Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyone?

HI ALL!

I've been off the board about a month b/c of work but I'm back and I don't notice anyones names?

Wheres Amy? OregonHolly? Para Girl? WantSoBad?

Am I in the wrong thread?

Well here's an update didn't lose or gain a pound since last visits. Finally got re-filled plus additional ccs since they removed it all in November. I'm baffled because I am down almost 4 dress sizes but the stupid scale isn't moving. I'm walking 4 miles a day. I joined a soccer league but it was insane my games were at 11:15 and 11:45pm on Friday night. I am old people OLD! So I am thinking this is not going to work. Its been so cold here last few days I resorted to doing stairs in my house but I'm not the most graceful doll on earth!!!!

Hope everyone is well. How are you all doing?

Hi Lizzie,....I went to get a fill today and it involved weighing in and measuring , you know the whole nine. Anyway I did not think I was doing as well as I should, but I am. I have built up enough muscle mass from exercising that I need to lose less weight to have a normale BMI(they recommend 22).Ten less pounds as a mattter of fact. So you are probably building up muscle mass that just weighs more than the fat it is replacing. Congratultions on losing the dress sizes. I WENT FROM A 52 IN THE WAIST TO A 48. I am still huge but I can seee some light at the end of the tunnel. Jusst to be going down instead of constantly up is a blessing in it self.:lol:

Yeah I know- I haven't been on much lately either. I don't recognize most of the names. It seems like most of the original October Bandsters are missing in action. It worries me because I know some were getting discouraged with their progress and the process, and stopped posting. It sounds like we all have gone through the same things. And it sounds like other bandsters all went through the same things we are and are doing great. We just need to keep working our bands and press on- and we will too be victorious. I think it is easier to keep on track, motivated, and accoutable when keeping up on the boards. So let's all try to check in and stay in touch.

I got my first fill a little over a week ago. So I have 5 cc's. I couldn't decide if I wanted a fill or not cause I have been doing fine. But I decided to get a little fill to see if it would excellerate my weight loss. I definitely notice I get full even faster than before. I am down 40.5 pounds as of this morning. It sounds like a lot of people are stuggeling with the exercise. Let's all try to make an effort to get our exercise- I think it will greatly help our weight loss.

Hi everyone,

I was banded 10-4 and I have had 3 fills, I have a 4cc band and am filled at 2cc. But I don't have the restriction that others talk about, I haven't lost any wieght other than what I lost right after being banded, I don't even know what real restriction feels like.

Can anyone relate??

Janet :)

Hi, I haven't visited for awhile, but in a nutshell I was banded on 10/11/07 in Jacksonville, FL. I'm at about 53 lbs down but not feeling like I've lost much lately. Finding myself going back to snacking out of boredom and not exercising at all. Everyone still keeps telling me how good I look and that they can see lots of progress but for some reason I'm not seeing it in the scale (which I make the mistake of looking at every day).

I see my doctor on 2/4 next.

Sue

Hi Carrot. I was banded on 10/25 . I have had 2 fills most recently on 10/21. I have good restriction. So much so that I have a hard time getting what seems like to me enough food in. My band says "that's enough", but mybody is screaming " that's not nearly enough food". Seems like I am hungry all the time but when I eat I can only eat enough for it to get stuck and then I have to wait a couple hours to eat some more to try and get full. I guess this is what it's all about. I have lost 40 pounds too. Also I have gained enough muscle mass that my goal to a normal BMI has went up from 219 lbs to 230lbs. I thought that was pretty cool. So yeah we all have to just keep plugggin away at it. I was finally able to do 2 miles on the elyptical machine at one time. Took me 27 minutes ,but I did it! We all can Do It!!:cursing:

Hi everyone. I have only been around about six months, so i guess i am still pretty new. My weight loss has slowed down a lot but i am still losing . Donna

Wow,

2 miles is awsome, I struggle to do a mile and a half on the tread mill

I am having a hard time understanding what restriciton is, I have 3 fills, now half filled, never got stuck or frothed or pb'd, I am feeling a little different in the chest area,

Any advice??

Janet

I am still having trouble with exercise. It is just so darn cold outside and I do not like cold weather. When I retire and go home to Florida, I don't think (at least right now) that I ever want to go somewhere it is cold! I'll do my travel in the summer! That said, I'm doing a little better with Portion Control but still have no restriction since the day after my 2nd fill. I am 7cc in a 10cc band. Next fill is in March. But the dr says it will come and I will forget all the misery of worrying why I'm not losing weight. It is nice to have a dr who has been banded herself, she knows where you are coming from. Good luck to everyone of us.

I joined my local YMCA and used the gym equipment as well as I take a dance fitness class, it is lots of fun and you really work up a sweat. Even if I am not loosing wieght at this point, I know that just moving and burning calories is good for me.

Wow, hatmama, I can't believe that you have to wait a long period like that in between fills even if you are not having restriction, how are you dealing with that??

Janet

I have wondered why the Dr schedules me so far apart, especially since I see others are going monthly or 6-wk. Last time I called her and went in 2 wks early. It's a disappointment, also since I see many here banded at the same time or later, and they are losing. I just try to tell myself I am in it for the long run and it will come. It is hard though, I don't see my scales moving much and I'm currently following about 900 calories a day. I can go about 5-6 days then I start eating boiled eggs because I'm so hungry. I might call her a couple weeks earlier if I don't start losing. I just want this to work! Sounds like you are doing ok,the exercise is definately good. I walk, but the weather has been really strange lately. Anyway, good luck.

hatmama

Well if is any comfort, I can totally relate to the disappointment, but I like how you are looking on the bright side, I guess I need to do that as well.

I have a call in to the nurses at Lahey, I want to tell them how I am feeling, not that will do anything but we will see. Last night my ulcer kicked up on top of having the heart burn, my poor tummy is not feeling so well.

Keep up the good work with even a little exercise, that is hard for me to keep up with too. If you have "On Demand" through cable, you can get excersize classes for free through that, or if you have a dvd you can get an excercise video, try that until the good weather comes back. also if you can get to a treadmill or excercise machine, my best friend is my ipod, I put all my favorite songs on it,ones that make you move and I look forward to it.

Maybe these tips can help, Janet :frown:

Thanks, I'm going to spring for a 3 month m/s at the gym downstairs from my office. They only have treadmill and bikes, but that's fine. I don't have (really) time except at lunch. I leave home at 4:45a and don't get back home until around 7:15 (the few times that da_n train is on time!). I do try to get in exercise on my days off (F,S,Su).

Hey Lizzie- I just checked in today and here you are I tell you it must be kismet! Hi Carrot- How are you doing? I keep reading the board and it is kind of depressing me; what happened to our Tenacious Tens? From what I have been reading we are "struggling". I prefer to think of it as "recalibrating". Think about it most of us lost a ton of weight in a short amount of time, and our bodies went, "Whoa, hold on we need to hold on to our fat. We must be starving. Is there a famine we weren't told about?" So the weight lost is suppose to slow, but you have to kick it in the ass, by working your butt off. I started working out everyday when my body pulled the "I-am-keeping-the-fat-for-a-rainy-day-syndrome". I actually love to kick my body's ass. My workout routine is on my blog if you want to see it.

Don't give up-it isn't worth it. We are in this to win it!

HI, I was banded 19 oct 07 and have been lurking on this site since then but now want to "speak". I realize to not share is selfish. I have learned so much from this site and another site and want to give back. I have lost 53 pounds as of today. I exercise 4-6 times a week...4-5 times a week at Curves and once a week "hot" yoga. I have had two fills and now have 6.5 cc's in a 10 cc AP band. I have restriction now and have to revisit the band eating guidelines. For the first time I know what slimming is and PB'd once. Don't ever want to do that again. My biggest challenge is that I am short waisted and have a lot of loose skin around my waist. When I am sitting now, even with loose clothing on, it puts enough pressure on my stomach that with this fill it only takes a few bites to get that throat pressure. If I stand up it is easier. I am definitely eating even slower than before and really paying attention to that first sensation of being full because if I don't I am miserable. Don't know if I might need a small unfill or not. I see my Doc 20 Feb 08. Thanks for all the support.