Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's for the Merry Losers

:thumbup:I haven't lost that many lbs. but I've gone down 3 sizes and am fitting into the 4th (tightly!). 24 to a loose 18, 16 here I come.

- I can cross my legs!!

- My chiropractor asked my husband how he was enjoying 'his new girlfriend'. :Dancing_wub:

- I'm getting so many 'uh, did you change your hair? ' or 'Oh, I didn't recognize you' comments my face hurts from grinning so much.

I LOVE my band even tho it drives me crazy!!

I have a NSV that really made me happy.

I went shopping today to an outlet mall close to me.

I needed a few new shorts for golf.

I have already gone through my saved "smaller sizes" and was really ready to buy something new.

Well, for years I have been in the plus sizes, as so many of you can relate.

I cautiously picked up a pair of size 16 bermuda shorts and headed to try them on - all the while thinking "I know that salesperson thinks I will never get into them - I should be over in plus sizes."

But I was shocked. They fit and were even a bit loose. Thinking I wanted them to fit for a while, I slipped backout onto the floor and picked up a size 14 just to see how snug they were.

I could absolutely not believe - they fit! I can lose and they will work for a while.

So, today was a red letter day for me.

Thanks for the post - so I could toot my own horn.

Heaven knows - it's been a long time.

Down 59 lbs. and loving it.

C.N.

OMG!! I forgot...FORGOT...to eat lunch yesterday!! Just like a slim person apparently does!! I've had friends tell me that they forgot to eat a meal before but I don't think I believed them, hehe. So yesterday afternoon, I'm waiting for the plane home and suddenly remembered that my lunch was still sitting in the fridge at work and I had completely forgotten to eat it - and I still wasn't hungry!! How cool is that??

FORGOT TO EAT?! Band or no band, that will never happen for me. I just love eating--smaller portions or not, everything food related makes me happy--shopping for it, preparing it, finding new recipes. I realized it was probably a sickness when my family heard about all of my favorite tv shows--mostly on the Food network!

I'm so excited to find this thread because I haven't had a whole lot of victories on the scale. I'm working out at least 5 or 6 days a week and actually enjoy it. I am truly off for a day when I miss it. (There's a huge victory for me!) I'm only down about 30 pounds since I embarked on the entire journey, but I look and feel a thousand times better. I've been hesitant to try on my clothes from the last time I lost weight and I found out (BIG GRIN) that I waited too long. My clothes that have been hiding in my guest room closet are too large. My old 20's (from 2 years ago--so they're still in style!) are just going to work for a little while. I'm looking forward to getting new spring/summer clothes now.

Have any of you found any good places to send clothes that are still relatively new when they're too large? When I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, I donated most of my old suits and work clothes to a women's shelter...as we all know, finding large sized clothes can be hard enough, but not enough of us donating career clothes. I typically wear dress trousers and blouses, occasionally suits to work, so my clothes are relatively expensive and well made. I am fortuantely in a position to buy a few key pieces to get me through, season to season, without worry...but I'd love to find somewhere to give these clothes to. I'm now down another pant size and have 3 different sizes of the staples--a great black suit, a few pairs of pinstripes, etc.....most have only been worn for the past month and a half. What to do with these?! I no longer have contact with the women's shelter and would hate to donate to Morgan Memorial/Goodwill because they SELL the clothes. I want to donate to someone who gives them away.

Have a great day. Thank you for everyone who has posted to this thread. It's made my day. :tongue_smilie:

ME! you can send them to me...lol

I am so bad with clothes. The pants I wear to work. I have 2 safty pins so they dont fall down lol

I know you're probably just partially joking, but having some sort of way to give clothes to others in the same situation isn't such a bad idea... :rolleyes2:

I was joking...lol...kinda...I am still in 28's I have some 26's but I dont think I have anythnig under that...and it makes me woried that I am going to have to work clothes into my budget.

Thankfully my work is good about the casual dress. Office casual.

If I had to be dressy I would be in trouble. lol

I wish I could forget to eat!!! I'm still obsessed with food!

But the last week has been a great time for me because I keep getting all these people walking next to me saying things like, "You sure are looking good these days." and walking off. I just say thank you and smile. ... and maybe walk a little taller. It feels so good to have that happen.

And even though I am MORE THAN HAPPILY married, men have started making eye contact and smiling more. And what woman doesn't want to at least be noticed????

My confidence is 1000% increased....and yes....I meant that many zeros!

Stephanie,

It's easier to make eye contact with you now that you're facing the world head on, with your head held high. I'm sure many of you have noticed more people smiling at you. I would prefer to keep this positive and think that it's not that more people are smiling, but that we're just now noticing...but truth be told, we all know how people look at obese people. Is it because we're larger or because we've been unhappy?!

I'm with you with my preoccupation of food, though. I realized last night that I usually plan my next meal WHILE eating. Scary, huh? The band won't make me lose my interest in food--just the amount I eat!

Hehehe, don't get me wrong, folks. I'm usually still just as obsessed with food, which was why it was such a surprise to discover I had forgotten!! Still, I really have noticed a great lessening of the hunger daemon since my last fill - YAY!

Wow, this thread has dropped off the radar, but I'm bringing it back with not one but TWO NSV's!!

1. I went on my first date in 15 months on the weekend and it was wonderful!! We met for coffee mid afternoon, talked for hours, went for a walk and ended up going out to dinner. Late in the afternoon, the lapband came up in conversation and he said he couldn't believe that I was ever heavy and that I was (and I quote!) "dropdead gorgeous right now and if I lose more weight I'd be blinding!" Over the top but MAN was that nice to hear!

2. We WALKED! For an HOUR! Down the port waterfront, out on the sea wall, across town, all over - and I DIDN'T GET OUT OF BREATH OR EVEN BREAK A SWEAT!! That was before the lapband came up and he never even suspected that 9 months ago, I couldn't walk to the end of the block and still hold a conversation at the same time!

WHOOHOOO! I feel GREAT!! :crying:

Well so much for that little bubble of happiness. :thumbup: I just got the email to say that I was too beautiful, too sexy, too intelligent, too passionate about life and altogether too wonderful and that, in spite of the fact that we had a fabulous time together and he thoroughly enjoyed the day, apparently I frightened the shit out of him, he doesn't think he could handle it and he doesn't want to pursue it. WTF!!! :confused2:

After all these years of being the fat pig that guys wanna bonk but don't want to get to know, now I'm too beautiful to pursue?? May be I should go back to being a fat pig eh? :thumbup: