Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello out there.........yawn

Well, it's about 3 AM. Anyone else up? Surgery, and all the subsequent pain relievers and naps have messed with my sleeping. Comes in two hour chunks the last couple of days. Sleeping in bed is tough cause it seems like I wake up from the soreness whenever I turn over. So, I spend about half the time in my recliner and seem to nap OK there. Initially I didn't have any of the gas problems I read so much about, but then about 18 hours ago I began to feel it some. Not too bad though (yet). Took a couple of short walks yesterday which is supposed to help. I'm glad I have this week off work. How much time off does everyone else have? How long before you felt like you were really starting to feel normal again? At this point, I'd say my biggest issue is just the soreness at the incisions whenever I move around. How about you?

Hang in there all-- healing is a process.

Jim :notagree

Hi Jim, I am up because i work third shift three days a week and first shift the other two. Strange i know. Walk as much as you can the first few days. It really helps. Glad you are doing ok. The soreness does not last too long. I am almost six months out not and i really love my band. Donna

I've been up for a while here this morning too Jim. The gas pain is really getting to me today. My house does not give me much room to walk. I'm waiting for the sun to come up so I can go outside. I took a warm shower and have been sitting up for about an hour now with no relief. Gosh I hope this passes soon.....if it weren't for the gas I'd feel great.

Hey Jim -

Can totally relate. sleeping has been difficult. For the gas pains one thing that did help for me was using a heating pad. It has been 1 week today!!! And I would say the gas pain was most severe yesterday - up in my shoulder area! Ooooowwwww! I am feeling great this a.m. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Hi all. I'm a little over three weeks out and I haven't had a good night sleep since the night before my surgery. I'm a side/belly sleeper, so sleeping on my back (even with a cloud of pillows to prop me up) has been a real pain in the ass...and back...and neck! The gas pain subsided for me around the 1-1/2 to 2 week mark. I paced back and forth in my apartment and pretty much had my heating pad glued to me. It does get better though. I find that everyday I feel better and better, and so will you!

Mornin Jim, hope this finds ya doin a lil better. I see what I have to look forward to Feb. 5th. Hang in there, I'm sure like everything else the discomfort will subside. I'll continue to moniter your progress as I'm right behind ya!

Hiya, Jim!

I also have disturbed sleep patterns since I was banded a few days before you were. That's getting a little better. My worst thing right now is the incision soreness around my port site. I can't even feel the other incisions...so I guess things are going well on my end. I'm assuming we'll all be normal again real soon. :ranger:

Hey Steve-- thanks. I dozed for a couple more hours and feel pretty good now. I have to drive to KC for my "band study" today so I'm just going with the "plain" Tylenol so I can stay awake! All in all things have been great, and they will be for you as well! Trust me, 2/5 will be here before you know it. Do you have a pre-op diet? Jim

Try the gas x. I had the strips but found the chewables worked better. Walking for me didn't work, I walked around the block a total of 8 blocks and all I got was tired.

Then Thursday night, 4 days after the surgery, the floodgates opened so to speak.

Jim,

Like Chrisann, I used the Gas X strips and they did help. I think getting up and walking and moving about helped the most. I have been sleeping in the recliner since surg "jan3", it is just to uncomfortable to get out of the bed. Still having port side pain, but that is about all. I took two weeks off work. I work at a hospital and do alot of patient moving. so I dont go back until the 20th of Jan. I am getting bored already. Take care.

Lois

Hi all,

I'm in Australia and don't think we have gas-x but we have De-gas capsules which usually work for me when I feel bloated. I stocked up for after my surgery next week. Hope my recovery is as good as yours seems.

Hi everybody. This is my first post. My band was placed January 4th and so far so good. The first couple of days with the gas pain was horrendous, and I still have some, but mostly I feel pretty good. I can tell if I have lifted too much during the day. My dr has me on full liquids for three weeks. HA. You never miss chewing until you can't chew! But so far, with the help of my extremely supportive husband, I am making it through. Good luck to everyone and hope everyone is doing well.

I too have had disturbed sleep patterns. I consistently wake up at about 2:30 each morning, I'll get out of bed and go to the bathroom and drink some Water. After I do that I can fall right back to sleep.