Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from downunder

Hi Thistledo & others, I'm from Sydney and was banded on 1 Nov and have lost 13 kilos. I am going through bandsters hell because I can eat anything I want at the moment... not good. I have been going for long walks to make up for it. I'm so glad I did this and I know things will be better when I go for another fill in Jan. Welcome and enjoy.

Hi Thistledo and Saleel, I am also from Australia and being banded on the 10th January, so am on day 4 of the Optifast which is actually going okay.

My dietitian said I don't need to fastidiously measure a cup of green vegetables (and other allowed vegies) so I have been filling up on that too.

I don't mind the choccie bars, which are very filling, or the cappucino shakes, and the berry bar is quite acceptable too.

Hated the gloopy chocolate dessert and not so keen on the chocolate shake. Had an interesting time with the chidken Soup (which tastes okay) as I used the blender on it to make sure I had no lumps and then microwaved it hot - big mistake, it was already a bit frothy and it boiled over and I had white chicken Soup froth all over the microwave! Tastes nice though with some Tomato paste in. I also discovered that when I feel hungry in between meals to drink lots of Water and it makes me feel full again.

Oh yes I live in Adelaide and will be banded by Dr Bessell.

I love this forum and find lots of useful information on it, many super helpful people, as well as some lively and sometimes entertaining discussions.

All the best both of you in your preparation for the band. It wil be interesting to keep track of each others' progress.

Hi Sades,

13 kilos is a good amount to have lost. It's nearly January so you will be able to get that fill soon. Good luck.

Saleel22

Hi Hilary, Good luck for your surgery on the 10th. Sounds like you had fun with the chicken Soup. I haven't heard any one else say that they have actually liked it.

Saleel22

Hi Sades,

13 kilos is a good amount to have lost. It's nearly January so you will be able to get that fill soon. Good luck.

Saleel22

Thanks Saleel, I am happy with the loss but I've really slowed since I can eat so much more. I'm on leave so have too much time on my hands and I've also been on steroids for the last week for a major allergy attack and I don't think they are helping.

Hi Sades and Hilary

So good to hear from everyone! I am feeling quite connected now and you guys are even in my timezone :)

The Soup story was very funny. I dont drink coffee, so I've avoided the coffee flavoured stuff, but maybe i'll give it a go.

Will keep checked in, thanks for responding :thumbs_up:

t

Hello fellow Aussies, and hi again Sades - looks like you're doing well.

I'm from Perth, WA.

It's good to see more Aussies here. I wish you all well with your upcoming banding op. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Amy

Hi Thistledo,

there are a number of Aussie sights so I am attaching their addresses for you. I'm from Sydney and often post on Sydband and there are others that post there from Wollongong, Central Coast and Melbourne. they are a great group and only to willing to help if you need it.

I was banded on 3/12 and have lost about 11kg so far. I haven't had a fill yet but am going back for another appt on 9/1 to see if I need a fill - think I might need a small one - not really hungry but I can eat just about anything without much restriction.

good luck with your banding journey.

Danna

* * * * * * AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY * * * * * *

CANBAND - CANBERRA AND SURROUNDING AREAS.

CanBand : CanBand

* * * * * * NEW SOUTH WALES * * * * * *

SYDBAND – SYDNEY AND SURROUNDING AREAS.

Yahoo! Groups

And hi again Danna - WOW your doing so well, you're catching me - lol.

Hope it's all going good for you, take care - Amy

Hi Amy, I have just looked at your blog. you are doing really well. I hope I do as well. I haven't told any one about going for this op for exactly the reason that I read in your blog. Having people asking how much have you lost and then giving you the look like you have been some how not doing the right thing. If clothes are now fitting you that means things are shifting and moving,don't worry about what the scales are saying. Good on you.

Saleel22

Thanks Saleel

I'm sure you will do well too.

It does get very frustrating and disheartning when people ask all the time, from now on I'm just going to get weighed at the surgeons, and when people ask how much I've lost I won't be lying when I say I don't know, lol...

Amy

Hi Amy & Danna. You guys are doing really well. I am doing well Amy but it's a bit frustrating at the moment... finding it hard to control my intake. Those damn steroids are not helping. I know things will be easier when I'm back at work... not a lot of time to think about food. I also need a lot more restriction.. am going to push to get it earlier than planned.

Hi Amy, congratulations on your weight loss so far. I too have just looked at your blog and it is inspiring so I have added it to favourites. I would love to start a blog but have no idea how so will content myself to reading others. All the best,

Hi there, I am booked in to have Lap Banding on 15th February but my head is spinning with lots of thoughts. I too am looking for a forum to talk about how I feel and whether its normal. I am from Adelaide. Nice to meet you.

Hi HeatherDee,

You will find a lot of supportive people on here. You are being banded the day before me so good luck. I am on the Gold Coast.

Saleel22