Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does 14CC Band give same restriction as 10CC Band?

I was banded on Dec 13, 2007 and will be getting my first fill this Wednesday. Does anyone have the 14CC band, and if so, how many CC's of saline did you need to get to good restriction?

Also, when the APS and APL are filled to capacity, do they both offer the same amount of restriction or is it possible to have a band that is too big for you and never really get to full restriction?

I swear, I better get good restriction from this APL or I will grab a knife and a HEFTY TWIST-TIE and do it myself! :tongue:

I have the 14cc band better known at the VG or Vanguard and I have good news for all you who have this, you must be Patient and it will finally allow restriction. I am not patient and have been worried as I had absolutely 0 restriction and my surgery was 11/15/2007 however I had my 2nd fill 01/22/2008 which put me up to 7CC and the next day I found out what restriction feels like for the 1st time, it is amazing. I truly can only eat small amounts and now I must chew chew chew, so hang in there and know it will work it just takes a few fills to get there. Also everyone is different you may get restriction on your 1st fill but if not-Hang in There!

Danna

I have the 14 cc band and have 6 cc in, I think I need a little bit more. I can still eat a whole cup.

Fills are tricky, aren't they? Only on my 6th or 7th fill I started to feel some restriction. And i think I need a new fill, I'm eating way more than 1 cup...

I currently have 9cc.

niki

You seem to have lost 41 pounds in 5 weeks. Is that really not a sufficient weight loss rate for you?

41 pounds is great, but I lost the majority of that on my pre-op diet. I had not lost anything for close to 2 weeks and had actually gained a few pounds back until I had my first fill this past Wednesday.

I was given a 3.25cc fill under flouro and I could immediately feel the tightness. It felt a little like the first week after surgery, just without the pain in my incisions. I now have some restriction and can eat about 3/4 cup of food before I feel full. I now must battle the head hunger, because even though I am full when I finish my meal, I am looking for more to eat within a few hours. Not because I am hungry, but because I like to eat.

Miss Monaaz:

Isn't the head hunger a killer! I find that if I keep as busy as possible the head hunger doesn't come as often. It's like a beast that lives inside of me.

Best wishes for your success.

Sue

missmonaaz thanks for the explanation and good luck to you in your weight loss journey. I also have a 14cc band, and my first fill was only 2cc. I'm glad you feel some restriction now.

I was banded on 11/5/2007 with a 14cc band. I am experiencing little to no stristriction. I had my first fill on 1/18/2008 at 3cc, no resitriction. My second fill was 1-week later with 2cc, again with no restriction. I am trying to by patient but I am so hungry. I am going to call this week to get another fill and I really hope that I will be restricted. I am hoping that the 3rd time around will be successful.

To date, I have lost a total of 15 pounds. I was hoping to reach the 20-25 pounds mark by now. My patience is being tried to say the least.