Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fellow Twenty's!!!

Sure. Why not Ashley.

Hi everyone, true true this is a nice idea! Thought I would ask a question to begin discussion.

What was everyone's biggest motivation to going through with the Band? ( other than health!)

Mine was simply wanting and needing to be different once I graduated from University.

Hi everyone I am 28 years old so not in the twenties group for long , lol my turning point was when my DD ask me why I can't look like my old Prom pic. I was crushed I don't want my kids ashamed of me and trying to hide me, so this is for myself and my 2 little girls

See my thing is that I have always been overweight and I was ALWAYS confident and comfortable with myself. I know that I was beautiful then and I will always be. My health was an issue..I have family members with heart disease and hypertension and I myself had hypertension at 19. I have come off my blood pressure pills now and I am so glad!! And the comment about the prom pic...in mine I am big blonde and beautiful...lol as long as you have confidence in yourself everyone else will too!! I love me and I would never change myself had it not been for health reasons!! But I am glad I did it and I feel better and its great!!

Hi everyone. I'm 28 years old.

My other reasons for having surgery other than health were mainly just to do normal things. I used to be a lot more active. I love amusement parks, but I don't go anymore b/c I am afraid of being embarrassed that I won't fit into rides.

I am tired of being the fat friend or the fattest friend. I love to shop but I want to be able to shop in stores my friends do instead of being the clothes rack or purse holder.

And I want to be more confidant and comfortable in my skin.

Hey ya'll my name is Angela and im 21. Just started out with the process. i start my 6 month diet on tuesday. Its nice to see a spot just for us.

Hey Everyone, awsome Idea!!! I am 26, and also have been heavy forever, I did this for myself and no one else.. I have major insecurities with my weight and body.. BUT>> I am kickin ass and takin names cuz the fat is leavin the belly LOL!! For most of us, no matter what we weigh 110-500lbs we will always be fat people, and ya know what, thats ok cuz we are tolerant and loving unlike most of the skiny biznatches we grew up idolizing:D... Ok so anyway im a very sarcastic person, i love to joke, so this is just my way of sayin hi and congrats to everyone 20+ that has taken the bandster ride!!! Finaly somthing that works!

Ok on a serious note, anyone here had trouble getting on a scale? It freeks me the hell out!! Let me know:)

Care Bear

See my thing is that I have always been overweight and I was ALWAYS confident and comfortable with myself. I know that I was beautiful then and I will always be. My health was an issue..I have family members with heart disease and hypertension and I myself had hypertension at 19. I have come off my blood pressure pills now and I am so glad!! And the comment about the prom pic...in mine I am big blonde and beautiful...lol as long as you have confidence in yourself everyone else will too!! I love me and I would never change myself had it not been for health reasons!! But I am glad I did it and I feel better and its great!!

You know, I think I'm hot stuff too. LOL. It really is 95% about health for me. I don't want to develope other issues. And I came off of blood pressure meds. I have a hip injury that acts up from time to time. I have fibro. I have an entrapped nerve ending in my abdominal wall-- weight loss is helping with that. And other issues. I'm a freaking mess. My body went from 20 through to old age without stopping at the midpoints, I sometimes think. I want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy. A lot of pregnancy complications and so forth are related to weight-- a banded pregnancy is healthier than an overweight/obese one. I want to be able to do more physically. The bigger I got, the less I could do. There were spaces and places I was having trouble wedging myself in and I would worry about some chairs holding me up sometimes, etc. Sex positions!!!! Martial arts, etc. Falling more gracefully and having less people feel the jolt because I sure am a clutz. That sort of thing. Thats the other 5%. Now that I am working on losing the weight, etc., I've decided that I want to be able to wear standard sizes. My dream size is a size 12. Quite frankly I don't think I'm getting smaller than that. My mother is a size 10 and she is a few inches shorter than me and she is at a normal weight and normal BMI. She is sometimes a size 8 if she loses more, but then she gets bony. So that sure would be one big bonus for me. That ability to wear things I can't now. Like whole store departments. And not standing out because of my weight. I want to stand out for other things, like my gorgeous hair, my hourglass figure (soon to be thinner hourglass figure), my insightful thoughts, my skull accessories, my delight in alphabetizing, ladies footwear that is fashionable yet comfortable, whatever-- so long as it is me and not something that just happens to surround me. Thats always true. But losing weight can make it more of a reality.