Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What in ur hospital bag??

apple do u have to stay over night? I only stayed at hospital for 4 hours but wear something loose fiting , make sure you have gasx and liquid tylenol they will give u meds but those make u sleepy so tylenol works great and lots....of liquids crystal light , Soups because you want be able to go out for those things so already have them at your house ...good luck girl I can't wait to you finally get this over with lol

Yeah me too LOL ... I have lost 15.5 pounds pre-op! But I think I will only be ther one day but I just didn't knowwhat to bring. So just gas-x and liquid tylenol ?? How long were you on liquids after surgery ??

I had to spend the night so I brought loose fitting clothes to wear in the hospital. I also brought a toothbrush, hand lotion, lip balm, because you get very dehydrated on ice chips, even with an IV. I also brought my phone, blackberry, and some books to read.

Well my Blackberry goes without saying, that goes everywhere with me. :eek:

I also threw my travel pouch in there, which has all my toiletries. I keep those packed so I don't have to think about it. And clearly I don't. LOL

I really enjoyed having my own PJs and slippers on. I'm big on that. Also, it helps if your going home shoes are slip on. Good luck!

Yeah me too LOL ... I have lost 15.5 pounds pre-op! But I think I will only be ther one day but I just didn't knowwhat to bring. So just gas-x and liquid tylenol ?? How long were you on liquids after surgery ??

1 week on liquid

I'm not planning on taking anything. I'm doing a same day surgery deal and having had this type of surgery before (lap gall bladder outpatient), the only thing I wanted when I was at the hospital was for them to leave me alone and let me sleep! LOL I'll have everything I need ready for me when I get home.

I found a great list/thread from one of the forums here, things to stock up on pre and post-op.

Check it out:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/post-op-checklists-things-have-before-surgery-14814/

Some great information! I know when my "band time" comes, I'll be needing this! :)

My doctor's office suggest a small fan in case the room is too hot, apparently the rooms are small and tend to be stuffy.

They also suggest a robe, don't need slippers because they give you sockies, books to read, lip balm, your own pillow in a colored pillowcase (not white like the hospital's) portable DVD player,

I would advise that whatever you bring, wash it when you get home. the hospital is full of germs and the last thing you want is to have MRSA or VRE on the pillow that you sleep with everynight. I just brought my PJ's and some clothes to change into for going home. The hospital has everything else and after the surgery you are out of it mostly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches