Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Image?

I dont think it ever stops.

I am WAY smaller than I think I am, in fact I'd probably be described as tall and thin, which just hasnt hit me yet, I still dont think of myself that way. Yet conversely, the times I really get a look at myself, I realise that "accepting" that I have a slight amount of loose stomach skin but really got off VERY luckily is misguided, in fact, I just need to lose 6 or 7kg more and I'll have washboard abs. There's little crepey or loose skin there, it is in fact fat, pure and simple. I always thought of myself as a "big girl" so I find it hard to realise that my natural body type is actually very thin and not very heavily muscled, fine boned and to look toned, I really do need to be at the bottom end of my healthy weight range.

So I see myself as bigger (as opposed to more overweight) than I am and also as less well cushioned than I reall am both at the same time. Its like my head says yes, well 72kg is a healthy weight for 5ft 10, and I just take that as a given, whereas really, its still a bit too fat for ME, even if not for the next person.

Sigh

I denied I was as big as I was. How else can you account for being super morbidly obese?

I think I'm bigger than I am now which is the opposite thing.

I do look at myself in the mirror more and with clothing on I think I look okay. But nakkit I can't stand the way my skin hangs. There is PS in my future.

But before a full bodied 310 woman would walk around nude with more confidence than my 207 hanging skinned does. I just told my SO it's sex with the lights off until I get to goal and get the skin taken care of.

And that's just not my typical attitude. Weird stuff going on in my head for certain.

I just assume it will pass eventually. Good Luck.

I'm the same way Juli! Our stats are pretty similar too. (my high was 311, a few months before surgery)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I'm an apple shape so I have large (now deflated) breasts and lots and lots of tummy that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.<o:p></o:p>

Clothed I think I finally look pretty good but naked - forget about it!! I'm more self conscience than I was at 300lbs! I think this has played a big role in the fact that my sex drive is pretty much non-existent at this point.<o:p></o:p>

I'm starting therapy soon. :wink2:

Thank you all so much for your advice, and comments. They are very helpful. I keep asking my husband over and over... am I bigger than her... what size do you think they are? He's being very good about it... so it's helping me. I don't have any pictures of myself... and I don't even have any of me before (my doctor does)... so the next time I'm there I'll ask to borrow it, and then take ones of me now. I guess I'll go buy a full lenght mirror too... this might help. Thank you all!!!!!

Lately I have been.

I am down over 50 pounds and I'm still complaining.

I look around in the gym at the thinner girls and think to myself damn I'll never get where they are.

My hips are flabby and I still have back fat.

My stomachs fat and sometimes I don't feel like eating right and excercising!

Ok I got it out!