Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's for the Merry Losers

This is one from last week, and I'm pretty sure I posted it elsewhere, but as of last Sunday night I've lost 25.5 inches since my pre-op diet began on Dec 3rd (a little under 8 weeks - 6 weeks since surgery). Each thigh was down 2.5", bust -3", hips -3.5", and waist -3.75! I was thrilled because I wasn't losing weight at that point, so it was nice to see that there has been dramatic change even without the scale.

I don't squish into the steering wheel when I drive, and my seat belt is easier to put on.

I'm only using a cane or walking poles on longer walks, not when I'm grocery shopping.

The pants I bought at 280 pounds but wore tightly at nearly 350 are now feeling a lot more comfortable. (I'm making the lycra happy, :))

The NSV's keep coming. Yesterday, I had to order new bras. I have gone down another size. I started in a 44D and now will be in a 38D.

I also found two more pair of pants in my closet that I can now wear and both of them still had the tags attached. Had to have bought them 8-10 years ago. Also had a box in the bottom of my drawer that when I cleaned out one of the closets in the beginning of my journey were too small and needed hemming. Well, one pair of the jeans fell off me when I tried them on Right to the charity bag they went.

Okay...long story...can't make it much shorter.....

My DH bought fleece vests for his business. At Christmas he gave them to the bookkeeper and all his mechanics' wives. He bought me an L. I have always worn a men's xl or xxl. I said I would wear the L in the spring when I didn't need my winter coat anymore. It came and it was HUGE. I told him I needed a med. He had some more made and bought me another L. I reminded him and he apologized. He had me try on the smalls he had made for my mother and sister in law. I laughed and rolled my eyes.....and tried it on. IT FIT!!!! Okay, it was a little small but not smaller than the clothes I was squeezing myself into before surgery.

I fit into a men's small!!!!! Small I say!!!! I fit!!!!! How great does that feel!!!

Thanks Chris. I'm starting to get my head back in the game. I've been more into things this last few days. You've been doing great lately too. Let us know what all has been going on lately on the ML main thread. It's time to get caught up :regular_smile:

I'm a pear person. And most of the pear is in the back. So when I sit around the conference table I usually lean on the table because to sit with my back touching the back of the chairs is uncomfortable because I have to lean back beyond the butt. I feel like I'm reclined backwards, but with no back support. Anyway, today I unthinking leaned back. Whoa! I was upright like everyone else!

I've also lost a bunch of inches. Had to poke a new hole in my belt today, two inches tighter than the last poked hole. I'm keeping this belt forever. I want it to wrap around twice!

I bought a pair of jeans last weekend, purposely bought them tight (but no tighter than the biggest pair I had before surgery). They are two sizes smaller than my pre-surgery jeans. And they are slightly looser today than they were when I bought them on Saturday. They were such a good deal...under $10 at Penney's Outlet. Wish I'd bought two or three more pairs in the next smaller sizes, to "ungrow" into. I love that they come up to my waist and don't have huge legs.

I was cleaning my jeans out of my dressers or I tried on my favorite pair from pre-op and I couldn't believe it they were so loose around the waist for the butt and thigh area was the loosest I showed my DH and he said I told you so(about my legs and butt) I didn't believe him after trying those pants on I believe him now.

I got the bean exerise bag and did the 7 min abs tonight for the first time not to bad really see if I can get some of this gut off now.

Today was the first day that some that I hadn't told about the surgery actually asked "Have you lost weight?" Whoohoo!! It's finally noticeable!

I told myself that I wasnt going to buy any pants till I loose alota weight but I couldnt help myself and purchased 1 pants this weekend.

I used to wear 44 and was sometime tight, so I bought me a pair of 40 and they fit and little loose... cant wait to fit into 36/38 again.

Last time I wore that size... I was in college =O wow that was many years ago but I was still chubby then....maybe size 32 in future =P

Drum roll, please. My NSV occurred last week. I fit in the airplane coach seat and the seat belt fit with room to spare. No more seat belt extenders for me. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. I have been using one for almost 10 years. I was and am still so excited.

Oh Man! That is the best NSV!!

Here are mine:

• Able to put my shoes on without passing out
  • My pants are almost falling off
  • I am wearing a shirt today that I haven't worn in 7 years
  • I can now shop at other stores besides Catherine's and the Avenue (other stores didn't go above size 28)
  • I walk longer without gasping for air
  • My friend hugged me and said she has never gotten her arms that far around
  • I went for my 2nd fill and found out I lost 13 lbs since the beginning of January!
  • Can't wait to get on that airplane and try that damn seatbelt!!