Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Memphis,Tn LapBand talk

hello ,I am a newbie here. I have my first appt at dr woodman's office on oct 3 .my best friend was banded by dr woodman in 2004 .she says that dr woodman is great doctor .but he is very out spoken and he is not shy about telling what he thinks.but he definetly knows his stuff. she has been helping with my paper work but she says they have made alot of changes since she first started.I just made an appt with the pysch dr on poplar. what am I to acccept in the asstment .what do they ask you ?? I would appericate any info .thanks for your time

They ask questions that to me are no right or wrong answers. I'm sure there just looking for things that are for your own benefit. Just have fun while your in there and be yourself.

I called Dr. Woodman's office and I am going to the seminar on the 16th, but still nervous. I want to have it done by the first of November.

Hello everyone I am not from Memphis but I am from west TN I am going to have my banding Dec 4 2006 in Nashville at Baptist with Dr Morton. It is nice to know I have some more people in west TN. I have BC/BS and it is paying for all of mine. I am not sure about my fills. I am very excited.

Hi,my name is Chelle, I have not yet been banded,but am interested. I have an Dr. appointment on 12/17/2007 to get a referal for Lap Band. I can hardly wait til this day arrive. I was reading the blogs that were posted and I see that there a lot of success stories. I am a full time student and a mother and am looking to lose 100+ pounds. Does anyone know of a good surgeon here? How long does it take after getting your refferal? How many steps does it take b-4 the actual procedure takes place? If antbody can assist me on this please do I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

:rolleyesHi! Chelle again, I reside in Memphis, Tn. It would be great to hear from people that reside in Memphis as well. Although all post are very exciting to read.:whoo:Keep up the good work and Please keep blogging. Thanks

Hi,my name is Chelle, I have not yet been banded,but am interested. I have an Dr. appointment on 12/17/2007 to get a referal for Lap Band. I can hardly wait til this day arrive. I was reading the blogs that were posted and I see that there a lot of success stories. I am a full time student and a mother and am looking to lose 100+ pounds. Does anyone know of a good surgeon here? How long does it take after getting your refferal? How many steps does it take b-4 the actual procedure takes place? If antbody can assist me on this please do I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

The well know doctors in Memphis are

Dr. George Woodman - met him very straight forward - no sense of humor .:paranoidBut lots of people in Memphis go to him.

Dr. Weaver - Heard a lot about her but never met her.

Dr. Madan :eek:( he has stopped seeing new patients- because he will be relocating to FL)

Dr. Tichansky- MY DOC.:) He is with UT Medical Group - partner of Dr. Madan

Melissa

The well know doctors in Memphis are

Dr. George Woodman - met him very straight forward - no sense of humor .:paranoidBut lots of people in Memphis go to him.

Dr. Weaver - Heard a lot about her but never met her.

Dr. Madan :eek:( he has stopped seeing new patients- because he will be relocating to FL)

Dr. Tichansky- MY DOC.:) He is with UT Medical Group - partner of Dr. Madan

Melissa

Yep, those are the ones! Just wanted to add that from many of the accounts that I've heard, Dr. Woodman's a bit of an ass. Definitely a good surgeon, but an ass. I've met former patients of his in the waiting room at my doc's office (Dr. Weaver is my doc), and they've switched docs because he's been downright nasty when they've gone in for checkups after surgery. Apparently, he frequently makes patients cry, so if you're a sensitive person, I wouldn't necessarily go with him.

I really cannot believe that some one is going to pour out $17,000 of their hard earned money for a lap band which does not work. I had the lap band in June 2007. I have not lose any weight with it. It is totally worthless. Save your money - have the gastric bypass done instead. You might as well take your $17,000 to Vegas and blow it on a slot machine that go throught the pain of the lap band. Put you cash in the middle of your living room, pour lighter Fluid on it, and light it up = same results with having the scars on your stomach forever.

Amen!

I really cannot believe that some one is going to pour out $17,000 of their hard earned money for a lap band which does not work. I had the lap band in June 2007. I have not lose any weight with it. It is totally worthless. Save your money - have the gastric bypass done instead. You might as well take your $17,000 to Vegas and blow it on a slot machine that go throught the pain of the lap band. Put you cash in the middle of your living room, pour lighter Fluid on it, and light it up = same results with having the scars on your stomach forever.

Amen!

Wow.... I had to read this a couple of times to make sure that you weren't kidding. I'm very sorry, it sounds like you have not had a very good experience at all. Have you had adjustments? If so, how did that go? Do you currently have restriction?

If you and your surgeon are on a different page, then you might want to consider contacting the Fill Center USA location in Memphis. Maybe you can get the doctor there to help get the lapband working for you.

The Lapband does work, I'm living proof. I think it can work for you too, but it may require seeing a different doctor to help things get started.

Hang in there! Good luck, and if you're ever in the Nashville area I have a couple of names of docs that would be happy to see you.

Tricia

I am a patient of Dr. Woodmans. He is doing a trial and I am part of it. You guys have him pegged though. He isn't very personable! He is strict and expects perfection.......which of course, I am not! We are required to do things a bit differently...according to the trial.......so it'll be interesting to see if the differences help us or hurt us. There are about 30 people in the trial, which is for people with BMI's of 30-35. Mine is 30.4. I have 55 pounds to lose (according to Dr. Woodman), but honestly I think that is too much weight to lose for me. He is so strict though, he'll probably fill that band up so nothing will go down if I don't lose the weight! LOL!

Who does the fills at Dr. Weaver's office?

at UT medical where Dr. Madan used to be before he moved?

I know that Dr. Woodman did most of his until recently he know has a nurse practitioner that sees patients and does them also.:rolleyes2:

Who does the fills at Dr. Weaver's office?

at UT medical where Dr. Madan used to be before he moved?

I know that Dr. Woodman did most of his until recently he know has a nurse practitioner that sees patients and does them also.:rolleyes2:

Dr. Weaver does my fills. She had her nurse in the room with her, but she's always been the one to do it.

Hey Memphis Lady!:tt2:

Just saw your post and wanted to introduce myself. I am a fellow Memphian and also seeing Dr. Woodman. I am in the final stages of turning everything in to his office and waiting on a date. Were you able to find 'better deal' since you are a self-pay? I am very blessed that my insurance will cover this surgery although to my knowledge they cover no office visits, fill or post op general stuff. Where are you in the process now? Hope to keep in touch - since we're neighbors!! :thumbup:

I turn my final paperwork in tomorrow! :redface: Dr. Woodman's office told me it could be 2 wks to 12 wks before getting an approval from my insurance. Do any of you who are Dr. Woodmans patient know if he requires a specific weight loss before surgery? If so, how much and does he do the liquid pre-op diet like some surgeons? I worry that I haven't lost enough. My 6 month Dr. supervised diet only produced a 14 lb. loss for me. :hurt: Thanks!