Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Hi Low BMI Bandsters!!!! This is soupgirl and I'm back...

SO much going on. Moved across country and getting married soon.

BabyGotBack...where are you?

My 'bandiversary' is May 29th and I've only lost 20lbs. Thought it would be more than that...so I was depressed for a while, but I got over that.

Anyone having pain at their port site? Hmmm...kinda nerve wracking!

Can wait to hear from some of you...

I have little twinges here and there at the port site but not really painful. I just went to the doc for a checkup today and all is well. I am praying I can lose at least 20 more lbs by by bandiversary. Cross those fingers!

Hi Low BMI Bandsters!!!! This is soupgirl and I'm back...

SO much going on. Moved across country and getting married soon.

BabyGotBack...where are you?

My 'bandiversary' is May 29th and I've only lost 20lbs. Thought it would be more than that...so I was depressed for a while, but I got over that.

Anyone having pain at their port site? Hmmm...kinda nerve wracking!

Can wait to hear from some of you...

Lately my port feels "pokey"...not sure if it's because i've lost weight or because it's slightly twisted...If I lay on my back and do a "self exam" and stretch and pull up my head and feet, it feels nice and flat, but when I sit and play with it (sounds so funny doesn't it) I swear I can feel the side of it not the flat front...do other's of you have yours poke out that way when sitting?

When I got my 1st fill they had to have me lay down because they said my port was slightly twisted. They tried & tried w/o success. The Dr. said when the port is up near the ribs it can tilt. Lying flat on my back allowed my port to lie flat also & then they were able to do the fill.

When I got my 1st fill they had to have me lay down because they said my port was slightly twisted. They tried & tried w/o success. The Dr. said when the port is up near the ribs it can tilt. Lying flat on my back allowed my port to lie flat also & then they were able to do the fill.

Wasn't that painfull? Ouch.....I know mine gets sore when given too much attention so I can't imagine a needle poking around and around and around in there trying to find it....argh

hi everyone 1 have a bmi of 40..weighed like 297lbs.been looking at his process since oct 2007..well finally decided to go thru with the banding...insurance approved went back last week for my nutrion stuff,,weighed in at 269lbs worried because i fell below my insurance guidelines,the said not to worry because mine does not require any supervised diet,just a 40 bmi or over 35 with with 1 co morbid,,but my bmi dropped several points....first they asked me if i really wanted to go through with it since i dropped like 30lbs since oct..i told them i really don't think i can keep taking weight off cause i actually lost 50lbs but put 20 back on in a couple months..so when they submitted to my insurance they went with my first weigh in at 297lbs.so my insurance approved,right over the phone luckey me,,well june 2 is the big day..they also told me my ability to lose weight,,will make my journey a little easier..that made me feel a lot better,,,i;m not looking to break the weight bank,,just trying to get to about 200lbs,,so if this helps me to eat 1 cheeseburger instead of 2 i'm all for it

hi everyone 1 have a bmi of 40..weighed like 297lbs.been looking at his process since oct 2007..well finally decided to go thru with the banding...insurance approved went back last week for my nutrion stuff,,weighed in at 269lbs worried because i fell below my insurance guidelines,the said not to worry because mine does not require any supervised diet,just a 40 bmi or over 35 with with 1 co morbid,,but my bmi dropped several points....first they asked me if i really wanted to go through with it since i dropped like 30lbs since oct..i told them i really don't think i can keep taking weight off cause i actually lost 50lbs but put 20 back on in a couple months..so when they submitted to my insurance they went with my first weigh in at 297lbs.so my insurance approved,right over the phone luckey me,,well june 2 is the big day..they also told me my ability to lose weight,,will make my journey a little easier..that made me feel a lot better,,,i;m not looking to break the weight bank,,just trying to get to about 200lbs,,so if this helps me to eat 1 cheeseburger instead of 2 i'm all for it

Good luck with the Cheeseburger, I haven't had one since i've been banded (I can't do the bread or the big bites, I have to eat a turkey burger patty cut into tiny pieces and chewed, chewed, chewed VERY small with ketchup and mustard for some wetness to help it get down)!!! I eat less than my 3 1/2 year old daughter!

Hey everyone!! I have a low BMI when it comes to being pre-banded I suppose, its certainly not low regaring where it should be, right now its about 41.2 I think? I'm getting my band in only 9 days!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Good luck with the Cheeseburger, I haven't had one since i've been banded (I can't do the bread or the big bites, I have to eat a turkey burger patty cut into tiny pieces and chewed, chewed, chewed VERY small with ketchup and mustard for some wetness to help it get down)!!! I eat less than my 3 1/2 year old daughter!

Mmmm, cheesbruger sounds good! I can't have one either, the bread doesn't work for me and the ground beef seems to cause a slime or PB, usually both. I eat way less than my 5 year old and I share a plate with my 18month old, he can usually out eat me also! I can't believe how much I used to eat and I thought I was starving at every meal! It is amazing how little food we need to function now. I don't feel deprived or tired, I am full of energy! I am so excited to be only 1 lb away from 149lbs! That sounds so "skinny" to me, I can't believe I am going to be that weight again soon. I haven't been that weight in nearly 10 years! GO ME! I save a lot when we go out to eat now, just a salad and Soup and I am happy.

I just updated my ticker.....my BMI is now NORMAL!!!!! I feel so great, I will never be obese again. I LOVE MY BAND!!!!:):lol::eek::lol::sleep::lol:

Hi, everyone! Please forgive me if this question has been answered, but I've been reading posts all morning and haven't found but a couple of posts relating to my question. What does the pre-op diet that is required by insurance do to your approval when they also require a 40 BMI ? I'm sure most of us have lost weight over a 4-6 month period before, but keeping it off and still losing is a quite different story. I have my seminar/consultation scheduled for Jun 7 and have been told i will "most likely" have to put in 6 months with a dietician and supervised diet before insurance will approve surgery. What does everyone do about this? Thanks so much!

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. I met with Dr. Von Rueden today. His office is requesting approval from my insurance company for the band. My surgery date should be sometime in the beginning of July. I am so nervous and excited! It has been a long road! :-)

I don't have an answer to the question about preop diets and insurance.

I was a self pay so I didn't have to fool around with the insurance company at all.

I am really lucky that I can eat anything I want. I still get food stuck if I am not careful to chew enough. The other day I was craving a McDonald's cheeseburger so I ate one. It didn't give me any trouble.

When I read that about the cheeseburger, it reminded me that in the almost year and a half since I was banded I have had 3 cheeseburgers. Two junior whoopers and one McDonald's. Sometimes I take some of the bread off. I just chew it up until it's liquid in my mouth.

I would probably be much thinner if ice cream and candy didn't go down as easy as it does. I have been under a lot of stress these past few months and just like before, sweets are my downfall when I am upset or stressed. For the most part though, I still get full on tiny little meals and don't eat much at all. It's great not to be hungry and think about food all the time.

Hi, everyone! Please forgive me if this question has been answered, but I've been reading posts all morning and haven't found but a couple of posts relating to my question. What does the pre-op diet that is required by insurance do to your approval when they also require a 40 BMI ? I'm sure most of us have lost weight over a 4-6 month period before, but keeping it off and still losing is a quite different story. I have my seminar/consultation scheduled for Jun 7 and have been told i will "most likely" have to put in 6 months with a dietician and supervised diet before insurance will approve surgery. What does everyone do about this? Thanks so much!

Linda, My BMI is 37. If I had a BMI of 40, I am automatically approved by my insurance. I had to meet with the nutritionist for 3 months, have one of four co-morbidities, and take MANY tests. It has been a long process! I HOPE to be approved by my insurance within the week. :)

Hi all,

I was banded at BMI 41.2 and am now at BMI 28.6. Ive just had my second operation to have the port and tube replaced. I'm finding that my weightloss goes like the dance - slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. But overall, everything is fine and I feel so much better.