Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I gained 1.5 pounds on MUSHIES!

I'm so upset. I lost 20 pounds on my 2 weeks pre-op and 1 week post-op liquid diet. Then on Friday, 11th, I started mushies and I gained 1.5 pounds. I tried to tell myself it was Fluid (I did notice my rings were tighter), then I tried to tell myself it was because I wasn't going potty like I should, but I fixed that with Milk of Mag and still NOTHING. Tomorrow is 1 week on mushies.

I am eating three 4oz meals a day. That's it! No cheating, no sugar, low carb, high protien.

What gives? Did this happen to any of you? :)

Are you well enough to start exercise? That should help. I gained 8 pounds from surgery alone...That was a unwelcome sight. But I guess through all the stages our body must adjust to the changes too. I'm sure your 1.5 pounds will drop off plus some as long as you stay within your calorie range and slowly increse activity and excersise. Keep on Truckin...

Well, I'm still pretty sore, but I have been walking. That's the only excersie I'm cleared for at this stage I'm pretty sure.

Thanks, I sure hope it does. I'm really down about this, even though I'm sure it'll work out in the long run, it's dissapointing.

My doctor told me the liquid and mushy stage are for healing. If you lose great, but don't be worried about gaining a little. It is more important to heal properly.

That being said I also have been so confused when I hardly ate anything and got on the scales and was up 3 pounds! I drank more fluids and increased my protien and 2 days later was back down. It could be you just were holding Water.

Wish you the best,

Christie

this was the reason I signed on this morning, I lost 10lbs post op and for the last 3 days the scale hasn't moved!!!!!! I'm so frustrated, I'm still on full liquids....so I am hungry and I'm not loosing weight.

When do your doctors do the first fills? I have an appt next week which will be just under a month post op, will they do it then or only after you start back on "real" food?

The first six weeks or so after the band is placed are for HEALING. NOT weight loss. If you lose, great. But most people do not lose, most gain. This is a very common topic around here. There have been threads and polls galore and the answer most folks give is that they gain some of their weight back. It WILL go away. Just hang in there, you are about to enter Bandster Hell, and that is worse, but eventually it gets better.

It's just a few weeks out of your life. If you are like me you've been fat for years, a few more weeks/months aren't going to hurt me in order to be healthier down the line.

Hang in there folks, it's not your fault!

I responded to the other location where you posted this.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/i-gained-1-5-pounds-mushies-49770/

You really might want to do (everyone should who isn't already familiar with it) some reading on the body's metabolism, and find some way to measure your progress other than a scale. When you realize it's pretty much not going to happen that you gain 1.5 pounds of fat overnight, you also realize it must be something else, and there's no panic.

A scale weighgs your hair, your skin, anything on and anything in your body. That doesn't do much for giving you an accurate idea of fat or sizing changes.

Going to the doctor today, so I think I have gained some too. But realize, we have been on liquids for 4 weeks, and now actually putting some food in, you are going to gain. It will all level out once we get used to the band and get a fill.

I get my first fill on Feb. 15th, but from what I've read, it's not going to change much. At any rate, I'm happy to be where I am and looking forward to future success.

I too have gained and lost the same 3 lbs a couple of times now..am stuck. I have plataued for some time. My first fill is end of month.

My big question is how you get that ticker. I have followed it through but when I go to save it, it says invalid. any help ?

I get my first fill on Feb. 15th, but from what I've read, it's not going to change much. At any rate, I'm happy to be where I am and looking forward to future success.

I know many people who post here will tell you that it takes 3 fills or whatever to start feeling restriction. I'm going to tell you that it's different for everyone. I got good restriction, at least for a couple of months on my very first fill, which was 1cc in a 4cc band.

Don't make the mistake of comparing yourself to everyone else here, because while you think you may see EVERYONE losing at an incredible rate, not everyone is. You aren't doing yourself any favors by trying to keep up with someone who is having unbelievable success.

I gained 6 lbs. right after my surgery 8 days ago (which I thought I might). I lost that, and a few more...but I have to say I am shocked that I haven't dropped more - if I am only consuming less than 400 calories a day I was hoping it would be easier to come off in the beginning. i just worry when i start eating regualr diet that the weight won't come come off any faster. I don't want to lose too rapidly, but I was just trying to do the math, it doesn't make sense to me! I am going to start walking tomorrow, so I hope that by burning some that will help a little. My first fill is on Feb. 14th. I need to stop thinking about it, and just weigh once a week. I think I am doing more harm then good weighing every day!

I'm still on mushies, but things are better. I'm slowly starting to lose again. Now, will I gain again when I move to stage 3?