Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Get stuck on a cheese omelette?

I had my first small fill on Thursday and have had no issues . . .until yesterday morning when I went with my friends to Breakfast . . . and I swear I got the simplist thing . . . and after 3 bites I thought I was going to lose it . . . I maintained, but omg that was NOT fun . . . and this morning eating my cottage cheese and apple sause was a slow process too . . . felt wierd. Guess I have morning restriction . . . and then it clears up later. Such fun new things to experience and learn.

My fill PA said that there were people with issues on eggs. It makes no sense and who can really tell why except maybe we don't normally chew our eggs very well....

I don't know but I guess you aren't alone. Be happy you have restriction.

melted cheese really gets me and so do eggs so that is a double whammy for me. Anything gooey like cheese and I am in a PB. Even melted in Soup if it is heavily cheesy then I am pbing. I drink hot tea in morning which helps me to not pb in the morning and set the stage for all day problems. Good luck

susan

Thanks . . . I wasn't having trouble with eggs before the fill . . . but there was lots of melted cheese in the bites I took . . . maybe I need to SLOW DOWN and smaller bites :lol: It was just very interesting to say the least. I just ate my Starkist lunch kit with no problems . . . so I'm going to try the hot tea in the morning . . . I just like to eat before dealing with drinking issues. :wink2:

What you have sounds like First Bite Syndrome. Some get it in the morning, others like me in the evening at dinner.

Try having a hot drink before breakfast tea, coffee, whatever. Apparently this helps lossen the muscles of your throat. Also for the first 2-3 bites take very small baby portions - about the size of your thumbnail and chew, chew, chew.

I know this is tedious but it's better than the pain you experience.

I had my first fill about 2 weeks ago. I initially felt like I had no restriction, but gradually it is changing. Last week I wasn't able to eat bread unless it was well toasted, and like you, this morning I had difficulty with scambled eggs. Now I have been able to eat eggs since I went onto mushies and it is one of my staple foods - but not today.

Danna

I had my fill on Thursday as well. The only thing I feel safe enough to eat is some cottage cheese with pineapple puree.

My wife made some delicious Turkey Chili today. One bite, Two Bites, Three bites - and I am going to PB. I can't seem to hold anything down but Cottage cheese.< /p>

-UG

Zippit . . . a PB is a productive burp - and basically you throw up what you just ate. Its a very weird sensation before hand - and while I haven't done it, I sure came close the other day.

I had cottage cheese and applesause for breakfast today . . .and again I had to stop after the first bite for a few minutes. Someone said something about first bit syndrome . . . I guess that is what I have going. I don't have time for tea in the morning before I eat - throws my entire schedule off lol. I could wait until I get to work to eat, but then I'm starving. I leave the house at 6:30 . . . but I'm going to have to work something out. The same day I had trouble with the morning omelette, I was able to eat Wendy's chili later in the day with no problem. Just have to work with this morning thing I guess.

Have a good day everyone!

I get my first fill tomorrow. I am actualy quite nervous about it. I think it is weird that I am nervous about a fill when I was ok with the surgery. Had anyone had their fill with fluro? I dont know what to expect.

Got my first fill today of 3cc..

It looks like I'm going to have to start slow eating cause I surely dont want to PB. I was eating chicken and rice.... and 2nd bite everything was stuck in my throat. That was the worst feeling. No more rice for me. Samething with Buns.< /p>

My doctor told me to go on liquids for 2-4 days after a fill, which I found quite odd, as he was quite lenient compared to other doctors in the Post-op diet requirements (eg clears 3-4 days, full liquids 1 week, mushies 1 week, solids). He also said it varies quite a lot from person to person and the time frame should be tailored to what can be tolerated.

I requested only a small fill (1cc - half the norm 2cc for a first fill) and stayed on liquids for the first day but was happy to move to mushies on Day 2 and back to soft foods/solids by Day 3. For those who had a more aggressive fill, perhaps you are trying solids a little too early? It might be worth sticking to liquids only for 2-3 days and then reintroducing mushies and solids slowly as tolerated.

I'm very lucky, I get stuck only rarely and virtually never PB. But I can get stuck on absolutely anything, coffee and yogurt included.

On Sunday we had a picnic, we took a cold chicken and a tossed salad. I got so stuck I started to get the blurred vision and shaky legs, precursor to violent Exorcist style PBing, but thankfully, it passed very suddenly when I stood up.

The next day I ate same leftover cold chicken with lettuce and Tomato in a sandwich. Go figure.

Its purely down to how and when I eat it, some days are tighter than others, mornings slightly tighter than daytimes, evening times can be tight as well, time of month, etc. I need to concentrate too, talking whilst eating is dangerous.

I am getting my first fill on Monday. I am so nervous about what I won't be able to eat now!

I had my fill yesterday, My dr said liquids for 2 days and just take it easy after that...go slow and you should be fine. I am thrilled he is very agressive with fills. I got 5cc put in and he said if in a few weeks I feel it is not enough to call his office and he will give me another fill.