Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting BMI over 50? come on in!

:biggrin:HI!

I am new here. And can't remember my starting BMI, but pretty sure it nearly at 60..maybe 59.something. Still recouperating from the surgery to place the band and have a had a very good first week post-op! Look forward to chatting with you all. Lots of questions coming up, I know!

Congratulations on your surgery. Glad to hear all went well and you had a good first week. That's encouraging to me...expecting surgery this summer....Augustish. Keep us posted on how you are doing. :confused_smile:

Well, thought I would check in... It's awesome to hear of everyone's progress. I just had my third fill and it definately did something! I'm excited, I think I'll hit my sweet spot in the next two fills. That's my guess.

I love this thread. So nice to read about people who are similar to me! Thanks guys for posting!

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself cos' I just found this thread and am loving it. I was 366 at my highest, lost about 10 lbs presurgery, was banded on 12/26/07 and have since lost 83 lbs. with 4 fills and one partial unfill. Am very happy with my success so far but in the past couple weeks have started to lose my focus and drive...I'm thinking it's cos' life isn't so hard anymore, even though I still weigh 283 lots of things are easier to do so I'm not constantly being reminded of why I started this journey. Any advice or tips to get back on track with the exercise and eating habits would be much appreciated cos' I'm starting to get scared that I'm falling into a really bad pattern of behavior. Thanks in advance and congrats to all you Super Big Losers! Love and peace to all. KKG

I AM A 29 YEAR OLD NEWLY BANDED TEXAS DIVA. I WEIGHED IN AT 588LBS. ON MY SURGERY DATE 05/14/08 AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I HAVE LOST 22 LBS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IS THIS TYPICALLY HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOSE OR WILL IT SLOW DOWN, MY GOAL IS TO LOSE AT LEAST 100 LBS. IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS. IS IT POSSIBLE???????:(

I AM A 29 YEAR OLD NEWLY BANDED TEXAS DIVA. I WEIGHED IN AT 588LBS. ON MY SURGERY DATE 05/14/08 AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I HAVE LOST 22 LBS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IS THIS TYPICALLY HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOSE OR WILL IT SLOW DOWN, MY GOAL IS TO LOSE AT LEAST 100 LBS. IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS. IS IT POSSIBLE???????:(

Hi Lovelylady!

It might not slow down since you started higher than most lap banders. But don't be concerned if it does. I was banded 1/29/08 and have lost 71 since my highest and 51 since surgery. I go up and the down and up again. I do weigh everyday and feel I need to do that for my own sanity. I work out everyday and I think that has helped a lot. If you can add some kind of physical exercise it will help keep you from stalling. Even if you can do something from a chair... therabands are great for that.

Good Luck and Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Hello everyone. I made a new group for all who started at a BMI of 60 and over.

All who did should join so I can make a forum for all 60 and over :cool2:

Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - BMI 60 & Over

Join away. :(:thumbup:

Hello everyone. I made a new group for all who started at a BMI of 60 and over.

All who did should join so I can make a forum for all 60 and over :wink2:

Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - BMI 60 & Over

Join away. :(:thumbup:

I made the forum since someone joined.:cool2::biggrin2:

BMI 60 & Over - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

:w00t:

Edited by froggi1985

Great!

I think this is a great idea!

Thanks!

I AM A 29 YEAR OLD NEWLY BANDED TEXAS DIVA. I WEIGHED IN AT 588LBS. ON MY SURGERY DATE 05/14/08 AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I HAVE LOST 22 LBS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IS THIS TYPICALLY HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOSE OR WILL IT SLOW DOWN, MY GOAL IS TO LOSE AT LEAST 100 LBS. IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS. IS IT POSSIBLE???????:P

Hi LovelyLady,

Yes, I do think it is possible and I think there are things you can do to help yourself with your goal.

I realized that at almost 400 lbs to begin, I had to do more than just control portions and food choices. I chose to forego a new car and get a personal trainer and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. At 10 months and a week from surgery I have rid myself of 124 lbs. I also know that becasue my trainer takes my measurements and calculates my bodyfat that over 90% of that is fat.

Yes, you absolutly can reach that goal. Yes, it will take lots of effort. YES, it is so worth it!

Best wishes,

Mary

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself ...Any advice or tips to get back on track with the exercise and eating habits would be much appreciated cos' I'm starting to get scared that I'm falling into a really bad pattern of behavior. Thanks in advance and congrats to all you Super Big Losers! Love and peace to all. KKG

Hi KKG,

Welcome!

KISS, keep is super simple. Every day renew your commitment and continue to do the things you know work.

• Stay hydrated...especially important now tha summer is upon us.
  • Eat within the bandster rules..they work.
  • Keep doing your headwork...this is one of the most important steps, it takes time to deprogram our old habits and negative thougths and reprogram with new habits and positive thinking.
  • Exercise. If you only have time for a little, make it cardio, otherwise cario and resistance (weight training). Just get up and do it, once you are out the door...that is the hard part.
  • When you stumble, no guilt, if guilty - forgive yourself. Get up and do the things you have been doing well...again.
  • Stay connected to support, a live in person group, this forum and especially your family and friends.

I know it seeims like a simple list, but completing the list every day will keep you on track and moving forward to reach your goal.

Kelly, you can do this!

Cheers,

Mary

:biggrin:HI!

I am new here. And can't remember my starting BMI, but pretty sure it nearly at 60..maybe 59.something. Still recouperating from the surgery to place the band and have a had a very good first week post-op! Look forward to chatting with you all. Lots of questions coming up, I know!

Hi Anita,

Welcome and congrats on your surgery. Keep up the positive attitude!

Cheers,

Mary

Hi KKG,

Welcome!

KISS, keep is super simple. Every day renew your commitment and continue to do the things you know work.

• Stay hydrated...especially important now tha summer is upon us.
  • Eat within the bandster rules..they work.
  • Keep doing your headwork...this is one of the most important steps, it takes time to deprogram our old habits and negative thougths and reprogram with new habits and positive thinking.
  • Exercise. If you only have time for a little, make it cardio, otherwise cario and resistance (weight training). Just get up and do it, once you are out the door...that is the hard part.
  • When you stumble, no guilt, if guilty - forgive yourself. Get up and do the things you have been doing well...again.
  • Stay connected to support, a live in person group, this forum and especially your family and friends.

I know it seeims like a simple list, but completing the list every day will keep you on track and moving forward to reach your goal.

Kelly, you can do this!

Cheers,

Mary

Mary, thanks so much for those kind and inspirational words of wisdom...you can't know how much it helps me to have this kind of support! I just want to tell you what an inspiration your success is to me! When I decided to get the band I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to lose as much weight as I needed and thought I maybe should have done bypass instead but then I noticed that they are plenty of people that have lost MORE weight than what I need to lose and that convinced me that it CAN be done! And I know I WILL DO IT Too!!! So thanks a million and keep up your awesome momentum and success. Also, how did you go about finding a personal trainer cos' I am looking to have someone come to me (I HATE gyms) at my home but don't know where to start looking...any tips would be appreciated. Much love, KKG

Great!

I think this is a great idea!

Thanks!

Tied2BeFit...I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your screen name!!! When I first read it I was like oh that's cute cos' she switched it around from Fit2Btied...but then I realized it's actual meaning "Tied (meaning the band) 2 Be Fit (losing weight to get healthy)" and I just think that is so darn clever and wanted to let you know! Much love, KKG

Tied2BeFit...I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your screen name!!! When I first read it I was like oh that's cute cos' she switched it around from Fit2Btied...but then I realized it's actual meaning "Tied (meaning the band) 2 Be Fit (losing weight to get healthy)" and I just think that is so darn clever and wanted to let you know! Much love, KKG

Thanks Kelly!

I had other ideas but this was my most favorite.

On Obesity Help my name is Iam_with_the_Band.

Tied2bfit is still my fave.

You know you have done very well with your weight loss!

You can be very proud of yourself!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this forum!