Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goal Rewards

I am a bit off-centered as anyone who knows me may tell you...lol. I have decided that once I reach my personal goal (29-30 more lbs) I am getting another (my second) tattoo. It is of a certain pirate whose spirit seems to represent an awakened part of me. What are the rewards you have in mind upon reaching your personal goal?

-Wyld Blu-

My next goal is to get under 235 lbs. That is at least another 10 lbs or more. When I reach that goal I will treat myself to a full day at the spa.

My next goal is just to get back into my 18 jeans. I am in a 22 now and they are getting to the point where I can take them off without unzipping them and just slide them off. DH offered to get me jeans for Valentines Day-told him that was okay I have about 4 pair of 18 sitting in a tub from when I lost weight 2 years ago and refused to throw them out, but my big clothes are going as soon as I am out of them, I may hang them on the clothes line and burn them to make sure I don't keep them around to fall back into. When I reach my goal of 150-definetly want another tatoo!!! Got my first one this past Oct. and Love it!

A brand new wardrobe and custom-made shoes! (I have big, funky feet like bear paws, and losing weight isn't making them much better.) That's if I lose 100 lbs. -- and have made progress on paying for the band surgery. If a miracle occurs and I actually get below 150, I promised a friend I would bleach my salt & pepper hair to platinum. I'm afraid I'll look like a tired old hooker, but what the hell!

I've been rewarding myself with clothes all along the way. You learn pretty quickly, though, that it doesn't pay to invest in quality, since they get too big over the course of a season. I have a shelf-full of sweaters from LAST winter that were a new, smaller size for me then and which are too big to wear now.

But I do have a dream item of clothing, one I've never ever been able to wear. If I ever get to a point where I can put on and comfortably wear a pair of decent BOOTS, I will happily plunk down whatever it costs. I've been dreaming of Frye boots since I was a child. Styles have changed somewhat, but something classic, durable, and good-looking will become my wardrobe staple if I can ever get them on. (Oh my god, I'm turning into my mother!!) :D

I sort of thought that being a size 12 would be all the reward I needed... I was looking farward to all the NSVs that I would collect along the way, like merit badges or blue ribbons from the county fair.

It never occured to me there would be stuff like DAY SPAS!!!!!!!

I've been thinking about this, and I have decided that after I reach my goal size I will treat myself to some professional photographs. I will probably do a glamour shot thing. The very first time I though of myself as pretty was after I treated myself to one of these photo shoots. Heck, now that I think about it, I might even have bude-wa pix taken. (I'm not even going to attempt the French word... )

So. Once I reach my goal size, Professional Photos.

I literally haven't bought any new clothes along the way... have either continued wearing the hugely baggy clothes or hand me downs... or... clothes that I saved from my trip up the scales. I think that I will go shopping for PRETTY undies when I reach the 180 mark and... I never tan... but... I may trade in my casper look just this once and get a tan! :D

Ok, so this is a late post to this, but my first goal is to lose 30 lbs. When I do I am going to the eye Dr. and getting contacts, and then I'm going to the cosmetics dept at marshall fields and I'm going to have those ladies show me how to wear makeup the RIGHT way and then I'm going to buy whatever it is that they think I need!

I haven't thought any farther ahead then that. I would love to do something for when I get to Onderland, But that's Waaaaaayyyyy down the road for me.

I want to get my hair straightened - I've got frizzy/curly/demon hair so I'd like to get the Japanese straightening done and have shiny straight hair for once in my life. I also want to get my teeth whitened - tho that'll involve dealing with a front tooth crown. I don't know if I'm going to wait till I reach a certain weight or my 40th b-day (May 4). As for my fat clothes - they're going to the Becky's House - a battered womens shelter. That's where I took all my nice suits and pants from the LAST time I lost weight.

If I got to my final goal and stayed there, I would want to reward myself with a Tummy Tuck (maybe a full body tuck at that point) but when I get my first job teaching I am going to buy myself a horse. That kind of coincides with a band goal because my band goal was to lose enough weight to be able to mount and ride a horse easily and feel comfortable doing it. I haven't really come up with short term goals but they seem to come up as I go along. Last year I got to go to the vegas get together and I had lost 68 lbs at that point. It wasn't neccessarily a reward but I kind of thought of it as one. If I've done great all week I might allow something special for a meal or desert... Best wishes, Teresa

P.S. I just remembered my newest goal/ reward. My husband and I booked our first cruise ever (7 nights in Mexico) for this next December so I really want to stay focused on my band progress and be as slim as I can at that point. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face since I booked it and have been really good all week. I am hoping to stay excited and focused till we leave.

Actually I understand what all of you are saying. My biggest reward is to get 2 tattoos - one on my wrist and one on the nape of my back. I want to get the word Patience in either arabic, chinese or japanese lettering on my wrist and on the nape of my back I want to get a bouquet of balloons with my children's names as the string. When I get under 200 the patience will be first and goal weight of 170 will be the balloons.

If a miracle occurs and I actually get below 150, I promised a friend I would bleach my salt & pepper hair to platinum. I'm afraid I'll look like a tired old hooker, but what the hell!

Of My Goodness Zoe, when I saw your photos I thought the exact same thing!!!! But I was thinking more like a Beautiful brunnet with bronzey highlights;) I might think differently if I meet ya in person. Do it now girl you'll feel years younger what ever you decide! You got the figure, now get some younger color:laugh