Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! Must be fate.......

I can't believe it! I posted my first message yesterday looking for information on Dr. Carter in Arlington, TX and was kind of nervous and depressed. I then happened to call the insurance company this evening thinking I'd get the same answer again "no, we haven't received the paperwork yet" and discovered I was approved by UHC within 5 work days! I had first sent in paperwork on Feb 10th and then did a followup call with the dr to find out the paperwork got lost. Resubmitted on the 18th and was officially approved the 24th! I even found out the tentative surgery date and will of course need to call tomorrow for the "firm" date. UHC tells me it looks like March 23, 24 or 25th. I'm soooo excited!

I'm hoping for some words of wisdom and encouragement from all of you great people because I can't tell anyone at work. I'm nervous and want to wait until I've been banded and back to "normal". I have lots of lunches and dinners for work and don't want a lot of attention about it. Plus, I've worked for the same company for 14 years and lost probably 150 pounds (lost 80 then gained 90 and a son, then lost 60 and then gained nothing but weight back). I want to be successful this time and I have the desire. Not only for comfort (traveling for work, Six Flags - here I come!) but also for my health. I always promised myself when I turned 40 I would be at my goal weight. Let's see, that came and went about 9 months ago and I lost nothing except for time! Well, thanks and I'm excited!!! Laura

WOW!!!!!!! congrats!! Laura!! That is absolutely amazing that you got your insurance to approve your surgery. You are so lucky. You are actually going to be having your surgery around the same time as me. I am having surgery on March 23rd. I know how you feel. We keep getting older and nothing changes. I too want to make a life long change. I want to be the healthiest and in the best shape of my life for the second half of my life. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.

Hi Laura,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must feel so relieved to have a tentative date! I'm glad you had such good success going thru your insurance company. Best wishes to you and keep in touch, Teresa

40 is hitting me hard, and I'm not even 40 yet! (will be in May) so I know how you feel. Good for you! I'm happy your insurance paperwork went through fine this time. Wow! 5 working days! Good for you!

Laura, I missed your post yesterday! Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming banding. How much weight would you like to lose? You might want to start weaning yourself off of those cokes before your surgery. Just one less thing to worry about later. Please keep us posted on your surgery date.

Laura,

Dr. Carter was also my surgeon in June 2003. I was his 120th lapband patient or thereabouts! He has done close to 700 lapbands so far. He is really a wonderful surgeon and he has a great track record of very successful bandsters. I believe he has a great surgical technique as well. Post op care is phenomenal as well. So there ya go!! Good luck with your journey. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Babs in TX

334/180

New goal: 170

Congratulations!!!!! Looks like there's going to be lots of March newbies, so you will be in good company. Best of luck to you!

Laura's getting banded banded banded,WOO HOO!! Oops sorry got carried away with the thrill in the air. So excited for you. I remember that feeling. You will succeed at this, I have faith.

Hi all! Thanks for all the wonderful words of encouragement! My surgery is set for the 3/21 and I'll be banded before you know it! I feel like a "coke" head though. I've had absolutely NO diet coke since Sunday night. I just tastes SSSOOOO good! Oh well, I guess I'll start making use of the Water we have delivered and learn to like tea alot! Thanks again and I'll keep you updated! Laura

Congrats Laura. I was the Pepsi Queen believe me it can be done. Hang in there your time will be here before you know it..

Wow, Laura, that's great news! I admit I read your post because I love your screen name. I'm 47, and I think the 40s are way underrated. I am much happier than I was when I was younger. Just think, you'll have your band to see you through the decade (and beyond).

40 is hitting me hard, and I'm not even 40 yet!
My hardest birthday so far was 39. For 364 days all I did was brood and whine: "Oh my God, I'm going to be 40 next year! What have I done with my life?" Well, the big day came and went -- and I didn't feel older, just relieved! BestMe, you might feel better too after your birthday is over. Make it a big celebration! (I had a "F* it, I'm 40" party.) A friend of mine just told me that 50 is the new 30. I don't know if that makes 40 the new 20 . . .

A friend of mine just told me that 50 is the new 30. I don't know if that makes 40 the new 20 . . .

I can honestly say my age has never bothered me. I do feel a lot better at 51 than I did at 41! It's amazing what dropping a few pounds can do for you mentally and physically. I've always believed being happy is the secret to good health and feeling young. I'm proud of my laugh-lines. I rode a 24 mile bicycling benefit today w/ an 18 year old friend (male) and had a blast. He was tireder than I was when we finished. LOL