Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Atkins induction Diet Anyone want to join me????

I had DH take my scale so I dunno how I'm doing...

Losing, you are one brave lady. I don't think I could go without my scales! It's crazy because I used to hate the scales (sometimes I still do), but now I just have to weigh at least 3 times a week, some weeks I weigh everyday :cursing:

I think I've become addicted to weighing..........especially if I'm having a really good week. How long are you going to go without weighing?

I plan on starting up the Atkins again on Sunday or Monday. I can start eating solids tomorrow, but on Saturday, hubby and I are going to a Valentine's Banquet (paid 12 bucks a plate to eat, so I'm gonna). I'll probably just make a clean start on Monday. I stocked up on those stuffed chicken breast, I hope I can tolerate them after this fill. My mom and dad have a small chicken farm, so I get all the free eggs I want, so I'll probably be eating a lot of eggs too! I'm ready to get that scale movin in the right direction!

I found those chicken breasts yesterday at a Super Walmart ... will try one of them for dinner tonight! :smile:

I did good yesterday ... till hubby decided to stop off at Wendy's last night and get Frosty's for the whole family :rolleyes: ... so I had a small vanilla frosty, didn't realize till I got home and looked online that the dang thing had a whopping 52g carbs! :ohmy:

Despite that, the scale still dropped this morning :thumbup: ... I had wanted (desperately) to get to 211.8 by tomorrow but I'm not gonna make it (thanks to Aunt Flo :angry:) ... weighed in at 217.4 this morning, close enough and I'm still pretty dang proud of myself. Still planning on sticking with Atkins, although I might allow myself a little more carbs than the induction phase calls for (I've done this phase for almost a month, long enough ya think??) :mad:

Here is what I had yesterday ~

Breakfast ~ Atkins Caramel Latte shake (which I am SOOO ADDICTED TO!)

Lunch ~ salad (1oz lettuce, 1 pkg Buddig honey turkey, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 colby jack cheese stick, 1.5T sunflower kernels, 2T light italian dressing)

Dinner ~ an all chicken burrito from Baker's (4oz grilled chicken, shredded cheese, sour cream & red sauce) ... just opened it up and ate the insides with a fork

Snack ~ that dreaded frosty :cursing:

Totals ~

1178 calories

62g fat

66g carbs (63g net carbs) ... like it matters when ya screw up that bad :rolleyes:

82g protein

i bought some of the chicken breasts you guys all like. there were also some other frozen chicken breast stuffs...now i cant remember the exact name but it is something like greek style chicken slices w/ feta and roma tomatos. looked good so i go that too. i will let you know how it is.

i am also not following Atkins to a perfect "t", but closely. anyone else doing it like that? how many good carbs are we allowed each day? i better go back to the begin of this thread and read again. i guess my question is this, since i am not following it perfect, what points are most important to follow? i know the low to no carb thing. should i be more careful of the calories or fat or what? i am thinking calories, right?

thanks for any help!

oh, and i have to share my lack of brain moment from last night. i was boiling eggs and forgot about them. boiled the Water right out of the pan. my son was like, mom something smells funny, like burning. omg, the eggs were burned to the pan, the pan was burned. it was horrible! derr me!

ok, so what is the difference?

i found these really yummy yummy low-carb wraps that actually dont get stuck. on the front it says, 6 net carbs, yet on the nutrition label it says 16 carbs. i only have 1/2 of one, one whole one is considered one serving.

what is the difference between the net carbs and the carbs? please help!

Net carbs are calculated by taking total carbohydrate grams and subtracting Fiber and sugar alcohol grams. The remaining carb grams are considered a given product’s net carbs.

Low carb diets consider certain carbs such as fiber and sugar alcohol “non-impact carbs”. Non-impact carbs are carbs that you can’t metabolize or use, so they don’t count, so to speak.

greek style chicken slices w/ feta and roma tomatos. looked good so i go that too. i will let you know how it is.

That sounds GOOD! Did you find that at Walmart? Whats the brand name?

oh, and i have to share my lack of brain moment from last night. i was boiling eggs and forgot about them. boiled the Water right out of the pan. my son was like, mom something smells funny, like burning. omg, the eggs were burned to the pan, the pan was burned. it was horrible! derr me!

I did that once ... left the eggs on there for so long not only did it stink up the house, but they exploded too:ohmy:

That sounds GOOD! Did you find that at Walmart? Whats the brand name?

yeah they were at walmart, just the sam's choice brand. they were right next to those other chicken breasts everyone is talking about. there were a couple other flavors also. i figured i would try this one and see how they are and then try the others.

I did that once ... left the eggs on there for so long not only did it stink up the house, but they exploded too:ohmy:

oh yes, they did that too!

and thank you for the carb explaination!

hmm, my above post didnt really work right now did it. stupid quote thing! my answer about the chicken is stuck inbetween her quote.

I will have to look for the feta & roma Tomato chicken next time I go back for these stuffed chicken breasts ... OMG they are good! I had the pepper jack & bacon for dinner ... only problem was as it was baking in the oven, all the "stuffing" came out. Does that happen to ya'll too? Tomorrow I'll try the jalapeno one ... yum!

Here is what I had today ~

Breakfast ~ Atkins Caramel Latte shake

Lunch ~ 6 meatballs

Snack ~ 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner ~ 1 pepper jack & bacon stuffed chicken breast

Snack ~ Atkins Caramel Latte shake

Totals ~

940 calories

54g fat

18g carbs (14g net carbs)

88g protein

i intentionally went off plan yesterday. had starbucks, Soup, sandwich and a nice steak and stuff for dinner.< /p>

back on plan today. havent planned my food though. i know it will include one of the left over stuffed chicken breasts.

bloo - the pepperjack did leak a bit, but not too horribly, i just scooped the 'innerds' up and put it on top.

welcome want so bad. looks like your questions have been answered. :thumbup:

I am thinking of trying the induction phase cause I am yet to have my first fill and I am REALLY annoyed with the scale not showing me any loss. I should be happy that I am not gaining, but I'm not! I only lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks and that just isn't enough for me. Prior to surgery I had great success doing Atkins but of course always gained it back. Anyways, I know you guys have been doing this for awhile but I was wondering if I could join in for awhile? I am trying to keep my chin up but it is getting harder each day that I dont see any weight loss. I could really use some support!

I am thinking of trying the induction phase cause I am yet to have my first fill and I am REALLY annoyed with the scale not showing me any loss. I should be happy that I am not gaining, but I'm not! I only lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks and that just isn't enough for me. Prior to surgery I had great success doing Atkins but of course always gained it back. Anyways, I know you guys have been doing this for awhile but I was wondering if I could join in for awhile? I am trying to keep my chin up but it is getting harder each day that I dont see any weight loss. I could really use some support!

Of course! The more, the merrier ... welcome! :biggrin:

OK, I am back. The truth is... Atkins works. I am not going to be really strict with induction. I am not going to count calories,etc. I am going to focus on making low carb, high Protein choices. We'll see how this works for me. I really love the support on this thread, and just didn't feel that on the new thread. Bloo, I missed you. :biggrin: Georgia, you really provide a lot of support to me. Losing, I am so glad to see you back. Welcome to all the new guys. You have found a great thread for support. I am ready to get going again.

Let me ask for an opinion..... I feel very little difference since my last fill. I have pretty good restriction, yet I am not at my "sweet spot". I called and talked to my doctor's office. She called back and said that My Dr would fill me really tight and then back off to find my sweet spot. Have any of you ever done this?? What are your thoughts. I am losing at least 2 pounds a week, but i can also eat a full plate of chinese food at times. I am a cinnamon roll a couple of days ago. I cannot always eat like this, but I really want more restriction, I think. What are yall's thoughts.

Amy