Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you do if you weren't "big"?

Hi everyone. This is my first post! What a great thread.

Here's my list:

Wear cuter clothes, including skirts, short sleeves and great shoes

Wear a bathing suit without embarassment

Not feel self conscious in a crowd

Feel less squished on an airplane or in any tight place like that

Be proud of my looks on a daily basis

Be able to put on anything in the closet without laboring over whether I can get away with it or not

Never pop a button or zipper again, and not have to wear blazers or other tops unbuttoned because they simply won't clothes

Ah no no you are not the only one with that tiny toilet problem... any one every broken a toilet seat?

OMG!!! I've broken (and replaced) more toilet seats than I care to admit!! Sooooooo embarassing!!

Hi everyone. This is my first post! What a great thread.

Welcome to LBT!!

I am loving all the responses so far.

For me:

-Date

-Not wear my pants up so high up (way above my belly button). I do that now so the rolls don't hang over the waist band.

-Run a race (5K, Peachtree Road Race)

-Go to Six Flags

-Lay out by the pool with my friends

-Wear tank tops, and sleeve-less tops in the summer. It's HOT in Georgia!

-Wear trendy skirts to work

-Go out dancing with my friends

Really I want to be able to stand tall and want to look people in the eye when I walk by...now I am afraid to make eye contact with a lot of folks because I fear a weird or disgusted look will be waiting on me.

I want to:

1. be able to take my kids to the pool and swim with them

2. be able to wear whatever I want (shorts, skirts, tank tops, etc).

3. be able to wear lingerie for my husband

4. feel sexy

5. be able to have fun with life

6. not be so self concious

7. be able to run around and play with my kids

oh here's one....buy matching panties and bras...ya know, the kind that ARENT GRANNY PANTIES!!!

and c'mon ladies, we all know they make plus sized G-strings...but c'mon, there's really nothing attractive about plus sized g-strings....

CANT WAIT to get outta the granny panties and into some DECENT SIZED panties that have the cute matching bras! FROM A REGULAR DEPT STORE!

Go on a job interview and know that interviewer is listening to my credentials, not wondering if I will drop dead of a coronary in front of 30 kids.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Have a healthier pregnancy next time around, hopefully being able to deliver vaginally this time.

<o:p></o:p>

Be able to sit in DH’s lap

Go scuba diving

Be able to wear corduroy without hearing swishing noises

Not embarrass DS at school

Be able to play with DS and not ache

Teach DS good eating habits ( I was banded just after his 1<SUP>st</SUP> birthday and was only getting healthy pureed baby food at the time so he will only ever know good foods)

That's all I can think of now, but there's more

Get up off the couch without feeling I have to "hoist" myself up

Be able to stand for longer than a few minutes (knees and back problems)

Stairs without needing cpr

Taking walks with my son

Camping with my son

Basketball with my son

Climbing into the bleachers to watch my son play basketball

Having the seat belt in my car fit appropriately instead across my neck

Sitting comfortably in a booth at a restaurant instead of a table w/chairs

Being in the picture WITH my son instead of taking the pix

Having more energy to do my job

Wearing clothes that I actually want to wear vs. what will fit and hide my body

Not having to depend on my son to do things around the house for me

Eating normal portion sizes and feeling normal about it

Re-joining curves

Being able to fly and fit in a seat comfortably

Going to any event and being able to sit in the seat comfortably

Being able to sit in the bathtub for a nice long, hot relaxing bath and being able to get up and out

I could go on and on and on! Being banded on Feb. 13th....I sure hope these dreams come true!

Marieze

I got one!!!! I really agree with all the above but would like to add one more ...

* be small enough that DH can carry me over a threshold!!!

He's never been able to pick me up or at least I wouldn't let him try. We are planning on renewing our vows for our 20th anniversary (4 yrs to go)

wombat

RE: the bathtub...

I would also like to be able to actually fill up the tub and not worry about it sloshing over when I lower myself in. On the flip side, I also want to get OUT of the tub and still see that it has Water in it. :lol:

I do a lot of theater and for once I want to be cast in rolls that are sexy. I want to not be the one on the stage that is the fatest.

I also want to be able to wear clothes that don't have winnie the pooh logos and just what in the world do designers think that fat people like to wear???? Doesn't it seem like designers think that fat people like to weat clothes that have disney characters or food or just plain dumb sayings. I actually bought one of those T-shirts it says "whatever dingleberry". Thats exactly how I feel about buying fat clothes. lol

Hi there,

I can't believe how I relate to all of these lists. Every single on of them is true.

1. I also want my pants to be quiet and not swish with noises.

2. I want to be able to enjoy the tub and worry how to get in and out.

3. I want to walk a mile without thinking am I going to pass out.

4. I would love to run a 5k, but I don't have a clue on how to begin to do it.

5. I want to like to move around and exercise.

6. I would love to feel sexy...I don't think I ever have.

I am happy with myself as a person, but I feel that I am not enjoying life as a person should, because I feel embarrassed with myself.

My weight is coming off so slow, I am still working on finding the sweet spot.

Thanks for being there everyone, I enjoy your posts.

Cyndi

I have had to get off a roller coaster in front of everyone while my son was left to ride all alone. I acted like no big deal but it was to me and my son. So after I lose my weight we are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!

I got one!!!! I really agree with all the above but would like to add one more ...

* be small enough that DH can carry me over a threshold!!!

He's never been able to pick me up or at least I wouldn't let him try. We are planning on renewing our vows for our 20th anniversary (4 yrs to go)

wombat

yeah, that would be awesome! My husband and I got married last March and there was no way I was gonna even let him attempt to carry me!!! He could carry me when we first started dating.....thats what I want to be back to!!

Hi there,

I can't believe how I relate to all of these lists. Every single on of them is true.

1. I also want my pants to be quiet and not swish with noises.

2. I want to be able to enjoy the tub and worry how to get in and out.

3. I want to walk a mile without thinking am I going to pass out.

4. I would love to run a 5k, but I don't have a clue on how to begin to do it.

5. I want to like to move around and exercise.

6. I would love to feel sexy...I don't think I ever have.

I am happy with myself as a person, but I feel that I am not enjoying life as a person should, because I feel embarrassed with myself.

My weight is coming off so slow, I am still working on finding the sweet spot.

Thanks for being there everyone, I enjoy your posts.

Cyndi

There are several good books out there for beginner runners. The one I'm reading now is called "The NONrunners guide to marathons for women" by Dawn Davis. Its funny and so doable.