Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some reassurance!

I am 4 days post op and I am a little panicked and need some reassurance from those who've been banded for awile. I researched the band for a year before deciding to go ahead with it. I feel like it's the only way that I will ever lose the weight I want/need to lose. That said...even though I realize that it will eventually lead to a healthier, hopefully happier me...I can't see that far down the road yet.

Basically I am feeling like, what the heck have I done!!! I feel like I won't ever have a normal life now. Does that feeling go away? Or did anyone else feel that way? I need some support!

I'm also 4 days post-op and understand your fears. I think it's good to only use the posts to answer specific concerns when we begin to feel overloaded with stories of risks and problems.

When all's well, we can help others. :)

You might need a little breather from the postings??

I had to stop before surgery--was beginning to freak out.

If you still want to read, look for the headings that sound very positive so you can communicate with those folks. As tempting as it is to peek at the car wreck, keep your eyes on the prize and move straight ahead.

Best to you.

You're probably still on liquids and feel like you'll never be able to eat real food again. Relax, you'll be able to gradually add real food back. In fact until you get a good fill that restricts you, within a few weeks from now, you might get worried your band isn't working because more than you should eat will go down.

This is all part of the roller coaster process of the band.

You might also be feeling a little "down". The effects of anesthesia, surgery and healing can do that to us.

You'll be feeling better about the whole process soon, especially as the weight comes off. Hang in there!

you are going to be fine, I am tight at the mo just had 3rd fill on Thursday but I am still eating what ever my family am, I just have very little and have to chew chew chew chew and a little more chewing.

This was the best thing I ever had done, I still go out for a drink I just am a light weight drinker now and get drunk to easily.

The only things I have given up is fizzy drinks, which I do miss a little but hey I want to be slim and sexy!!!!

HI everyone I was banded on Jan 29 and today I was worried because I wanted to eat like I used to. Iknow that this is not an overnight process and you need to wait for your first fill sometimes for it to work but today I have had a lot of liquids and can't seem get full. I have been reading all the postings and know I am not the only one with this. I just worry that maybe this can't work for me because nothing else has ever stopped me from eating. Anyway Thanks for all the info everyone.

Dianna

Almost 99% of us have felt the same way. We have failed so many times, we're sure this time won't work either. Get a bottle of Water and check out the "before and after photo" thread. That should convince you it can work. We must help our band to work tho', it won't do the entire job by itself.

BTW, the other 1% are just a lucky bunch that never needed even one fill.

When the scale starts going down and the bad food choices start coming up, you lose the desire to overeat. Before I was banded I was feeling bad that I would never enjoy food again. That just isn't true; what is true is that I don't enjoy overeating. Welcome to banded life!

When I woke up in the hospital--I was like What in the world have I done to myself? I'd never had surgery before, and honestly I wasn't prepared. But It will be a month on Wed. and I feel great. Have had more energy and all that. Just get through that first 2 weeks and you'll fell so much better.

I too am 4 days post-op. I'm still sore, and weak but I'm thrilled that it's over. My stomach is making crazy noises, I can't lay on my side, I'm bored laying around, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Just keep thinking about what it will be like a month from now. You just have to take it day by day.

I am 3 weeks post-op and I had the same feelings you are having. The whole first week post-op I was asking myself why I did ever did this over and over again. I felt like I shouldn't have gone through with it. I just have to tell you that it all gets better, I promise! I was sore until about the 5th or 6th day post-op, then I woke up one morning and almost all of my pain was gone. Good luck!

Thank you all so much for replying! You have no idea how much it helps to hear that you guys went through it and survived and are happy you did it! Thank you for taking the time to help!

I was so happy to hear your post... I was banded 1/31 and have been very scared and emotional ever since. I cry and get paniked at the thought of having this LIFE LONG change... It has been scary for me. You are not alone... I just keep thinking that people are so happy down the road... Feel free to chat if you need to vent!

You all may want to go down to the monthly support groups and find the group for your month (seems mostly January here). I am in the February group. It really helps to be able to talk with other people who are in the same part of the journey as you. I know it has helped me and I haven't even had my surgery yet (this Thursday is my date).

Good luck!