Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Nymphs Feeling Restriction!

Well, since I have only had one fill I am no expert but I have got to admit that what I am feeling must be restriction. Now mind you, I have no idea what kind of band I have. I did ask Dr. Lautz what size and he said a 10. Not sure what that means but he proceeded to put 1cc in my band. Anyone that might have a clue as to what band size I have let me in on the secret. I am going to ask at my next appointment as I feel stupid for not knowing.

My first fill was 1/3/08 and this past week I have been very full after eating. I have not felt hunger between meals except if I waited to long to eat but for the most part it has been about 5 hours between meals and no Snacks in between. The last few days I have been cutting my portions down because I don't like the overstuffed feeling. I am eating fine but full.

So my guess is that I have restriction. I do know that it will be short lived but I was wondering how many of you Nymphs are experiencing some restriction after your first few fills.

Cindy

I have a 11cc A.M.I band - with only 1 fill so far, but not sure how much was put in. Absolutely no restriction at all... can't wait for my next fill.

I have had one fill of 4cc in the 10cc AP band. This sounds like what you have HB--some Dr's leave it filled w/ 3cc after surgery and then add 1cc for the first fill. Mine was unfilled after surgery and he put in 4cc for the first one. This is the new band...there's a very informative thread started on this if you search the site for "new ap band".

I am feeling restriction, but I don't think I have quite enough yet. I still have to stop myself sometimes when I think I've eaten enough. Then, 20 minutes later I actually feel full. I'm following all the rules with eating slowly and chew chew chewing, but I don't always have the physical cues. I can also eat more @ Breakfast and lunch than w/ dinner...is anyone else experiencing this? I would have thought it would have been reversed and I'd be able to eat less in the mornings.

I will have my next fill in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to having more restriction. I also have not had any problems eating anything, so far. I just yesterday started adding back in bread, rice, Pasta and red meat, though, so we'll see.

I have a 10 ml (cc) band and have 2 mls (cc) in it. I can eat a lot more than I should be but I notice there are some things which do make me feel restricted. I have my 2nd fill next week and I'm a bit worried that I might have done some damage to myself during the last 3 weeks of eating pretty much what I want. Then again it could just be my fat belly !! :welldoneclap: You sound like you have good restriction Cindy. I want to have at least 4-5 mls (cc) in my band after that fill. I don't want to be sick or PBing but I certainly don't want to be able to fit in that extra mouthful.

One other problem I have is I find it hard to throw something out when I'm full. For example, today I had a big toasted sandwich and was full after 1/2 - 2/3 but waited a few minutes and finished it. Silly me for sure.

I have 5 cc in a 10cc band.

For the last few weeks I had been worrying that I was doing something wrong, I could eat a whole sandwich, 2 slices of pizza, 4 hot wings pretty much anything and as much as I wanted. Basically no difference than before my band.

Then after my last fill, I could tell the difference. After an ounce or two of solid food I feel full, and if I take that one last bite I wind up over the sink and paying for it. Now, I'm not hungry and really need to start eating differently ,basically do what I was told. Protein first and a powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury drink twice a day.

The restriction that I have right now is helping me to get to a better mindset, make healthier food decisions. If I know I'm only going to be able to eat two ounces at a time I better make the most of it.

My doctor is happy to give me a little more every two weeks, but I don't think I'll keep my next apt. For now I'm at a comfortable spot.

That sounds exactly what I'm hoping for teresajo. I'm finding it so hard to stick with small portions right now... bandsters hell, never thought it would happen to me.

No restriction whatsoever. I can eat whatever I want. I'll give an example...back a couple weeks ago when we went out to visit Rich's son and I said I had had a "bad" day? I ate freaking 4 slices of pizza. Now, in my defense, this is the most delicious pizza I have ever had in my entire life and I haven't had it in a couple YEARS. But that was still more than I should have eaten.

I got back on track after that, thank goodness. I watch my calories, but I'm STARVING between meals. I stay full for usually an hour, up to 2 hours at the most.

I look forward to my fill on the 23rd (same day as Sades). It'll be nice to be able to STOP at less than a cup of food.

I have had one fill of 4cc in the 10cc AP band. This sounds like what you have HB--some Dr's leave it filled w/ 3cc after surgery and then add 1cc for the first fill. Mine was unfilled after surgery and he put in 4cc for the first one. This is the new band...there's a very informative thread started on this if you search the site for "new ap band".

I am feeling restriction, but I don't think I have quite enough yet. I still have to stop myself sometimes when I think I've eaten enough. Then, 20 minutes later I actually feel full. I'm following all the rules with eating slowly and chew chew chewing, but I don't always have the physical cues. I can also eat more @ Breakfast and lunch than w/ dinner...is anyone else experiencing this? I would have thought it would have been reversed and I'd be able to eat less in the mornings.

I will have my next fill in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to having more restriction. I also have not had any problems eating anything, so far. I just yesterday started adding back in bread, rice, Pasta and red meat, though, so we'll see.

Crispy-

Funny you should mention not eating as much at dinner. This is exactly what happens to me. I wake up starving in the morning and can eat a really good breakfast. Come dinner time, I am lucky that I can get in 2 oz of Protein and some veggies. Weird!

Cindy

I have a 10 ml (cc) band and have 2 mls (cc) in it. I can eat a lot more than I should be but I notice there are some things which do make me feel restricted. I have my 2nd fill next week and I'm a bit worried that I might have done some damage to myself during the last 3 weeks of eating pretty much what I want. Then again it could just be my fat belly !! :smile: You sound like you have good restriction Cindy. I want to have at least 4-5 mls (cc) in my band after that fill. I don't want to be sick or PBing but I certainly don't want to be able to fit in that extra mouthful.

One other problem I have is I find it hard to throw something out when I'm full. For example, today I had a big toasted sandwich and was full after 1/2 - 2/3 but waited a few minutes and finished it. Silly me for sure.

Sades-

Old habits die hard. I am the same way! I pay for the last bit I put in my mouth because then I feel a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving and I hurt. I do not want to stretch the pouch out so I am really trying to concentrate on listening to my body. I really never knew how hard it would be to try to do that. I don't think my mind has caught up with my body because the mind is still playing tricks on me. I hope that I can begin to listen to the queues that I am getting about being full. I think the years of overeating have really caught up to me in the this leg of the journey.

Who knew how hard this was going to be. We can only do our best! Keep the chin up.

Cindy

I had my 1st fill 3 days ago (3 cc's) and feel no restriction at all. Very disappointing! I was hoping for restriction to decrease portions--mine are way too big, also finding it hard not to drink and eat at the same meal. I don't have another fill appt for 8 weeks bc my MD is so busy, but if I still don't feel any restriction by the end of the week, I'm going to call and try to get something earlier. I could live with the 6 weeks between the procedure and fill #1, but this is getting ridicules--why have the band if it isn't working?

Thanks for this thread, it's helpful to hear what others are going through.

Caryn

I was banded on 11/6 and had my first fill on 1/3 (2cc in a 10cc band, dr did not put anything at the time of surgery.) I am really struggling as I feel hungry all the time, the same battle I was fighting before the band. My dr wants a month with less than 5 lbs lost before he fill each time. So, I am frustrated that I will have to endure a month of feeling hungry before the next fill. Am trying to follow the "rules" but it's hard when you're hungry all time. I find myself rushing through meals because I'm hungry and making some bad choices because I'm hungry. I also find myself obsessing about food because I'm hungry.....anyone struggling with the thought of food all the time??

Penny

I was banded 11/30/07 and have not had a fill yet. I don't go in until 1/23/08 due to children's appointments interfering. I am not feeling much restriction, but would really like my feel. My weight loss has slowed down to almost nothing and that is making it just be a diet! I'm currently a little frustrated and hope my exercising makes the difference. I am ready for a fill!

I have a 10cc band. It was prefilled with 4cc during surgery. 2.2 cc were added at my first fill. I feel that I do have restriction, but not as much as I probably need.

Sades-

Old habits die hard. I am the same way! I pay for the last bit I put in my mouth because then I feel a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving and I hurt. I do not want to stretch the pouch out so I am really trying to concentrate on listening to my body. I really never knew how hard it would be to try to do that. I don't think my mind has caught up with my body because the mind is still playing tricks on me. I hope that I can begin to listen to the queues that I am getting about being full. I think the years of overeating have really caught up to me in the this leg of the journey.

Who knew how hard this was going to be. We can only do our best! Keep the chin up.

Cindy

These last 3 weeks have been the worst. I guess we were warned by the older bandsters but you really don't know until it happens to you. I must say I watched what I was doing today and actually stopped eating when I was full rather than finish what was on my plate... there is a little restriction but I have been overriding that because I can.

Penny I know how you feel and once you allow yourself to start eating you just keep going and going, especially if you eat the bad carbs. I am being semi good, starting the day with a Protein shake and eating food for my other meals. The killer for me is the evening. Oh and of course, I make sure I exercise every day.