Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gym rat?

Hi all. I want to start by saying how thankful I am to be banded!

I have never liked exercise. I hate sweating, and exhersion doesn't appeal to me!

That being said, since banding and losing the initial weight, I decided to start working out. First I used the elliptical in my home that was so lonely for so long. After about 6 weeks, I got bored, so now I have joined a gym. Very nice place with all the amenities I could want.

I have been there almost every day since joining!

I am no longer dreading getting sweaty.

I am no longer hitting the snooze on my alarm clock 42 times cause im so tired. I feel like a new person.

I guess I am a gym rat...hahaha

I joined the Y---I hate it!!! Well not the Y but getting there, getting into a swimsuit, but once into the Water, I really enjoy the swim and aerobics!! I live just outside Chicago and the thought of freezing skin and stiff hair-even though I dry both, is just over the top for me!! But I have made a commitment and I go every other day and stay for an hour on my own and a 45minute class in the water for arthritis and it does help. I have been working on changing my attitude and so far so good!! Best of luck to all of you...the band is only a tool...the rest we have to do by ourselves....

Well I love being at the gym too! I could stay there half of the day...But since school has started I have been battling trying to get there as much as I would like too. I love the ammenities, and it a girls facility so that makes it nice, I still am not comfortable shaking what I got around a lot of other people yet! I love zumba too, if you go to a gym that has zumba, I would suggest it! It's a blast!

What is Zumba? Sounds interesting.

I don't know about being an expert, but I love it...It's like club dancing without the bar scene, and I am shaking my booty off. It's a great work out...I think you can watch it on youtube.com

It's a great new class, I believe you could find a class at a local gym. Some of our recreation centers even have the classes around here in Ohio. I just found out there is a zumba studio not too far from my house...Wooohooo!

The gym is such a nice escape, I was swimming the other day, I think I could have stayed in the pool the whole day!

I am in Clark County area..In between Springfield and Dayton, Ohio. I love your quote by the way. There is actually a hospital that was started by Mr. Kettering. Not to far from where I live..I hear he was a very nice man.

I love zumba, they have a Zumba studio not to far from my house and I am thinking of trying to go learn a little more..I would love to get good at it...Wouldn't it be fun when I am at goal to become an instructor...like zumba or Water aerobics. I don't know if I am that coordinated...But it sounds fun!!! PM me sometime OHJuli, I would love to hear from you.

W-

When are you coming to Columbus? I'll certainly catch you for a coffee or drink. Or if you bring your bicycle, a ride.

Let me know,

Probably October or Nov so a way off yet. I was just there in December.

Im going to Cleveland the week after this one.

Then Toledo. Ohio is a big terrotry for me. I already Did Cincinnati so wont be back there till Dec im thinking.

But sometimes i get a week to travel here and there in the summer so maybe sooner.

I am a gym rat. I haven't been banded and I am still fat but I fell in love with the eliptical machine at the Y. We've been spending quite a bit of time together since we first met.

Hi Jess!

I live in Findlay! We have a Zumba class here at our YMCA. It is so much fun!

Congratulations on all your weight loss!

~Carol

Turler, Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!! I have heard Findlay is very nice! My hubby has worked up their quite a bit.. Don't you love zumba! I am not the greatest at it since I am still so heavy but I have a blast!!!

Whosyadaddy you'll have girls to meet up with all over the place, you ladies man you!!! What will you ever do with all that attention!!!