Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flabby Skin at our age??

Hi Chell, Unfortunately my friend wasn't able to get to get reimbursed by the the insurance company.

I don't think my inurance will pay for any type of plastic surgery.

My arms are flapping as I type, but somebody (GHOST?? maybe) took a picture of her arms several months ago. She rubbed one arm using her knuckles for a minute or two several times a day, but left the other. The one she rubbed firmed up quite a bit!!

I've been trying to rub mine before my shower each day, so hopefully they'll start to show improvement before summer.

i am still tring to figure out this system of cummunication on this site. is my picture showing up in yalls end when i reply??? it is not on this end.. elaine

I am new to this and not very savy at navigating this site. I am getting better though. I just had my band surgery last Thursday and am wondering about fill dr's in Louisiana. Did I see you live in Louisiana? I live in Ontario but we are going to Louisiana the end of Feb so I will miss my 2cnd and 3rd fills unless I can find someone to do it down there. I wonder how much money too. I have free fills here.

Have you had your surgery?

Lynda

No I have not had mine yet. I am still on the supervised diet thing. Meeting with nutritionist next month for a check in appointment. Which should be interesting since I have a colonoscopy that day also. Ph boy I can hardly wait. For FinallyFree, can you friend at least claim the medial expense on her tax return? Also for FinallyFree, what do u mean by "rubbing" your arm...like a rub down of some kind?

No I have not had mine yet. I am still on the supervised diet thing. Meeting with nutritionist next month for a check in appointment. Which should be interesting since I have a colonoscopy that day also. Ph boy I can hardly wait. For FinallyFree, can you friend at least claim the medial expense on her tax return? Also for FinallyFree, what do u mean by "rubbing" your arm...like a rub down of some kind?

Chell

The colonoscopy isn't that bad - here the put you in a twlight state - most fall asleep I didn't it was like i had a few drinks - forgot all about the doc doing the deed - just talked to the nurse and watched my colon.

Doc said not polps (SP) and was gone - they were giving me sH*t about my 16 yr grandson driving me home - they said I had to have an adult - I told them the adults were working and all that was needed was someone to drive me who was licensed - heck by the time i got to the car all the crap had worn off - I could have driven...

Hey Chell, I don't know if my friend claimed the surgery on her income tax or not.

Yes, I mean vigorusly rubbing the flappy underside part of your arm with you knuckles for 1-2 minutes once or several times a day. I've tried it and it's quite a work out.

Hang in there with you 6 mo. supervised program. I had to do it too. Ask the nut. if she's referred people for the lap band before, and if she has, ask her what she needed from the pt. to ensure you get accepted for the band.

FF

hi gals I'm waiting to have my band on 4/10. Really anxious. I look so awful now I can't imagine what it will be like after the weight comes off. It took a while but I got the insurance to pay for mine. I have had multiple(like 9) abdominal surgeries in the last five years. the surgery doesn't scare me but I worry about complications from the other surgeries and believe me a couple took a year each to heal up from. I know I am ready to do this and can use the tool successfully just going to need a little help along the way. Since I live in a rural area finding a local support will be tough, so here I am.

:thumbup:

I have bc/bs of iowa and I used their case management support and got through much faster then if I had done it on my on. The nurse I got was very helpful and helped me to access the authorization department. Also some of the requirements are waived if you have comobidities(2). Good luck to you and keep working at it it is worth it.