)

To be truthful, all I do is run, sit ups, push ups, chin ups and planks. And a bit of yoga. Nothing special, I just do it daily. I think that is the key.

**sigh** daily, i think i've forgotten what it's like to work out daily ... :) weekly, yup ... maybe 1-2 times a week...

i need my rear kicked.

I try for 5 days a week. I am doing great if I can do that.

I am just trying to lose the weight I dont care where it comes from I figure eventualy it will all come off. lol

My legs are huge though...they always have been. Cant wait for those to get smaller too. lol

I love the idea of dog pose thing. I just hope I can get off the floor once I am down there. lol

Thanks.

hi chickie,been awhile since i have been on the net,great to hear you do sit ups,for some reason,i was always worried if it was o.k to try that since my op[july last year]so i will have to try and get into sit ups again.thanks.:thumbup: